• Mar 25th, 2022 8:51 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 25, 2008
783 posts
56 upvotes
YORK

bone growth test

Hi my boy is 11.5 years old but height is only at 1.4m. He always has been much lower than standard height .

My friend suggested to take bone growth test, curious did anyone take such test and what advice were you given by Dr afterwards?

thanks
TC
4 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
11819 posts
6884 upvotes
Markham
1.4 m seems at 50% height curve or might be 40%. Doesn't seem "much lower". Some kids grow late
Last edited by smartie on Mar 23rd, 2022 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2241 posts
3444 upvotes
West
Has someone actually been tracking his height & weight through his development (i.e. his doctor, marking on the wall at home, etc.)? If not, someone needs to start doing that. As long as they are not crossing expected trajectory percentile lines on growth charts, they're fine - you would see this as growth stunting.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
2439 posts
2101 upvotes
NOT centre of Univer…
We had it done when my youngest was maybe 4 or 5. It was because her growth percentile was continually dropping off her curve for about a year continually. She started some where near the 25 percentile and then was under the 1st percentile. We did the tests, they just said she was a 'late bloomer' She still remains small. She is 13 and 148 cm.

It's only if they fall off their curve for a while.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it bothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2004
1192 posts
127 upvotes
Unless he is dropping percentile (ie from above 75% to below 50%, etc) from the growth curve. otherwise nothing to concern, as long as he is following the trajectory. As well, some kids are late boomer, if you and your spouse are late boomer, chances are your kids will be.