Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5545 posts
2101 upvotes
Canuckland

Bodybuilding.com Customs charges

Has anyone ever been dinged with Customs from bodybuilding.com?

Recently I ordered from them and I realized they use fking UPS.
13 replies
Nov 19, 2012
93 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
I have never had to pay customs when I order from Bodybuilding.com. I believe they have a warehouse in Mississauga now??

I made an order on Cyber Monday and it was delivered 2 days later, shipment originating in Concord, Ontario.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1343 posts
397 upvotes
Calgary
Pretty sure everything is paid on their end. I've never paid duties when ordering them, even on 400+ dollar orders.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6306 posts
2176 upvotes
Montreal
That is why they charge you taxes at checkout and pre-clear your order so it doesnt have to go through customs.
My order made friday should already be here by end of day.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5545 posts
2101 upvotes
Canuckland
I hope so, ups charges are ridiculous
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2542 posts
632 upvotes
Toronto
It depends. They do have a warehouse out by the toeonto airport but sometimes the products ordered are from the states.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1493 upvotes
Montreal
I have made over 15 orders with BB.com. Not once have i paid extra beyond what BB.com charges you at checkout
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2007
2339 posts
208 upvotes
Waterloo
Just received a $250 order from them this morning using UPS. No customs.
In fact, even on their checkout they specifically state '*THE SHIPPING OPTION ABOVE INCLUDES DUTY AND TAXES' so even if you did get charged, I am sure you could get it refunded by BB
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5545 posts
2101 upvotes
Canuckland
Jimboski wrote: Whenever you pay taxes on an item coming from the USA, it should be customs/duties free.

Not necessarily, I was once dinged after buying stuff from USA cuz they shipped with UPS. Maybe it was USA tax?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5545 posts
2101 upvotes
Canuckland
Update: was not charged Customs or any ups fee.
Aug 17, 2014
75 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Yo OP you aware?? Misc brah?

Anyways I never order from BB.com. Always too expensive. I usually order from nutraplanet. Usually their prices are quite a bit cheaper.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5545 posts
2101 upvotes
Canuckland
canadianbrah wrote: Yo OP you aware?? Misc brah?

Anyways I never order from BB.com. Always too expensive. I usually order from nutraplanet. Usually their prices are quite a bit cheaper.
Nah, bodybuilding.com great deals from time to time
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6306 posts
2176 upvotes
Montreal
canadianbrah wrote: Yo OP you aware?? Misc brah?

nutraplanet shipping is ridiculous, and they ship with UPS/FedEx without pre-clearing your order so huge chances that you also get hit with ridiculous taxes/custom fees.