Expired Hot Deals

[Bose Canada] Bose on-ear wireless headphones – Refurbished $209.99-$160=$49.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 9:39 am
Newbie
May 18, 2015
45 posts
20 upvotes
Lorraine, QC
I also call, but not possible to put my order if she was canceled! What to do! Bose reserves the right to cancel the order! Collective action? Ban Bose of this forum?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 24, 2006
2611 posts
1283 upvotes
Barrie
I just got off the phone with them and said my order is still good and that the inventory has been confirmed for it and my confirmed ship day is November 16th...

EVEN THOUGH the order says cancelled on the website...who knows!
Member
Jul 7, 2006
307 posts
189 upvotes
My update.

Called in this morning and was told that the order was cancelled because of the price. The explanation was that the Order Management Team had cancelled all orders because the price listed was in error. I explained that the service rep I spoke with yesterday morning had assured me that my order was still still in their system and that it was good, I also asked how could the price be in error if the product was still available at the price until the end of the day on October 27. I asked to speak to the supervisor and the supervisor said they would try for the one-time exception and after a while I was told "yes we can do it, but can't be done for everyone." She redirected me to to phone sales team and I had to make a new purchase and was told it would be 2-3 weeks for delivery.

I was polite throughout, which helps, and I only had the one pair of headphones ordered which also might have helped.

As a side comment, before the supervisor agreed to try the exception, I was given the same run-around about purchasing the same product online at the new price. I explicitly said : "what you are suggesting is called Bait and Switch, and I don't know how I feel about dealing with a company that is openly advertising that is the type of business they are in."

Anyway, I'll take the headphones at the price that they were supposed to be at, but I won't be purchasing any Bose products in the future.
Member
Jul 7, 2006
307 posts
189 upvotes
For those saying they were told their order was still good and that you would receive it on Nov. 16, you need to confirm that the order status for the headphones does not say "cancelled." If it says cancelled, it doesn't matter what they told you, it means you will not receive the item.

My understanding is that all unsent orders were cancelled and only new orders (those that follow the "one time exception" they are making) will be honoured. As an example, my old order is completed and I have a new order for the headphones with a status of "In Process."
Newbie
Oct 9, 2010
16 posts
16 upvotes
At least you guys are lucky they answer your calls. I called just a few minutes ago and after the first ring it got disconnected. So pissed. What I think is so many people calling in cs stress out and couldn't keep up. Will try again later.
Newbie
Nov 26, 2019
31 posts
11 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: They are so stringing you. Come the 11th. Sale canceled.
I confirmed with him if my order was canceled and he said no it wasn't.

However, slight twist, the guy on whatsapp said order shows canceled on his side due to website crash!! Can you guys believe the number of different excuses bose is giving to cover their a$$ up.
Newbie
Nov 26, 2019
31 posts
11 upvotes
If it helps this is the number given to me by the Whatsapp team. 1-800-869-2114. Good luck.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1959 posts
479 upvotes
Vaughan
DumDum wrote: My update.

Called in this morning and was told that the order was cancelled because of the price. The explanation was that the Order Management Team had cancelled all orders because the price listed was in error. I explained that the service rep I spoke with yesterday morning had assured me that my order was still still in their system and that it was good, I also asked how could the price be in error if the product was still available at the price until the end of the day on October 27. I asked to speak to the supervisor and the supervisor said they would try for the one-time exception and after a while I was told "yes we can do it, but can't be done for everyone." She redirected me to to phone sales team and I had to make a new purchase and was told it would be 2-3 weeks for delivery.

I was polite throughout, which helps, and I only had the one pair of headphones ordered which also might have helped.

As a side comment, before the supervisor agreed to try the exception, I was given the same run-around about purchasing the same product online at the new price. I explicitly said : "what you are suggesting is called Bait and Switch, and I don't know how I feel about dealing with a company that is openly advertising that is the type of business they are in."

Anyway, I'll take the headphones at the price that they were supposed to be at, but I won't be purchasing any Bose products in the future.
I didn't get the 'offer' to buy at the new price. This could be why they allowed yours to go through, since allowing you to buy at the new price is technically illegal.

