• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2020 10:06 am
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto

@bonterra - the Evan Williams eggnog is in the stores

now and is going fast and will not be restocked. My husband bought 4 bottles today. Life is 6 months before it turns, not that it will last that long here. For anyone else out there that likes booze in their eggnog the Even Williams is really good - if you like eggnog, which I don't. I think it was you, bonterra who referred me to the Evan Williams - if not, well now you know.
8 replies
Aug 30, 2018
82 posts
41 upvotes
grabbed one today. it's not too sweet and tastes great.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
summerxx wrote: grabbed one today. it's not too sweet and tastes great.
If you want more, now is the time to buy. But check the LCBO (or wherever province you are located in) to make sure they have it. My husband told me that it was selling really fast. He has opened one bottle, and we will save the rest.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I'm not trying to be weird here, but why not just buy eggnog and add your own booze? Is this stuff really that special? Again, not trying to be difficult, just truly can't see what the advantage is to pre-mixed boozy eggnog.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
I was not a fan of the Kirkland or whatever brand it was at Costco, half of it was thrown out I think last year...will stick to Rye or getting a nice bottle of scotch
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7950 posts
3614 upvotes
Blanche123 Thank you so much for posting. I've been out of touch for health reasons and eggnog was not on my radar. But after reading your post I got my 4 bottles too. Yum.

I also got 1 of the Old Tom version with rum in it.

Going to be a quiet Christmas but simple pleasures will make it festive.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
bonterra wrote: Blanche123 Thank you so much for posting. I've been out of touch for health reasons and eggnog was not on my radar. But after reading your post I got my 4 bottles too. Yum.

this putting the tree up this weekend to make a prolonged Christmas season of simple pleasures
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
bonterra wrote: Blanche123 Thank you so much for posting. I've been out of touch for health reasons and eggnog was not on my radar. But after reading your post I got my 4 bottles too. Yum.

bonterra, you are welcome. And I sincerely hope that you are on the mend.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
Chickinvic wrote: I'm not trying to be weird here, but why not just buy eggnog and add your own booze? Is this stuff really that special? Again, not trying to be difficult, just truly can't see what the advantage is to pre-mixed boozy eggnog.
Probably because I don't like eggnog, so just my husband drinks it. And he prefers the Evan Williams brand (only this one) for pre-mixed eggnog with booze. We do not buy any other pre-mixed booze. If we were to buy a bottle of booze and eggnog (the eggnog would likely be Organic Meadow) and the separate liquor he would be having even more of the eggnog mixture than he does. He doesn't gain weight even in his old age! Plus there is the fact that I am a red wine only drinker and he drinks strong beer, so that we would have to buy the booze.

How are the pups? I always remember your pictures of your dogs in their "beds". We used to live in Ottawa many years ago but are now in Toronto. But my BIL and his wife moved from Vancouver to Victoria 2 years ago. How are you finding Victoria after Ottawa? I was in Victoria once. It was very strange to see daffodils out at the end of Jan. and then having to go back to Toronto. It my have been overcast in Victoria, but it sure beat the snow and ice in Toronto and Ottawa.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)