Booking 2 different resorts for All Inclusive

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2022 7:39 am
Oct 17, 2004
839 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto

Booking 2 different resorts for All Inclusive

Looking to book a 2 week all inclusive at 2 different resorts for 1 week each. Has anyone done this before? What travel website will do this to include flights.

I know if I book all separate it will likely cost more since we will lose the bundle deal that companies like Sunwing or Air Canada Vacations give.
I'm too poor to buy crap
5 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
It’s easier to get a multi week “bundled deal” at the same resort … say via Air Canada Vacations
Than it is to change resorts … but it is also doable
You’ll need to actually call Air Canada Vacations to make it happen tho than just buying off the internet where it’s usually not clearly listed as an option

Alternatively … I would still do some research on my own tho to see what it would cost to piece meal it together
Sometimes … if you BUY DIRECT … it can actually be cheaper
If you never look … you’ll never know

In which case you’d be looking at buying airfare directly from Air Canada
And then the AI stays direct from the resorts themselves

We’ve often put together our own packages this way when going to the Caribbean
(Often tho it’s cuz we want to find ways to cash in some Loyalty Rewards at the same time on an aspect of our vacation … be that the airfare, resort, or a cruise … via the likes of Aeroplan, Airmiles, Hilton, Marriott etc)

PS … do yourself a HUGE Favour and stay away from Sunwing
They have a long history of various problems … and too often they’ve left folks stranded in totally unacceptable situations
Like this latest one = https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadian- ... -1.5866344
Aug 8, 2005
713 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
Last time I booked a Mexico all inclusive, the price was pretty much the same to book cheapest flight via AC and then book with the resort directly (Riu). It wasn’t much cheaper to book the entire package (ie. $100 per person difference).

I would just book the flight then make 2 hotel reservations all by yourself. All of the major chains have their own sites with online booking, or many are listed on Expedia.

Price out both options, but it should be easier and the same price to do it on your own.

THe only thing you lose out on is hotel to airport transfers, but those are usually pretty cheap. Especially if you book one car for a family of 4, rather than having 4 transfers included in 4 packages.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1913 posts
1221 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I echo the above posters. I would call the hotels you want (or try their websites) and they can usually offer you the best deals.

Then I'd book whatever flights you want.

But, saying that, I'm usually one to do things myself anyway so it obviously influences my answers.

But I don't think it hurts to try to do it yourself and see what prices you get.
Oct 17, 2004
839 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks all.

Called Redtag and I was told to let them know what 2 resorts I liked and they would contact the package providers to get a quote for this type of package. Transportation between resorts would end up not being included.

I was hoping to quote online as I have no idea on which resort I'd land on so wanted to get a bunch of quotes and combinations.

We ended up changing our plans now and think 2 weeks at resorts will get a bit boring. May change to a cruise and maybe theme parks from Florida.
I'm too poor to buy crap
Mar 21, 2006
736 posts
11 upvotes
Windsor
I've just sent my parents to Punta Cana this morning. Purchased RT flights two weeks apart and a week in one hotel at Expedia. Then purchased 2nd week stay at Riu via Riu website direct (even tho cost on Expedia was approx the same) but with direct booking you get free hotel transfer.

It definitely is hard to stay in same resort for 2 weeks.

On the side note, after dropping them off at dtw just got picked for random PCR test when crossing back into Canada Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Amazing purchase: Canon XSI 18-55mm kit + deluxe kit + 16gb card + printer = 70x.xx tax in :cheesygri

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)