Health & Wellness

The Body Shop Canada - Change to Rewards Program?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2017 6:20 pm
Mar 15, 2011
559 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto

The Body Shop Canada - Change to Rewards Program?

Are you aware that the 'Love your Body Rewards' program is changing? (Old green card Members)
I did not know this and only realized it today.

The old program was ($10 to join) and was the most fabulous program, I got a lot of use out of it especially buying gift sets post Xmas for dirt cheap.
- get 1 point when you spend $25 subtotal pre tax
- Get additional points during double points events
- @ 4 points in the year redeem $15 for free
- @ 8 points in the year redeem $25 for free
- get $10 worth of product during your birthday month
- get invited to exclusive member events and mini makeovers
- get 10% off every purchase (I really liked this as it absorbed a lot of the tax)

The new program looks free to join. But that is the only good thing about it....all the cool rewards are gone:(
https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-ca/lybc-marketing
- Get 1 point for every $1 (on your pre-tax subtotal I'd guess)
- Redeem when you reach 100 points for a $10 credit
- Get additional points during double points events
- get invited to exclusive member events and sneak peeks
- get $10 worth of product during your birthday month

When I was in store today, I asked if I have to switch over - and they said that when your current membership expires, they will give you the new program.
So my advice, if you have points to redeem or things to buy to get them before your membership expires.
1 reply
Mar 15, 2011
559 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
Also of note is the way they run promos now

- you can't stack promos any more, you have to pick one (for example in the past I've stacked the buy 3 get 3 with the 50% off, plus double points plus 10% off - no more of this)
- each promo seems to have a really long list of exclusions in the fine print, best to read those before making a trip to the store
- promos don't apply to items under $6, so gone are the days I would get fancy soap bars for cheap