Silly that they allow some people to have them at the incorrect pricing but not others. I was nice as well and only ordered one pair.
Member
Jul 7, 2006
307 posts
189 upvotes
d_source wrote: I didn't get the 'offer' to buy at the new price. This could be why they allowed yours to go through, since allowing you to buy at the new price is technically illegal.

Silly that they allow some people to have them at the incorrect pricing but not others. I was nice as well and only ordered one pair.
I was polite but firm, and I called them out each time they said something that didn't make sense: I mentioned calling them out on Bait and Switch, but I also called them out on other things that smelled "illegal." What may have also helped me was the phone call I made yesterday where the other rep told me that my order was still valid and in their system regardless of what the web system was saying.
Last edited by DumDum on Nov 3rd, 2020 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2013
1900 posts
1927 upvotes
Montreal
Order has been canceled by Bose ,
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Member
Jul 19, 2013
213 posts
95 upvotes
Update: Yesterday, I called second time, just to push them a bit hard, with a demand to talk to a supervisor to register my dissatisfaction over the explanations provided by the agent on my previous call. Lo and behold! The agent, after putting me through a couple of minutes hold, informed me that my order is processed. I told her that I am recording the conversation, in case you do not comply with the sale agreement. Folks! As DumDum eloquently highlighted its more than merely unfounded excuses, viz., "out of stock or price error", aimed to misled us as consumers!
Member
Jul 7, 2006
307 posts
189 upvotes
ravi121 wrote: Update: Yesterday, I called second time, just to push them a bit hard, with a demand to talk to a supervisor to register my dissatisfaction over the explanations provided by the agent on my previous call. Lo and behold! The agent, after putting me through a couple of minutes hold, informed me that my order is processed. I told her that I am recording the conversation, in case you do not comply with the sale agreement. Folks! As DumDum eloquently highlighted its more than merely unfounded excuses, viz., "out of stock or price error", aimed to misled us as consumers!
I also used "recording the conversation" and went so far as to directly ask them to repeat their names so I had them on tape.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2013
1900 posts
1927 upvotes
Montreal
according to customer support, there was an issue with the order and ALL orders have been canceled . thank you bose !
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Sr. Member
Jun 13, 2019
628 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
For me, its different status everytime

Ordered, On the way from US, Cancelled, On the way from US...
Member
Jul 7, 2006
307 posts
189 upvotes
Shadow888 wrote: I was on the phone with them for 1hr, and even after escalating to 2 supervisors, they wouldn't do it.
I think people need to remember that Bose know about this thread and are monitoring it.

The "one time exception" is probably no longer going to happen because it has been reported here; I personally tried to hold off on posting my update too soon (I waited over half an hour before posting), but I did want to give an update if it could help others.

The other thing to remember is who we are dealing with: just because they said you will receive it in mid-November because a new order has been placed, doesn't mean it won't be cancelled again because they changed their mind. I'm holding onto all of my information/interaction for that exact reason.
Newbie
Oct 6, 2020
19 posts
11 upvotes
Yo they are hanging up on me as soon as I mention placed an order on Oct. 27th. They hung up twice. Wtf!!!!!

Imagine a company as large and reputable as theirs shafting their customers over a pricing error that they made and now HANGING UP on them abruptly. Truly pathetic and shameful on their part.

You've lost a customer for life Bose. And I will share this experience with all my near and dear ones.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2013
1900 posts
1927 upvotes
Montreal
frist call : the rep was very impolite and refused to transfer the call to a supervisor follow by a !!!! HANG UP !!!!

what a BS business agent words: "if you don't have another question , good bye"

second call : another agent mentioned that the order has not been canceled and it will ship on Nov 12 from united states.

oh god!
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Newbie
Oct 6, 2020
19 posts
11 upvotes
DumDum wrote: I think people need to remember that Bose know about this thread and are monitoring it.

The "one time exception" is probably no longer going to happen because it has been reported here; I personally tried to hold off on posting my update too soon (I waited over half an hour before posting), but I did want to give an update if it could help others.

The other thing to remember is who we are dealing with: just because they said you will receive it in mid-November because a new order has been placed, doesn't mean it won't be cancelled again because they changed their mind. I'm holding onto all of my information/interaction for that exact reason.
Thank you for sharing your experience throughout! I am super glad you got them to budge and your order hopefully gets to you man! Cheers.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

EricM6