Expired Hot Deals

[Bose Canada] Bose on-ear wireless headphones – Refurbished $209.99-$160=$49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 9:39 am
Jul 1, 2019
56 posts
32 upvotes
corea8336 wrote: Update. I spent about 2 hours and spoke to one customer rep and two supervisors. Finally they agreed on honouring my order and transaction is completed. I didn't really need these headphones but I was pissed off at their customer services as they kept changing their stories and they tried to say nothing is wrong with them. But eventually they agreed with. I was able to work while being on hold so it wasn't complete waste of my time but the whole process should be much smoother.

If you want your headphones, you need to speak with multiple supervisors.

Thanks
And what were your arguments? I dont think they care much to be honest.. at least the Bay did the right thing at the end..
Feb 17, 2014
152 posts
304 upvotes
Calgary
Are they cancelling the headphone orders but still sending people just a clip? If so, better to get ahead of it and cancel whole order so don't have to deal with the hassle of returning a clip.
Jan 26, 2009
344 posts
149 upvotes
Niagara Region
Looks like my PayPal payment was canceled. Oh well, maybe they will give us all a $5 credit to repurchase them at $119 🤣
May 7, 2017
17 posts
6 upvotes
Got a notification through my CC that I received a credit for the order amount.
No email from Bose. Logged in to the account and saw that order is cancelled. Oh well...
Aug 30, 2018
205 posts
152 upvotes
Also created an account with same email, then saw cancellation.
Still no email update though.

Ordered Tuesday just before midnight.

Also saw the same headphones advertised at a higher price and in stock a day after I ordered. Odd :rolleyes:
Aug 23, 2011
24 posts
6 upvotes
North vancouver
had my order cancelled this AM> i ordered @ 9pm on Oct 27.

I suppose not necessarily worth fighting but can definitely see them not fulfilling the mad rush.

I would have hoped that they would have offered something to those who did place orders and did not get them fulfilled. Like a $20 discount on some of the other specials to keep their reputation intact but i guess the company did not think that was needed here.
Aug 30, 2018
205 posts
152 upvotes
So what's the move? Mass facebook post (as a comment to their latest post) or a twitter post?
There is power in numbers.
Oct 12, 2009
379 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Returning that clip on their dime. At least send an email to tell you cancelled the rest of the order or ask me before sending me the filler item only - absurd that you need to create an account unprompted to find out about your cancelled order.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1991 posts
702 upvotes
Montréal, QC
As a customer that owns of their QC15, QC25 and QC35II headphones, QC20 and SoundSport earphones, Solo 5 Soundbar, SoundTouch 10 wireless speaker and Bose sound system in my car, I am a little bit disappointed.
Oct 18, 2020
9 posts
21 upvotes
Dang, I thought people were getting their headphones. I wonder how many people got them, whether it has anything to do with when the orders were placed, and how many units they ordered. I guess I might have been a handful of people that got it.

Keep fighting the good fight lads, it's about the principle!
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2631 posts
2071 upvotes
Main & Hastings
Would you guys be less angry if Bose was up front in the first place. Instead of giving you different stories?
Jul 7, 2006
308 posts
190 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Would you guys be less angry if Bose was up front in the first place. Instead of giving you different stories?
I think there are more things here to consider, and it isn't just "anger" at the lies.
1. The deal was valid, and was valid for 24 hours. So, it isn't something that can be chalked up to a "pricing error." The fact that their systems allowed the pricing and allowed it for the full day says that it was not an error price. Also, I say "systems" because it wasn't just their online store that allowed the purchases to occur. Behind every online store is an order management system (OMS) and a warehouse management system (WMS) (there are other subsystems but I'll ignore that for now - I'm in IT and have experience with some of Canada's largest retailers). If there were no checks and balances in either the OMS or WMS to stop the purchases - either at the price or the quantity - then it was not a "pricing error."

2. Even after the first day at the reduced price, Bose continued to sell the product the following day and beyond at a new price. There was obviously no stock issue because they did have more product to sell at a higher price. So, stock was never an issue.

3. Some orders were shipped and no cancellation emails were issued. And when people did inquire about their purchases that had not shipped, they were told that they were awaiting stock: which was coming from the US in November. I will also note that there is a question of how they determined who to ship product to and for what price: if people received their orders at the higher price, that would indicate foreknowledge on Bose's part to try and "game" the system to their benefit.

