Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2013
1274 posts
407 upvotes

Bosch Ice Maker Not Getting Water

My Bosch refrigerator ice maker is not making ice. It's the Bosch 2 door up top model with the the freezer drawer in the bottom. Unit is just 3 ½ years old. Seems that the unit is not drawing water. When we want water only from the door we can get water so I doubt that the water flow is interrupted. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just replace the ice making unit?
3 replies
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4751 posts
5871 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cbr663 wrote: My Bosch refrigerator ice maker is not making ice. It's the Bosch 2 door up top model with the the freezer drawer in the bottom. Unit is just 3 ½ years old. Seems that the unit is not drawing water. When we want water only from the door we can get water so I doubt that the water flow is interrupted. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just replace the ice making unit?
Did you try opening the ice maker, there is a switch inside to turn it on.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4935 posts
767 upvotes
Calgary
You have to troubleshoot.

The water comes through a solenoid valve (separate from the drinking water but off the same line)

There is a timer or a photocell to make sure the water only comes in for a short period.

There is a thermostat to ensure the tray is cold enough to freeze

There is another thermostat to ensure the ice is solid

There is a cam on a timer to eject the ice when made

If you are sure that water isnt getting in - then start with the solenoid valve or the contacts that activate the solenoid valve.

Google is your friend but it could be quite complex. You need to be handy - if only to remove the icemaker or get access to the water lines.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1029 posts
186 upvotes
Another thing to try is to leave the freezer door open for a few hours to see if the water line to the ice maker is frozen. It should thaw and start to make ice again. Had it happen on my lg fridge.