• Jan 19th, 2022 9:20 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 26, 2013
416 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto

Booster shot effects?

Has anyone gotten the booster shot pfizer or moderna? What side effects did you experience and for how long? Thank you.
51 replies
Sep 27, 2012
226 posts
75 upvotes
GVR
Just got my booster yesterday afternoon - I got Moderna (first two were Pfizer). So far all I've experienced is a sore arm and a little bit of fatigue, that's all.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7571 posts
2044 upvotes
Toronto
I got booster shot Monday afternoon. Pfizer. Injection area is sore, mild headache and feel sleepy.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4362 posts
1460 upvotes
All 3 of mine were Moderna. Soreness on arm, general mild fatigue/malaise. Started ~12hrs after shot, lasted for about 24 hrs. By morning of day 2 back to normal, except for arm soreness, that lasted another day or two.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
1332 posts
1317 upvotes
Toronto
Wife and I both had our booster Tuesday afternoon - all of our shots have been Pfizer.

Sore arm still but getting better, a bit of fatigue however that only lasted a day at most. Overall wasn't bad at all.
Youth is the gift of nature, age is a work of art.
May 2, 2014
433 posts
148 upvotes
i have heard from colleagues that the effects have included sore shoulder for a day or two, fatigue, mild sickness for a day or two. this includes pfizer and moderna
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20031 posts
17904 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
I got my Booster last Friday (Pfizer).
Just a sore swollen injection sight for about 12 hours.

To date, my SO & I have had both Pfizer & Moderna
Last two have been no issues for either of us

First shot … one of us definitely felt off
Headache, feeling blah, body aches, the chills etc (no fever)
Felt pretty ick
Spent most of the first 24 hours in bed

When we asked our GP about it
They said it was our body mounting a strong defence

That was reassuring … as Covid itself can be beyond nasty if you get it
With a whole myriad of these symptoms … just oodles stronger
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1342 posts
812 upvotes
Booster Effects (Moderna):
(1) mildly sore arm for 1+ day. Tip: move your arm a lot to reduce soreness - I was waving my arm immediately after getting vaccine. Multiple sources suggest this. here's one: https://www.verywellhealth.com/sore-arm ... ne-5176274
(2) slight fatigue for 1-2 days (nothing too dramatic for me, but didn't feel like doing as much in the evening as I normally would do) -- I did have a busy day on day 2, and didn't feel any ill effects; spouse also had mild fever day after.
(3) I'm protected as much as I can be!
May 31, 2008
314 posts
529 upvotes
My first two were Moderna and booster was Pfizer. Was fine the same day and a slight sore arm the next day.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7531 posts
3653 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
multimut wrote: Booster Effects (Moderna):
(1) mildly sore arm for 1+ day. Tip: move your arm a lot to reduce soreness - I was waving my arm immediately after getting vaccine. Multiple sources suggest this. here's one: https://www.verywellhealth.com/sore-arm ... ne-5176274
(2) slight fatigue for 1-2 days (nothing too dramatic for me, but didn't feel like doing as much in the evening as I normally would do) -- I did have a busy day on day 2, and didn't feel any ill effects; spouse also had mild fever day after.
(3) I'm protected as much as I can be!
Got this week as 18+ opened up and did the move your arm by mistake... cart was rolling into traffic and I instinctly went to grab it with arm where got vaccine. Expected sharp pain but it actually made arm feel better!!
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Jan 12, 2008
234 posts
86 upvotes
toronto
first 2 pfizer. Booster moderna, kicked my butt. Super tired the first night, but around the 24hr-36 hr mark, I had a fever up to 39C. But after a long sleep I woke up like nothing happened. Similar effect as my booster.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20031 posts
17904 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
headygouda wrote: first 2 pfizer. Booster moderna, kicked my butt. Super tired the first night, but around the 24hr-36 hr mark, I had a fever up to 39C. But after a long sleep I woke up like nothing happened. Similar effect as my booster.
So if I read this right …

You had Pfizer- Pfizer - Moderna
But you had 2 shots kick your butt “similar effect as my booster”
The Moderna … plus one of the first Pfizer’s ?

