Automotive

Booking Costco Oil Change

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 2:00 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2006
665 posts
576 upvotes
Ottawa

Booking Costco Oil Change

Hi everyone. I apologize if his has been asked before, but has anyone booked an oil change using Costco's online booking site costcotireappointments.ca? If so, I was just curious as to what you chose as your service. In the service menu, it only allows you to select tire related services, and then you can add an oil change as an extra 'add on'. Has anyone used this site to book only an oil change ? I was thinking about selecting Nitrogen Conversion, and then adding oil change. Thanks everyone.
13 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 14, 2001
4680 posts
2997 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Looks like they've updated the site recently, it didn't ask me for my car info last time I used it.

I think you'd be fine doing it your way. Just tell them it's Oil Change only when you show up.
😱
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
6926 posts
3518 upvotes
Ottawa
Has anyone used this site? Looking at it, I don't see any assurances that it's actually a Costco website and I don't see anything on costco.ca that says to go there. The registrant is listed as Costco Canada but I'm not sure if that means that much (I think you can put any name you want in there) and it does not match the registrant info for costco.ca
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 3, 2006
5122 posts
2357 upvotes
Winnipeg
michelb wrote: Has anyone used this site? Looking at it, I don't see any assurances that it's actually a Costco website and I don't see anything on costco.ca that says to go there. The registrant is listed as Costco Canada but I'm not sure if that means that much (I think you can put any name you want in there) and it does not match the registrant info for costco.ca
I've used it many times to book tire appointments. Twice this spring.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Sr. Member
Nov 13, 2016
796 posts
427 upvotes
I just did the oil change yesterday. booking online is much better because they have a dedicated lane only for online bookings which is not accessible in store. The guy at counter recommended that you select nitrogen conversion and then add oil change. Worked for me.

When I booked the appointment in store - the first available was May 27th. Came back home and tried online - all slots for the next day were open, got it faster than expected.

CD.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 25, 2010
79 posts
82 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Is there a list of Costco locations that offer oil change services ?
Jr. Member
Oct 4, 2017
191 posts
129 upvotes
Do you know what oil they use? As well as filters (I know this will depend on car)? But was thinking if european cars are ok to bring like BMW/MB etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
4818 posts
3191 upvotes
Ontario
RFDBeliever wrote: Do you know what oil they use? As well as filters (I know this will depend on car)? But was thinking if european cars are ok to bring like BMW/MB etc.
Just got mine done - the used Castrol Edge synthetic which is now $59.99 up to 5 litres and charged at $3.50 per 500ml after that.
Jr. Member
Oct 4, 2017
191 posts
129 upvotes
Martin (deal addict) wrote: Just got mine done - the used Castrol Edge synthetic which is now $59.99 up to 5 litres and charged at $3.50 per 500ml after that.
Wow basically same price as doing it yourself. The oil is $60 for 5L alone and then filter maybe $10. Might as well get it done at Costco. Is the mileage 10K interval that Costco uses?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
4818 posts
3191 upvotes
Ontario
RFDBeliever wrote: Wow basically same price as doing it yourself. The oil is $60 for 5L alone and then filter maybe $10. Might as well get it done at Costco. Is the mileage 10K interval that Costco uses?
Interval likely to be more to do with car manufacturers recommendations and personal preference than the oil.

Yes people may see me working under my car but never changing the oil myself and wonder why I don't do that job.

Filter is relatively tricky on my Camry Hybrid - under vehicle in middle and needs socket type tool if its tight - so not getting under car to see what filter they used.
Jr. Member
Sep 5, 2013
154 posts
70 upvotes
Mississauga
I've never used Costco for either tires or oil changes.
----------------------
This season I'm doing both, new Blizzaks and an oil change at Costco. My car takes 5w20 conventional (2007 Accord), but considering it's $60+tx, for a full synthetic oil change, I'll take it. That's a really good price.

Although, I'm not sure I'd do that regularly, as I do like my usual mechanic to inform me of any problems with the car, i.e. suspension issues, battery etc. -
-----------------------
Would Costco do a battery test while I'm there, or only if you ask?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)