• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 9:45 am
[OP]
Nov 23, 2004
825 posts
197 upvotes

Bodum - Electric Burr Coffee Grinder - $51.95

Deal Link:
Cheaper than recently posted deal with free shipping. bodum-bodum-electric-burr-coffee-grinder-black-2398155/

HOWEVER, caveat is that I bought it last time and quite honestly, not impressed. Coffee grinds do fly out due to a small gap between the grinder and the plastic catcher. Anyone else have this problem? I reached out to Bodum who acknowledged that the gap is part of the design and that since I used it, they will not accept a return. Even unused products are subject to 10% restocking fees. Ridiculous lack of customer support.

For those looking for a grinder, I would suggest you go with the higher end model (with a glass catcher) that is also on sale and cheaper than last time even with coupon code.
Last edited by freebies_r_us on Sep 18th, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Oct 14, 2015
314 posts
265 upvotes
Halifax, NS
I too had this annoying as f__k.
But I used a little chair felt pad on the bottom to raise the glass cup and no more issues.
Nice sung fit no spillage. I agree design flaw.
Mar 11, 2008
366 posts
759 upvotes
London
freebies_r_us wrote: Cheaper than recently posted deal with free shipping. bodum-bodum-electric-burr-coffee-grinder-black-2398155/

HOWEVER, caveat is that I bought it last time and quite honestly, not impressed. Coffee grinds do fly out due to a small gap between the grinder and the plastic catcher. Anyone else have this problem? I reached out to Bodum who acknowledged that the gap is part of the design and that since I used it, they will not accept a return. Even unused products are subject to 10% restocking fees. Ridiculous lack of customer support.

For those looking for a grinder, I would suggest you go with the higher end model (with a glass catcher) that is also on sale and cheaper than last time even with coupon code.
I have the glass catcher. Still not impressed. Grinds don't completely empty from the grinder and it's always leaking a small pile after you pull out the catcher. Glass still > plastic for static but all things considered I'm giving Bodum a solid meh. Still better than mashing your beans with blades so if it's this or hulk smash, I'll take this every time.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1896 posts
1366 upvotes
freebies_r_us wrote: Cheaper than recently posted deal with free shipping. bodum-bodum-electric-burr-coffee-grinder-black-2398155/

Soooo what you're saying is that it's not a hot deal because the product is flawed and that the deal might be the higher end model that doesn't have a link?
Mar 23, 2017
521 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
any alternative suggestions for a non gapped burr grinder in the same price range?
Mar 14, 2020
38 posts
77 upvotes
Montreal
Jon Lai wrote: Bath and Body Works?!
That was my first thought as well. That doesn't seem right... Thinking Face
Dec 12, 2019
24 posts
14 upvotes
Would this be an upgrade over the Delonghi KG89? I've got coffee everywhere after I grind with that. Got it as part of a promotion a couple years ago.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19392 posts
6470 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I've had one for a long time. These things make a huge mess which forces us to grind in bulk which kind of defeats the purpose.
I'll spend more on something better when this thing finally dies. I've stopped giving it the "rests" to cool off between uses like you're supposed to but it still refuses to stop working.
Oct 24, 2011
15 posts
5 upvotes
Had one of these and was not impressed as well. Found ourselves having to clean it constantly and then died only after a couple years of use.
Nov 19, 2002
188 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary
Their shipping is brutal lately. Ordered a month ago and didn't ship until I sent an email to support 2 weeks later. Still hasn't arrived
Aug 7, 2019
68 posts
167 upvotes
vancouver
Just wanted to say I got my unit today and I am kind of disappointed. I didn't do too much research I think. After learning to cover the gap with my hand and smacking the back of the grinder to get the rest of the coffee, it works better I guess. Also, Bodum won't take back opened products... I guess for $45 before tax, it's still a decent deal for a burr grinder but kind of made me wish I bought one of those fancy $200 grinder. Dunno...