Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bodum

Bodum Burr coffee grinder sale 49.95

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2021 10:45 pm
Nov 19, 2020
100 posts
94 upvotes
Bought one a few months back and returned through Amazon because the coarsest setting was still too fine for french press. Otherwise seemed fine at this price point.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6847 posts
1201 upvotes
Etobicoke
Bodum makes 2 different burr grinders. The one in the OP's post, as well as this one --> https://www.bodum.com/ca/en/10903-01us-3-bistro

Yes, it cost twice as much. But it is a much better grinder. It is not perfect as it is inconsistent and suffers from static cling. But given the price, it is an excellent deal. I actually got mine about 10 years ago for $50 at The Bay. Still running strong. If you're looking for a burr grinder for less than $100, I suggest waiting for Black Friday or Boxing day and get the other Bodum Burr Grinder.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5252 posts
7742 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Bskll wrote: don't you mean a lot more? the volatile compounds are what you pay for in the freshly roasted beans...
Yeah, sorry, that's right
[OP]
Feb 28, 2015
158 posts
126 upvotes
Corman Park, SK
Got an e-mail that my order was shipped today.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17018 posts
4806 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
eelfliw wrote: Bodum makes 2 different burr grinders. The one in the OP's post, as well as this one --> https://www.bodum.com/ca/en/10903-01us-3-bistro

Yes, it cost twice as much. But it is a much better grinder. It is not perfect as it is inconsistent and suffers from static cling. But given the price, it is an excellent deal. I actually got mine about 10 years ago for $50 at The Bay. Still running strong. If you're looking for a burr grinder for less than $100, I suggest waiting for Black Friday or Boxing day and get the other Bodum Burr Grinder.
Assuming the actual burr grinder is the same. Only the switches look different
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6847 posts
1201 upvotes
Etobicoke
weedb0y wrote: Assuming the actual burr grinder is the same. Only the switches look different
It is different. The cheaper model does not have a timer. The more expensive model has a timer with which you can dial in the duration of the grind. The cheaper model uses a dial wheel on the side to dial in the grind size. The more expensive model uses rotating hopper to adjust grind size. The cheaper model also uses a plastic hopper to catch the grinds, which is very prone to static electricity. The more expensive model uses a glass beaker with rubber lid to catch grinds. Although it is still prone to static during the winter months when air is dry, it is far less affected by static cling.
Dec 18, 2010
708 posts
791 upvotes
Vancouver
My Bodum burr grinder just stopped working after 6 months. Took me a lot of effort to get their customer service to send me a replacement as they blamed me for “damaging” it. Finally received the replacement and sold it to buy the Oxo burr grinder which is performing very well! Bodum, never again.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1212 posts
334 upvotes
iN10Se wrote: My Bodum burr grinder just stopped working after 6 months. Took me a lot of effort to get their customer service to send me a replacement as they blamed me for “damaging” it. Finally received the replacement and sold it to buy the Oxo burr grinder which is performing very well! Bodum, never again.
Mine is still going strong after 8 years of being used at least once a day.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1502 posts
943 upvotes
GTA
My burr grinder from last year's sale can't consistently grind smaller than half a bean. I should have RMA it during the heat of covid as I took it apart too to find out the settings didn't move the size door at all and pretty sure it never did in the first place.
Jul 6, 2018
898 posts
1710 upvotes
Similar experience here as everyone else. Bought a Bodum grinder and was extremely disappointed with the results. Ended up giving it away to a coworker I didn't like.

Saved up for a Baratza Encore, and the difference in quality is night and day.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1395 posts
732 upvotes
Toronto
I guess the ppl complaining are the ones that expect this to work like a $200+ grinder. I bought the glass catcher one a few years ago from a rfd post as well , I think it was All in $90 and it has performed as expected. It’s small enough to store away and not another counter top real estate hog. To each their own. Good deal for $50 but you’re gonna have to deal with some annoyances
JS
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2666 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
duhastvielgeweint wrote: Is it true that Costco has grinders you can use to grind the whole beans you buy there?

If so, what's the drawback of using their grinders other than convenience?
Freshness. The biggest "offender" in coffee before brewing is humidity, which cause oxidation.

A Whole bean will have a considerably smaller surface area compared to the same weight in ground coffee. More surface area exposed to humidity = more/faster oxidation = coffee go stale faster.

So if you grind right before brewing, you're getting a lot "fresher" coffee. If you want to go the "freshest" (?) get them right after roast. the "oxidation" clock starts after roast (when you remove all moisture from the bean)
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17018 posts
4806 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
jh1 wrote: Mine is still going strong after 8 years of being used at least once a day.
Mine too. I realized I have the expensive version of it that I had picked up off Amazon on a price error 5-6+ years ago (around 80-90ish as well). It's not consistent but does the job for my Aeropress.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1502 posts
943 upvotes
GTA
Anyone have a broken burr grinder that they can send me the grinder ring?

No stock in spare parts and Customer Service won't deal with since I'm 5 days out of delivery date for a part I didn't know it was missing.
Nov 4, 2009
288 posts
275 upvotes
Calgary
beepbeepboop wrote: Got this one about a year ago. Coffee flies everywhere. Also Bodum doesn't accept returns.
I don't recommend this product.
Got it last year when it was posted here and have had the same issue. What works for me is don't overfill the collector, and give it a few taps after grinding, I usually lift it maybe half an inch off the counter and tap it 3-4 times to get all the grinds out. That when combined with the water drop technique posted by other users has made this much less messy to use.

I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for a burr grinder.
Jul 14, 2006
735 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
coupon code COFFEE10 for another 10% off.
$44.95 for this model.

I ended up getting the glass model for $93.55 with this coupon.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1261 posts
1149 upvotes
Montreal
Funny story, I bought one of these. It didn't work first try, so contacted Bodum and they offered to send a new one, no questions asked. But I spent more time looking at it and realized there must have been a small stone in the coffee, which was bizarre, but after removing it, the bodum is lasting years and years, with many pots of coffee per day. I've only had to clean the burrs once.

I found a glass jar from some Italian hot peppers that fit the ground coffee container lid perfectly, which eliminates the static problem.

For $50, it's a steal, just find a glass container for the ground coffee.
Nov 30, 2013
840 posts
1116 upvotes
Got this last year. Piece of crap. Gave it away. Don't go for it.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1852 posts
315 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I bought this a year ago as well and it's been absolutely fine for me. It's my daily sometimes twice a day grinder. I don't use drops of water or anything. The grind I chose was somewhere in the middle between fine and coarse.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)