4. People that have been calling in to find out the status of their order have been told that the order was cancelled at the advertised price, BUT they could buy the same product at the higher new advertised price: that's called Bait and Switch and is illegal.

5. It is obvious that it was not a pricing error but a special promotion that BOSE were overwhelmed with by its popularity. It doesn't matter if people purchased 2 or 100 items (I only purchased one), their IT systems allowed the order to go through. That is a legally binding purchase.

6. Because there has been no contact from BOSE - remembering that orders were placed on October 27 and people only found out about cancellations when they checked their order the morning of November 2 - there is valid scrutiny on the business practices of Bose: if it was an error, they should have "fixed" their mistake on October 27, or the latest October 28, and notified customers.

From the standpoint of anger about the lies, it goes beyond the lies and is moreso anger about a dishonest business. Every person is within their right to seek proper closure on the sale, but it goes beyond that at this point. The way Bose has behaved says more about their business practices and legitimacy as a trustworthy company, and that should be acknowledged and shared with others.

As one last point, and more troubling, I made a statement earlier that people may have taken as a joke but it wasn't meant as one: that this whole situation could be looked on as a way for Bose to mine user data from the purchases, and that it was one of the main reasons for this fiasco. Every purchase provided personal and financial details. Some, including me, had to register an account and provide more details in registration to actually determine the status of your order because Bose did not provide one for at least a week.

Some people are angry, yes, but there is a bigger situation here that should be looked at. It's each person's choice on how they want to proceed, and to each their own. In the very least, though, customers in general should be aware of the situation because of any future dealings with the company.
Aug 22, 2019
134 posts
83 upvotes
Oh man, I really hope it's my computer/internet acting up, but when I try to login to Bose now to check the order status it is forever loading. hahahaha

I hit them up on twitter yesterday and was quickly ghosted.

Tell me this is only me. They can't be handling it this way.
Sep 29, 2015
4 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Spoke to a supervisor who re-iterated that it was a pricing error, and that it had been escalated because of so many calls about this today. Told her I was disappointed and wanted the product I ordered for the price I paid...she put me on hold to see about a 'one time exception' to override the order cancellation, and it was granted. She said they can't do this for all their customers...so who knows. Had to re-do the order over the phone with a reference number she provided, but it was the same product for the same price. Good luck to the rest!
Nov 11, 2013
823 posts
841 upvotes
Calgary
Just got off the phone, they absolutely would not honor the deal.
Nov 26, 2019
31 posts
11 upvotes
I just got off the phone with a sales representative, and was told that my order is still in the queue and has been processed. They are waiting to ship it out on Nov 16, at which time I'll be provided with a tracking number. Well, fingers crossed.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2631 posts
2071 upvotes
Main & Hastings
Rfd123456 wrote: I just got off the phone with a sales representative, and was told that my order is still in the queue and has been processed. They are waiting to ship it out on Nov 16, at which time I'll be provided with a tracking number. Well, fingers crossed.
They are so stringing you. Come the 11th. Sale canceled.
Nov 11, 2013
823 posts
841 upvotes
Calgary
Rfd123456 wrote: I just got off the phone with a sales representative, and was told that my order is still in the queue and has been processed. They are waiting to ship it out on Nov 16, at which time I'll be provided with a tracking number. Well, fingers crossed.
This is really weird, I got a totally different response.
Price error, cancelled, sorry.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1961 posts
480 upvotes
Vaughan
djskribbles wrote: Spoke to a supervisor who re-iterated that it was a pricing error, and that it had been escalated because of so many calls about this today. Told her I was disappointed and wanted the product I ordered for the price I paid...she put me on hold to see about a 'one time exception' to override the order cancellation, and it was granted. She said they can't do this for all their customers...so who knows. Had to re-do the order over the phone with a reference number she provided, but it was the same product for the same price. Good luck to the rest!
Tried this. They wouldn't budge and kept saying all orders were canceled and no one received their order at this price, which is obviously BS since others posted pics of the headphones. Told them that Bose's business practice is shady and I won't be buying from Bose again. Buh bye!
Oct 16, 2016
80 posts
24 upvotes
Brampton
Order canceled. :| soo pissed. !
Regards,
Sheray