[Bose Canada] Bose 700 NC Headphones refurbished $349++

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2020 4:11 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1952 posts
172 upvotes
Bolton
Upgraded from QC35 II to 700's, find 700's uncomfortable to wear. Sound wise, not much difference.Noise Cancel a lot better on 700's.
Dec 2, 2003
482 posts
16 upvotes
Not sure I would use this during the pandemic and not sure drenching this with alcohol is a good idea either, pass but thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7237 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
buluan wrote: Why Bose has so many refurbished headphones?
Probably a lot of returns/buyer remorse on $400-500 headphones in general. This headphone was supposed to be a Sony killer but reviews were not convincing, plus the firmware issues.
Nov 20, 2010
337 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
frogger wrote: Probably a lot of returns/buyer remorse on $400-500 headphones in general. This headphone was supposed to be a Sony killer but reviews were not convincing, plus the firmware issues.
If you're talking about the firmware issues with noise cancellation. Bose did a thorough investigation and turns out it was for the most part in peoples heads
https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On ... anoverview
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1784 posts
656 upvotes
Montreal, QC
muppetslayer wrote: is the 700 significantly better than qc35? You can get QC35 on sale for 210 once in a while.
only the noise cancellation is better. sound wise, there isn't any change. wouldn't say it is significantly better
Sep 3, 2008
192 posts
12 upvotes
I thought the call quality (mic quality) was much better on the 700.
Only thing stopping me is the new sony should be out later this year. Though I think Bose has better customer service so there is more support if something goes wrong.
Nov 25, 2017
69 posts
78 upvotes
Don't forget you can get sony wh1000xm3(BRAND NEW) for the same price when it is sale.
Feb 28, 2011
447 posts
266 upvotes
YYZ
Get this one if you need a good mic. Sony XM3s and QC35 IIs do not have usable mics. If you use it for calls AT ALL, get the 700s. I got this new when it first launched for 330 USD with 20% off at Rakuten in the US so I've had it for many months. I had the Sony XM2 before this and the XM2s sound nicer, but the 700s are much more comfortable (I wear mine for up to 8 hours a day) and the noise cancelling is significantly better.

Being able to connect to 2 bluetooth devices is nice.

Note that any bluetooth headset while playing audio and recording audio will have **** sound quality because of the bluetooth protocol. No bluetooth device is currently able to record high fidelity audio and play high fidelity audio, so your sound quality will be significantly reduced (to my irritation).

Wired headsets will always win if you need to use the mic. However, if your phone does not have a headphone jack, these will be a significantly more convenient pair of headphones to use than the XM2s or QC35 IIs.
✈️AMEX Business Platinum|Cobalt|Blue Business Plus|US Bank Altitude Reserve|Chase Ink Preferred|Citi Premier🌍
💳TD NA Cash|Rogers WE|CTFS WE+Cash Advantage💰
🏦Charles Schwab|Fidelity|Alliant|Ally💸
📱Zoomer $36 4GB x2|Carrytel $40 75/10|TenTenTel $35 75/10🌐
Jul 20, 2009
781 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
I just bought the QC35. hmm big price difference from the 210 and I'm not sure it's worth it as I'll mostly be using them on a train and only taking a random call here and there but at the same time I hate buying outdated electronics lol ugh what to do
Jul 20, 2009
781 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone confirm if these come with a carrying case?
Oct 12, 2012
944 posts
1332 upvotes
muppetslayer wrote: is the 700 significantly better than qc35? You can get QC35 on sale for 210 once in a while.
I upgraded from the QC35 II to the 700 NC last August.

IMO the sound is way better on the 700, especially when ANC is off (although, you're almost never listening to music without ANC on - I just noticed that it sounds terrible on the QC35 II when it is off). The ANC is marginally better as well on the 700 despite it already being very good on the QC35 II.

Lots of people complain that the 700 are less comfortable, and while I may agree they are at the start, once they stretch a bit after a week and adjust to the shape of your head, there are 0 comfort issues. The ear pads are slightly less comfortable but I still get those moments I had on the QC35 where I forget that I'm wearing headphones. Zero complaints for me in terms of comfort, no noticeable differences between comfort for QC35 and 700. I have had mine for 8 months now and have no comfort issues, and I have a big head.

I also really like the transparency mode, it sounds fairly natural.

I thought that I wouldn't like the touch controls for skipping tracks or volume adjustment as I hated them on the WH1000XM3 (returned them) but they're fairly natural and highly responsive so I've grown to like them.

At this price, I would really recommend them.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6468 posts
2411 upvotes
Montreal
Although I won’t buy them, I am happy they are now available refurbished at a ok price.

I will want to replace my qc25 someday and it will probably be with the 700 model.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1112 posts
602 upvotes
I had sony wh 1000 xm3s, how are these compared to them? I had to return mine because the hinge broke on arrival. I tried them out before having to send them back, and really like using BT headphones on PC. The weight and sound and range were amazing but found wearing for longer than 2 hours got pretty warm and having a larger head size didnt help. Looking for a better solution for BT headphones... Was looking at these and PAnda THX from drop. Any recommendations? Since they'll be my daily drivers budget is pretty flexible.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
1978 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ancnfamily wrote: Upgraded from QC35 II to 700's, find 700's uncomfortable to wear. Sound wise, not much difference.Noise Cancel a lot better on 700's.
I've heard the same thing from several people who upgraded to 700's. Not going to make the jump as comfort is the #1 factor for me. The 700 mic's are supposed to be incredible though.

I think I'll wait for the new Sony XM4's I think they're coming end of the year. Hopefully they're more comfortable than the QC35's and it'll be an instant buy from me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)