Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Bonus Redemption Jan 18-20

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2020 6:52 pm
Dec 17, 2008
191 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
iamdesperado wrote: According to their flyer, Nintendo Switch is $379.99 plus tax. But you pay $79.99 if you redeem 200,000 points. That means they deduct the value of points BEFORE tax, right? If so, that's another $30+ saving.
Does anyone know, is the deduction before or after tax? My guess would be before, coz the points you earn is before the tax. But I could be wrong.
The points are treated as cash, you're not getting a $300 discount, so you're still paying tax on the full amount. Also fine print states taxes are applied prior to points redemption.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1080 posts
761 upvotes
Toronto
https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/flyer

Nintendo Switch ... 200K points become 300K points and becomes $79.99
Xbox One X ... 200K points become 300K points and becomes $299.99
PS4 ... 200K points become 300K points and $379.99 becomes $79.99

What is showing does not come with any games.

Interesting too was that I was sent a 15x SDM points which says it can be used during this time period so you might be able to save even more if you got such an offer. Unfortunately I am not in position to do this. : S LOL!
Dec 31, 2018
188 posts
157 upvotes
corialis wrote: I sure as hell hope they never remove earning points on prescriptions, because between my meds and the points my mother earns on her meds, that's where all my points come from! Face With Tears Of Joy Most people try to optimize their airline and hotel points programs through work travel, I try to optimize my Shoppers points through my prescriptions paid by work insurance.
It works on prescription meds?!? Even though the insurance covers basically 100% for me and I only pay the dispensing fee?
Dec 31, 2018
188 posts
157 upvotes
GenericMember wrote: 20x for when you spend more than $50. I might be wrong, but I thought I saw that posted either here or a other site on top of the redemption promo. So you're either earning points or spending your points or a little of both. Racking up the points when you can before the redemption allows you to double dip.
Maybe you know the answer to this... I have a 20x the points for today as well as the massive redemption that everyone else has. Can I purchase the switch for $79.99 if I redeem 200k points and then earn 20x the points on the difference I have to pay for the switch? Basically double dipping on the offers is what im asking. So essentially I would get 20x on the $80 i’m spending to pay for the rest of the switch that I used my 200k points with.
Dec 2, 2004
661 posts
575 upvotes
Not really a good deal since prices have increased since black friday / boxing day... although you would need a time machine to get the lower prices... lol
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2709 posts
1043 upvotes
Toronto
Watchdogz wrote: Maybe you know the answer to this... I have a 20x the points for today as well as the massive redemption that everyone else has. Can I purchase the switch for $79.99 if I redeem 200k points and then earn 20x the points on the difference I have to pay for the switch? Basically double dipping on the offers is what im asking. So essentially I would get 20x on the $80 i’m spending to pay for the rest of the switch that I used my 200k points with.
Absolutely. But it's not really double dipping. Just qualifying for two offers at the same time.
Dec 31, 2018
188 posts
157 upvotes
beachlover wrote: Absolutely. But it's not really double dipping. Just qualifying for two offers at the same time.
Ok thanks! That’s great! By the way, is that 20x the points only good for one time? Or is it good for the duration of the “deal”? Like can I use the 20x more than once in the span of the two days its on for?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1080 posts
761 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote: REPOST

Isn't there already a thread about spend your points promo? I mean, I guess we could start one for every other item that shoppers sells

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/shopper ... 0-2257526/
Appropriate post made by you considering your nick but uh considering I spoke only of gaming I think that this is in it's appropriate place.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1080 posts
761 upvotes
Toronto
frugal69 wrote: Not really a good deal since prices have increased since black friday / boxing day... although you would need a time machine to get the lower prices... lol
For some wanting a deal that is good now and not wait for something else and in the meantime could end up dying and never getting the thing uh this could be a good deal for them. $100 in free SDM points towards the purchase plus they will at least earn regular SDM points on what they actually pay and like I said an emailed 15x to them might work with this. Also even if it does not the Xbox One X came with Fallout 76 most of the time which gamers know is worthless. So don't even factor that in as something good others got during Xmas / Boxing Day whatever. On top of that I think all games included with the system were digital. As for the Nintendo Switch I keep hearing people looking for it at various stores and not being able to find it and so if they still have the points and could not get it during the holiday season and can get this now for $79.99 I'd say that is better than they will do at EB Games, Best Buy and so on.

For 2019 .....

so far this is the best deal one is going to get on these things.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1664 posts
2030 upvotes
Halifax
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote:
For 2019 .....

so far this is the best deal one is going to get on these things.
A 20x event would generate $150 in points on xbox x and 114 on switch. this event generates $100. There have been numerous mid week, weekend, and personal offers that have offered 20x in 2019. Since you have to get your points somehow for redemptions like the one you list, the 20x are a better way to go and is the best deal so far in 2019.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1664 posts
2030 upvotes
Halifax
Watchdogz wrote: Ok thanks! That’s great! By the way, is that 20x the points only good for one time? Or is it good for the duration of the “deal”? Like can I use the 20x more than once in the span of the two days its on for?
read the terms of your coupon. it will likely say one time use only
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20489 posts
4559 upvotes
Poormond Hill
I'm saving for the next generation of consoles.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2902 posts
693 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote: I'm saving for the next generation of consoles.
same
¯\_(・_・)_/¯