507 upvotes
Montreal

Live Bonsai Kit Gift Box

Deal Link:
Price:
Various
Retailer:
Bonsaistore.co
Just want to share a nice gift idea. I received a Bonsai Kit a few days ago from my brother and I'm so pleased with it that I felt the need to share.
They currently have 2 gift box on sale.
The first one is a Juniper Bonsai at $77.95 https://bonsaistore.co/collections/avai ... per-bonsai and the other one is a Jade Bonsai at $119.88 https://bonsaistore.co/collections/avai ... ducts/jade.
It comes with everything needed to grow a Bonsai and care for it.
Montréal, Québec
53 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2418 posts
714 upvotes
Gta
Don’t need it , but upvote for buying Canadian!
Koodo member
Nov 8, 2005
556 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
How difficult is it to grow a Bonsai tree indoor?
[OP]
Aug 22, 2011
765 posts
507 upvotes
Montreal
Yes, small Canadian businesses need our support and it's a real pleasure to share when we're happy with a product :-)
Montréal, Québec
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2199 posts
1235 upvotes
GTA
MiniTatou wrote: Just want to share a nice gift idea. I received a Bonsai Kit a few days ago from my brother and I'm so pleased with it that I felt the need to share.
They currently have 2 gift box on sale.
The first one is a Juniper Bonsai at $77.95 https://bonsaistore.co/collections/avai ... per-bonsai and the other one is a Jade Bonsai at $119.88 https://bonsaistore.co/collections/avai ... ducts/jade.
It comes with everything needed to grow a Bonsai and care for it.
Any pics of what yours received looks like?
Last edited by Akizuki on Dec 1st, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1327 posts
1801 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: Don’t need it , but upvote for buying Canadian!
I was looking to see where they're located but couldn't find it.
Aug 29, 2018
842 posts
831 upvotes
Righhht nice try there OP but since its to support local Canadian business, your forgiven. Probably your company
Last edited by BenzDude11 on Dec 1st, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3192 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
ahson wrote: How difficult is it to grow a Bonsai tree indoor?
if you have a tropical one, not hard, jus mist daily, ensure it gets ample sunlight during winter and have a humidity tray for it.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2011
765 posts
507 upvotes
Montreal
I'm totally new to Bonsai but the kit contains all that's needed. I guess it depends on the type of bonsai.
I received the Jade Bonsai and it's presently adapting. To me, it's more of a project then just a plant.
There are a lot of really nice and informative "How To" on YouTube for growing/caring for all types of bonsai.
Montréal, Québec
Nov 2, 2011
38 posts
51 upvotes
GTA
MiniTatou wrote: Yes, small Canadian businesses need our support and it's a real pleasure to share when we're happy with a product :-)
Where are they located?
[OP]
Aug 22, 2011
765 posts
507 upvotes
Montreal
Larkstarr wrote: Where are they located?
In Ontario but I can't remember in which city :-/
Montréal, Québec
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3577 posts
3577 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks. I'm going to check this out. Always wanted one, and my wife might like this because she's on and big houseplant spree.
Aug 2, 2009
117 posts
42 upvotes
Atlantic Cda.
Thanks OP. I would never have thought of this. This will make a nice Xmas gift for someone on my list.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2011
765 posts
507 upvotes
Montreal
I received mine as a gift ... but a few days later I've also send one as a gift :-)
Ask the owner (by email) to add a message in the Gift Box if you're sending it as a gift ;-)
Montréal, Québec
Aug 4, 2010
314 posts
212 upvotes
Montreal, QC
OOS? To me the jade is looking at $149 and then there’s $40 shipping
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1172 posts
199 upvotes
Ottawa
StormBringer44 wrote: OOS? To me the jade is looking at $149 and then there’s $40 shipping
Scroll down the page, still available for $119... free shipping when over $150.

What I don’t understand is why anyone would gift the kit, when you can buy the mature plant on the same website for less...
Jul 19, 2006
494 posts
56 upvotes
oceans_end wrote: Scroll down the page, still available for $119... free shipping when over $150.

What I don’t understand is why anyone would gift the kit, when you can buy the mature plant on the same website for less...
I thought I saw it say that the free shipping over $150 doesn't apply if the $150 relates to live plants but maybe I'm mistaken.