[Bodum.com] *Warm* Bodum Bistro Burr Coffee Grinder $103.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2019 12:55 pm
13 replies
[OP]
Dec 17, 2017
13 posts
11 upvotes
Can someone tell me why the link is not working? Copied directly from website.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
1126 posts
716 upvotes
theperfectpic20 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 2:15 pm
Normal with RFD affiliate stuff! Just have to copy it manually!
Oct 24, 2009
721 posts
607 upvotes
Vancouver
It's been lower before but a decent grinder for the price. Been using it for over a year no issues. Hopper fits a 10oz bag of bean, turn the knob to how many cups I need, hit start and the right amount is automatically dispensed.
Oct 18, 2015
195 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I also have the same grinder and it worked well, my only complaint is that sometimes if you change the fineness setting, the top container pops off... Making a mess.
Dec 8, 2009
198 posts
178 upvotes
Mississauga
Too expensive. I bought mine last year on Black Friday for $79 - I PM'd Bodum's website offer at Bed Bath and Beyond. At the same time it was below $100 in Walmart.
It's a a perfect grinder for the money, but wait just one month longer, it'll be cheaper.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1196 posts
974 upvotes
Hongcouver
theperfectpic20 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 2:15 pm
http://www.bodum.com/ca/en/10903-01us-3-bistro
I had to take out the first part.

I have this grinder for 5 years now, never had a problem with it, but caution that it does make a mess. The grinds are kinda like little screws, twisties, and they are static and sticks to everywhere (Especially glasses). If you are not careful, it can be a messy clean up.
And yeah, this was on sale at Bay for $79.99 a year or so ago.
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Dec 29, 2017
196 posts
98 upvotes
I owned this for a few years but eventually sold it when I got a espresso machine, got the Breville smart grinder pro on sale. Huge improvement over this.

I used this Bodium grinder for French press. Get a kitchen scale to find your preferred dose amount. You get to choose grind time in 5 second increments. Their recommendation for time was under dosing my coffee significantly. Once dialled in, accuracy is pretty good, about 2 grams variance on most days.

There is so much static with this grinder. Your counter will be a mess and it’s hard to get all the grinds out of the collection container. It became very annoying.

The bean hopper holds a nice amount of beans.

Ultimately, the lack of precision dosing, too much static and difficulty to use with a portafilter led me to sell it. This was better than the Cuisnart burr grinder though.

If I was buying a cheap burr grinder today, I’d try the Oster $55 reg price at Walmart. My friends use it for espresso and they are happy with it, but I never tried it.

Happy brewing!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2290 posts
150 upvotes
barmadrid wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 2:13 pm
Another option would be Porlex manual burr (Made in Japan). I got this 3 months and I use it for Drip coffee grind. Excellent quality!
had a Hario manual grinder when I first got into coffee: great but takes too long (Electric vs. manual)
Totally not the same as the OPs bodum electric grinder which gets the job done quickly
I've had my bodum for 3 years so far!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1141 posts
722 upvotes
Toronto
barmadrid wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 2:13 pm
Another option would be Porlex manual burr (Made in Japan). I got this 3 months and I use it for Drip coffee grind. Excellent quality!

https://www.analogcoffee.ca/products/porlex-tall $80
If you don't brew coffee that often, might be a good option, but I wouldn't suggest it for a daily brewer.
I have both Bodum Bistro and a Hario Skerton; haven't used the Hario in like 5 years... Manual burrs are nice, ceramic and all, but grind 60g of beans every morning, that's a job for a machine!
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 1:25 am
Mine broke after half a year
I have mine for 3years. it's super noisy and rather slow (used to be 30 seconds for 60g now it takes like ~90+ easily) -
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Feb 6, 2013
85 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
I have the cheap manual grinder from amazon.ca

It takes me 1 refil each time to get 60g grinded every morning.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4234 posts
658 upvotes
Edmonton
I own both. The bodum works very well and used for my daily coffee making espresso grinds. The manual grinder I use in the road which is also often but I make dip coffee grinds of it.

Both work great. Both have static issues as all coffee seems to be prone to this issue. Some coffees are more prone to static then others. The glass on the bodum helps reduce sticking. I do not see why people are complaining about the unit. I have tried many others and so far bodum is the best. It’s over 4 years old now and going strong. The grind timer is not exact all the time but it’s a minor thing.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.