Expired Hot Deals

Body Fat Scale- Amazon- 42.99 (Smart scale with Bluetooth Connectivity)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2018 8:19 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2940 posts
282 upvotes

Body Fat Scale- Amazon- 42.99 (Smart scale with Bluetooth Connectivity)

Deal Link:
Price:
Just ordered. Seems to have good reviews.

Fakespot says about 20% of the reviews are low quality reviews. But considering there's 500+ reviews, I thought it was worth it.

Cheapest it's ever been on Amazon.
Last edited by jadoocian on Feb 28th, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1342 posts
2876 upvotes
Montreal
Sometimes a few of these types of scales go on sale as lightning deals.
Personally I had bought this one months ago https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01FHELB56/ref ... 47080&sr=1

But for the price, scales of these types are generally around the 40$ range.
I wouldn't take some of the results too serious as generally some of the results such as body fat, muscle, bone etc seem inaccurate or seems to suggest something that doesnt' sound right.
Sep 2, 2014
393 posts
158 upvotes
i have a good experience with garmin index smart scale i feel it is much better than weight watchers or fitbit aria and decided to pulled the trigger on garmin index based on the reviews.
Last edited by sammjm on Feb 28th, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Jul 31, 2010
156 posts
210 upvotes
Why is this being downvoted? Are certain RFDer's being triggered?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2005
5212 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
Just doing some research on smart scales. It seems like Qardiobase 2, Fitbit Aria 2, Nokia smart scale and Garmin Index smart scale are the top choices.

Don't mean to derail the thread since they are all $100 +. Any comparison to the one that OP mentioned? Seems like similar features but maybe paying for brand name
Aug 26, 2011
397 posts
179 upvotes
xbr50 wrote: Why is this being downvoted? Are certain RFDer's being triggered?
because people are healthy at every size!!!

/s
Koodo 6GB/40$ :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2940 posts
282 upvotes
Not sure wassup with the downvotes...
Anyhow used it today, stepped on it a few times and got almost exactly the same reading every time (can't say that for other scales I have in the house)

Easily sent all reading information to my phone automatically. So far, impressed for $43. (also got it shipped to my house within 2 days- without Prime)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16945 posts
1788 upvotes
Thornhill
jadoocian wrote: Not sure wassup with the downvotes...
Anyhow used it today, stepped on it a few times and got almost exactly the same reading every time (can't say that for other scales I have in the house)

Easily sent all reading information to my phone automatically. So far, impressed for $43. (also got it shipped to my house within 2 days- without Prime)
The reading is expected to vary over the day. The recommended reading time is 2(?) hours after dinner.

... at least according to the manual of the Tanita scale I have.

edit: forgot to add - I have a few Etekcity items and I would say they are pretty good quality.

bjl
Last edited by t3359 on Feb 28th, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16945 posts
1788 upvotes
Thornhill
This is why the RFD anonymous down-vote system is COMPLETELY STUPID.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3564 posts
3138 upvotes
Toronto
at first i thought it was an ordinary body fat scale that usually goes on sale for under 30 but then i checked again and it is a smart scale that has BT connectivity to your phones. you should add that to the title to differentiate it. now all of a sudden this is a great price!
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1369 posts
1077 upvotes
Just so everyone knows, these types of scales are highly inaccurate and not precise for body fat measurements.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2940 posts
282 upvotes
done!
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4856 posts
2257 upvotes
measuring body fat is pretty easy with just a measuring tape... just use that, get your measurements and put it into any calculator online. that's more reliable and accurate than these things

if you really need a scale, just get a normal weighing scale, without all these other "extra" features.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Read the reviews. You're getting what you're paying for. I did a lot of research before I bought my Withings. More money, but much better. They're harder to find now since Nokia bought the company, but Nokias are essentially the same if you use the legacy Withings apps.

Note than any scale will not accurately measure body fat, but will show trends up or down.

https://www.amazon.com/Withings-Body-Co ... B01F3LJ2RW
In your pants!
Jan 13, 2013
174 posts
58 upvotes
Victoria
just what I need, a scale that will wirelessly report how fat I am to any neighbour within range :P
Nov 23, 2012
414 posts
242 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc

Reading the reviews on amazon, it looks like it could be because of the fact that the body fat percentage and other readings other than weight don't seem to be too reliable. There was a women in A1 shape who was training for the olympics and the scale said she had a 38% BF, so it kinds of become expensive if you're paying for a normal scale...
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1589 posts
813 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
some RFDers don’t wanna know their “body fat” probably lol