Shopping Discussion

Book Depository now using DHL express so large brokerage fees incurred

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2017 2:16 am
Dec 4, 2017
2 posts
2 upvotes

Book Depository now using DHL express so large brokerage fees incurred

I ordered a book from Book Depository as I have many many times before and I came home yesterday to a DHL express Import and Duty Tax Invoice for $16.60. I fired them off an email and got a form letter back about how all duties and tax fees are my responsibility as the importer. Every other order has arrived via (I assume drop shipment to) Canada Post. I don't know if this was their attempt to get around the 1-2 month delays their orders seem to be facing at customs or what. But I checked out their feedback on Amazon and noticed 5 other complaints from yesterday with similar stories. What can I do? How do I get past the useless form letter customer service responses?
2 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
cottonballs wrote: I ordered a book from Book Depository as I have many many times before and I came home yesterday to a DHL express Import and Duty Tax Invoice for $16.60. I fired them off an email and got a form letter back about how all duties and tax fees are my responsibility as the importer. Every other order has arrived via (I assume drop shipment to) Canada Post. I don't know if this was their attempt to get around the 1-2 month delays their orders seem to be facing at customs or what. But I checked out their feedback on Amazon and noticed 5 other complaints from yesterday with similar stories. What can I do? How do I get past the useless form letter customer service responses?
Their letter is correct, it is the importer's responsibility. What kind of response do you want?
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
cottonballs wrote: I ordered a book from Book Depository as I have many many times before and I came home yesterday to a DHL express Import and Duty Tax Invoice for $16.60. I fired them off an email and got a form letter back about how all duties and tax fees are my responsibility as the importer. Every other order has arrived via (I assume drop shipment to) Canada Post. I don't know if this was their attempt to get around the 1-2 month delays their orders seem to be facing at customs or what. But I checked out their feedback on Amazon and noticed 5 other complaints from yesterday with similar stories. What can I do? How do I get past the useless form letter customer service responses?
Maybe ask if canadapost delivery is still an option? Either that or use a different company if possible.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)