Expired Hot Deals

Bodum.com

E-BODUM BISTRO Electric coffee grinder $86.53

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 6:37 pm
[OP]
Newbie
May 12, 2010
55 posts
46 upvotes

E-BODUM BISTRO Electric coffee grinder $86.53

Deal Link:
Price:
86.53
Savings:
47.58
Retailer:
Bodum.com
First time posting a "warm" deal?

E-BODUM BISTRO Electric coffee grinder. Regular price $129.99, on sale for $96.95. You can also apply a 15% discount on top of the sale price.

https://www.bodum.com/ca/en/10903-01us-3-bistro

Use coupon code OBERST15 for 15% off.

My subtotal after tax in BC CA$86.53.
20 replies
Jr. Member
Feb 20, 2019
168 posts
629 upvotes
Montreal
Good Price for a burr grinder.
I had this one a while back. OK grinder, used it with aeropress and french press, not great for espresso.

Also, this item is pretty messy. You will have to clean the surface after most uses.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 17, 2005
4937 posts
2344 upvotes
Markham
After highlighting the link and using go to function works.

I have one of these for nearly 10 years now.
Member
Oct 26, 2010
289 posts
169 upvotes
Scarborough
Thx was looking to pick one up since I just bought a French press from them. Glad I waited to get this discount.
Member
Oct 26, 2010
289 posts
169 upvotes
Scarborough
VantesV wrote: Does anyone know the difference between the $65 one here vs the $97 one here ?
I believe the 97 one is the pro version. You get more setting and a time setting. Not sure what else the difference. But I bought the 97 one.
Newbie
Jul 8, 2020
35 posts
86 upvotes
I was checking out, applied the coupon, then the discounted price jumped back up to $109. Anyone else get this?
[OP]
Newbie
May 12, 2010
55 posts
46 upvotes
ThriftDealer wrote: I was checking out, applied the coupon, then the discounted price jumped back up to $109. Anyone else get this?


I think they do a funny thing with tax calculations. When I entered my postal code and Province, it went from $96.95
to $101.80 (BC tax is $4.12) = 96.95 + 4.12 = 101.07
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2018
1491 posts
1676 upvotes
I picked this one last time when they had the same discount from a couple of months ago. Been using it daily, for drip coffee really no complain. It really does taste better than a blade grinder.

There is some static issue but it is a minor problem.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2065 posts
1872 upvotes
Ottawa
321baktrak wrote: I think they do a funny thing with tax calculations. When I entered my postal code and Province, it went from $96.95
to $101.80 (BC tax is $4.12) = 96.95 + 4.12 = 101.07
@ThriftDealer

I can confirm that the first Subtotal line is wrong. It's really odd:

Subtotal: CA$109.55
Shipping & Handling (Express - Canada Post):CA$0.00
Discount (Free Shipping, 15% discount - Oberst):-CA$14.54
Grand total exclude taxes:CA$82.41
Tax: CA$10.71

GRAND TOTAL: CA$93.12

The Grand Total is correct, though. It reflects the $96.95*0.85*1.13 = $93.12
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1458 posts
19 upvotes
Markham
I have the standard one. This grinder has a big static electricity issues. My grinds fall all over the place when taking the container out of the grinder. Anyone have a pro tip to prevent that. Wonder if the premium glass once prevent the static electricity issue
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1470 posts
1254 upvotes
Edmonton
beppy wrote: I have the standard one. This grinder has a big static electricity issues. My grinds fall all over the place when taking the container out of the grinder. Anyone have a pro tip to prevent that. Wonder if the premium glass once prevent the static electricity issue
Have had this grinder for years and have the same static electricity issue. I suggest you try adding a drop or two of water to the beans before putting them into the grinder.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5955 posts
363 upvotes
Vancouver
I use this one everyday.

The grinds, once in the cup will stay in the cup and when i pour it into my pour over, it slides out. One gripe is sometimes some grinds stay at the bottom.

The other gripe is its kinda messy in general. When you grind beans, make sure you shake the whole unit cause the little spout where the grinds pour into the contianer sometimes has about whole/half a tablespoon of grinds in it. You move the grinder without the container and it pours out.

Other then that, its way better then my blade grinder.
Jr. Member
Nov 13, 2014
147 posts
328 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
beppy wrote: I have the standard one. This grinder has a big static electricity issues. My grinds fall all over the place when taking the container out of the grinder. Anyone have a pro tip to prevent that. Wonder if the premium glass once prevent the static electricity issue
Jr. Member
Nov 13, 2014
147 posts
328 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Narci wrote: I use this one everyday.

The grinds, once in the cup will stay in the cup and when i pour it into my pour over, it slides out. One gripe is sometimes some grinds stay at the bottom.

The other gripe is its kinda messy in general. When you grind beans, make sure you shake the whole unit cause the little spout where the grinds pour into the contianer sometimes has about whole/half a tablespoon of grinds in it. You move the grinder without the container and it pours out.

Other then that, its way better then my blade grinder.




orr the other video I quoted.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2010
864 posts
418 upvotes
Canada
Bought this the last time there was a deal. "Meh". It's very messy and impractical. I mean, it does a good job grinding but falls short on the rest of form and function.

Top