Travel

Booking Disneyworld Vacation (Hotel, Tickets, Dining Plan) through Magical Vacations Travel (MVT)

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2019 6:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5008 posts
356 upvotes

Booking Disneyworld Vacation (Hotel, Tickets, Dining Plan) through Magical Vacations Travel (MVT)

I've been researching booking a vacation to Disneyworld (Florida).

Magical Vacations Travel (MVT) seems to offer some decent rates, with free cancellation up to 5 days prior to arrival.

Are there any downsides to booking with them?

Their park admission ticket prices also seem to be cheaper than buying from Disney direct or buying through Undercover Tourist. Is there any downside with buying my park admission tickets from MVT (compared to Undercover Tourist or Disney directly)?

I may consider the dining plan as well, after I get quotes on this. Is there any downside with purchasing my dining plan through MVT?

Thanks in advance.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2004
4696 posts
820 upvotes
Ottawa
I think the downside is simply the risk that they aren't around when it comes time for your trip (which is probably the same as with any 3rd party vendor). This is probably mitigated in that when you book, they'll actually book through Disney and you'll probably receive confirmation from Disney.

I would confirm the cancellation policy, Disney lets you cancel lodging with 5 days notice but packages need 30 days notice and I wouldn't be surprised if they follow that cancellation polity. As far as tickets, I'd be surprised (even suspicious) if they are significantly cheaper than UT (although it's possible that they sell tickets at a loss because they are making profit on the rest of the package).

I would also certainly explore Canadian pricing directly from Disney as they sometimes have Canadian specials that are advantageous.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2190 posts
1311 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Arrow wrote:
May 1st, 2019 1:43 am
I've been researching booking a vacation to Disneyworld (Florida).

Magical Vacations Travel (MVT) seems to offer some decent rates, with free cancellation up to 5 days prior to arrival.

Are there any downsides to booking with them?

Their park admission ticket prices also seem to be cheaper than buying from Disney direct or buying through Undercover Tourist. Is there any downside with buying my park admission tickets from MVT (compared to Undercover Tourist or Disney directly)?

I may consider the dining plan as well, after I get quotes on this. Is there any downside with purchasing my dining plan through MVT?

Thanks in advance.
Aren’t the prices in USD?

There are some Canadian specials exclusive to the tour operators. You can add on park days / dining and.

Disney extends certain promotions and pricing based on the region. Even on the Disney website just by changing the country you may have access to certain regional discounts / promos. I experienced this personally a few months ago at Euro Disney.

Go on (no particular order): Air Canada Vacations / Westjet Vacations / Sunwing Vacations / Transat Holidays and price out a Disney hotel + whichever add ons you prefer (tickets / meals)
^^ a QUICKER way to compare use Websites like selloffvacations, Red Tag, Itravel2000, Trip Central. They will have (SAME) pricing from all 4 of the airlines mentioned above. You can compare who has the cheapest option for your dates. You can also book with a deposit and still have the same advantages on the Disney app as booking through Disney direct.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5008 posts
356 upvotes
So MVT is apparently sold out of the hotel I’m interested in. Are there other hotel/park ticket wholesalers that I should be exploring (other than those listed above?).

I have my flight booked already. Just need hotel +/- park tickets.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2190 posts
1311 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Arrow wrote:
May 1st, 2019 5:55 pm
So MVT is apparently sold out of the hotel I’m interested in. Are there other hotel/park ticket wholesalers that I should be exploring (other than those listed above?).

I have my flight booked already. Just need hotel +/- park tickets.
Call one of the websites I mentioned.

If they are sold out likely the hotel itself is sold out?