Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Bosch DDB181-02 18-Volt 1/2-in Variable Speed Cordless Compact Drill/Driver $89.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2016 7:29 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 13, 2008
35 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto

[Lowe's] Bosch DDB181-02 18-Volt 1/2-in Variable Speed Cordless Compact Drill/Driver $89.00

Great deal on Power drill for father's day if anyone is interested
Images
11 replies
Sep 23, 2010
59 posts
29 upvotes
Thanks!!! Ordered one as my old Jobmate Ni-Cd battery started to show age. Use coupon code LCA1050 for $10 rebate.
Dec 20, 2013
22 posts
3 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
mishky wrote: Thanks!!! Ordered one as my old Jobmate Ni-Cd battery started to show age. Use coupon code LCA1050 for $10 rebate.
How to get $10 off?
Sep 23, 2010
59 posts
29 upvotes
Enter coupon code at checkout (right side)
Jan 21, 2010
424 posts
429 upvotes
Brantford
Warranty says one year but if you sign up for Provantage you can extend the warranty to 3 years. I just found this out when my cordless hammer drill that I bought two years ago failed after trying to drill 25 1/2" holes in concrete.
Dec 15, 2006
128 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Have this same drill. Have had it for a few years. No complaints. Ive been trying to find the accompanying impact drill for a price like this but no luck yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1506 posts
432 upvotes
PEI
jfd3220 wrote: Warranty says one year but if you sign up for Provantage you can extend the warranty to 3 years. I just found this out when my cordless hammer drill that I bought two years ago failed after trying to drill 25 1/2" holes in concrete.
I've noticed my cordless bosch 18v hammer drill not that great at drilling anymore as well. It will work, but put a lot of pressure on it (push to make it drill) and it makes a "ehhhhhhhh" almost grinding noise and won't drill (spin) anymore until pressure is taken off. Or like the clutch is weak (example: screw in long screws or drill a hole with holesaw). Don't think I'll be buying that hammer drill again since it cost $290 (came with impact driver and 2x3.0 batteries, so hammer drill prob worth $125 of that). I never really got to use the hammer drill function much either, though I guess we did drill 20 holes last fall into concrete (then used impact driver to put screws in). Probably get corded hammer drill, though I'm collecting a complete Bosch 18v lineup.
Jan 21, 2010
424 posts
429 upvotes
Brantford
andrewabc wrote: I've noticed my cordless bosch 18v hammer drill not that great at drilling anymore as well. It will work, but put a lot of pressure on it (push to make it drill) and it makes a "ehhhhhhhh" almost grinding noise and won't drill (spin) anymore until pressure is taken off. Or like the clutch is weak (example: screw in long screws or drill a hole with holesaw). Don't think I'll be buying that hammer drill again since it cost $290 (came with impact driver and 2x3.0 batteries, so hammer drill prob worth $125 of that). I never really got to use the hammer drill function much either, though I guess we did drill 20 holes last fall into concrete (then used impact driver to put screws in). Probably get corded hammer drill, though I'm collecting a complete Bosch 18v lineup.
Yeah when I took it to the repair centre they said that if the clutch goes it's cheaper to just replace the drill. Did you check the 1-2 speed position switch? If it's between the two positions the clutch will not engage. The compact cordless ones, including the brushless, are entry level, so I guess we can't expect too much from them.

I ended up finishing the job with a friend's corded hammer drill. The cordless one can handle drilling holes for tapcons and that's about it.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1506 posts
432 upvotes
PEI
jfd3220 wrote: Yeah when I took it to the repair centre they said that if the clutch goes it's cheaper to just replace the drill. Did you check the 1-2 speed position switch? If it's between the two positions the clutch will not engage. The compact cordless ones, including the brushless, are entry level, so I guess we can't expect too much from them.

I ended up finishing the job with a friend's corded hammer drill. The cordless one can handle drilling holes for tapcons and that's about it.
Thanks for info.
"If it's between the two positions the clutch will not engage." Are you saying that is a way to 'cheat' or bypass the broken clutch and still get it to work? :D
Nov 7, 2005
89 posts
17 upvotes
London
Thanks for pointing that out. I thought my clutch died, but yes, you were right. It was just the speed switch.

;)
jfd3220 wrote: Yeah when I took it to the repair centre they said that if the clutch goes it's cheaper to just replace the drill. Did you check the 1-2 speed position switch? If it's between the two positions the clutch will not engage. The compact cordless ones, including the brushless, are entry level, so I guess we can't expect too much from them.

[OP]
Dec 13, 2008
35 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
If you guys want to save some more money, you can buy the gifts cards for canadian tire at Rexall. 50 dollars for 45. And then have canadian tire match and beat it by 10% in canadian tire dollars.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2007
1390 posts
677 upvotes
Canada
I received the error: This savings code has already been used when I attempted to use the code LCA1050.