Or are you trying to say something else ?

Our house
Only issue was the first shot
Which in our case was a Pfizer

It is interesting how different folks react / build immunity
We even partook in a medical study …
That asked us to do a short survey after each shot
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
28446 posts
4460 upvotes
Montreal
Pfizer 2 weeks ago. Headache and fatigue, and killer arm pain that lasted 12 hours. Could been circumstance also and not vaccine

My mom had zero effects.
Jan 12, 2008
234 posts
86 upvotes
toronto
PointsHubby wrote: So if I read this right …

You had Pfizer- Pfizer - Moderna
But you had 2 shots kick your butt “similar effect as my booster”
The Moderna … plus one of the first Pfizer’s ?

Or are you trying to say something else ?

Our house
Only issue was the first shot
Which in our case was a Pfizer

It is interesting how different folks react / build immunity
We even partook in a medical study …
That asked us to do a short survey after each shot
Yes, the Pfizer 2nd shot (3wks post first shot) and moderna booster (11mths later) both gave me fever, chills/sweats. The Pfizer 2nd shot also gave me a terrible headache for 4 days while the moderna did not, I was fine within 48 hrs. The first Pfizer shot was only a sore arm.

There's definitely a wide range of sensitivities in the population but I don't think the side effects are any indication of its effectiveness or lack thereof.
Dec 8, 2008
163 posts
48 upvotes
headygouda wrote: Yes, the Pfizer 2nd shot (3wks post first shot) and moderna booster (11mths later) both gave me fever, chills/sweats. The Pfizer 2nd shot also gave me a terrible headache for 4 days while the moderna did not, I was fine within 48 hrs. The first Pfizer shot was only a sore arm.

There's definitely a wide range of sensitivities in the population but I don't think the side effects are any indication of its effectiveness or lack thereof.
I heard that if you do not get a reaction after the shot (fever, chills etc...) then maybe your immune system did not get the full benefits from the shot....The jury is probably still out on that one...
Jul 24, 2019
943 posts
1496 upvotes
Canada
OP, here's what Health Canada says about what is
an expected reaction after the COVID vaccine
redness
soreness
swelling
chills
fatigue
joint pain
headache
mild fever
muscle aches
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... ts.html#a2

a serious reaction when you should call 911
itchy rash
swelling of the:
lips
face
airway
tongue

increased heart rate

loss of consciousness

sudden low blood pressure

abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea

sneezing, coughing and difficulty breathing
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22581 posts
3865 upvotes
Toronto
wifey & I got Pfizer for all 3 shots...........first 2 shots only had a sore arm and mild tiredness for 2 days.

But this booster shot did us in - below is what we experienced (got the booster shot on Monday):

Me
- sore arm where injection was done - lasted 2 days
- the next 24 to 48hrs: really tired like I ran a marathon, achy joints and a stuffy head cold. Felt like I got hit by a Mack truck - luckily I was working from home and took it easy. Hard to concentrate with what I was experiencing. Good thing it was quiet due to holidays.
- by the 3rd day, I felt a million times better

Wifey
- same symptoms as above
- she also experienced a swollen lymph node in her armpit on the same arm where the injection was done. This lasted a week! Still mildly swollen but wayyy better now

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4841 posts
1348 upvotes
Toronto
Got the Moderna booster 27hrs ago.

Sore left arm, body aches, cold chills, and nausea. I'm still not feeling 100% myself but lesser effects.
Banned
Aug 28, 2021
93 posts
40 upvotes
Anyone have or heard of jaw pains and headechs? Dentist checked and no problem with teeth.
Dec 8, 2008
163 posts
48 upvotes
Jeet1970 wrote: Anyone have or heard of jaw pains and headechs? Dentist checked and no problem with teeth.
I had jaw pain after my second shot. I thought it was completely unrelated.