• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2019 4:49 pm
Tags:
10 replies
Nov 14, 2016
157 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
location is good but not sure if the price over $800/sf is a good deal or not.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1543 posts
817 upvotes
GTA
Not the best location. It is close to a good location, but the actual intersection is limited in terms of shopping, rapid transit and highways. Personal opinion as I've been shopping the new builds for clients for quite a while. Price is decent.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
May 3, 2018
1 posts
There will be Eglinton Crosstown LRT station in 2021 at Birchmount and Eglinton, also the Golden Mile area has a redevelopment plan. Thoughts?
Last edited by Gimm2277 on Nov 2nd, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2875 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
Got the price list on this earlier this week. Unless you're in the market for a studio (which i'm not) it's a pass.
Nov 14, 2016
157 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
Super_Chicken wrote: Got the price list on this earlier this week. Unless you're in the market for a studio (which i'm not) it's a pass.
1 bedroom for around 360k is a good price too. All the old buildings around town center are going over that price already with a bit higher maintenance. The big assumption here is that in the next 5 years by the time this condo will be built(target summer 2023), the prices would have appreciated much higher just like what people saw with the ME living condos at Markham and Ellesmere.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4619 posts
2264 upvotes
Toronto
Location is okay for first time owners. If you can't afford 1bedroom condo downtown for 600k, I think this is suffice.
Full-time Realtor
Nov 16, 2010
1 posts
toronto
I bought into this project for the following:
- If you bought into the project across the street at 2150 five yrs ago, the price would have doubled. Not looking for another double in 5yrs, but within 10 is feasible.
- Area is still up and coming so greater upside potential than downside risk
- Reasonable distance to Lawrence East LRT and new LRT on Eglinton
- Retail along Lawrence will continue to improve and amenities will also improve esp in light of new LRT and condos.
- It really is the cheapest new condo close to subway or LRT
- Rental market seems reasonable. Studio listed for rent at 1700/mth across the street.
- one of the few precons that seems to almost carry itself
-In time, Scarb will be considered centralized. Decent access to downtown and universities.
-With free parking and locker, this is basically Hamilton or Durham Region condo pricing. Compare with LJM in Hamilton and new project in Pickering. This is 905 pricing in the 416.

Cons
- Units too small
- Not a big name builder
- Risk of project cancellation
- Related to above, lands are contaminated here and need to know remediation cost and feasibility
- Risk the area does not get gentrified
-As it stands, it's a low income area. I don't believe it'a high crime, however (?)
- Schools probably aren't spectacular
- This is better for a 5-10yr hold and not quick flip or permanent hold. New condos aren't built to last.