Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bose Canada

Bose on-ear wireless headphones – Refurbished $209.99-$160=$49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 9:39 am
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
2882 posts
356 upvotes
GVR
Umbriss wrote: No luck with any Bose customer service reps any time that I called. Only thing that I was offered was free expedited shipping on an order. Really big fail on Bose here.

I was actually so dissatisfied that I ended up submitting a complaint to Competition Bureau about this. We'll see what happens.
Sounds like bait and switch. If only one person filed, hard to make a case but if the Competition Bureau received many cases of the same complaint, it will force unethical Bose to actually do something.

5-10 min of writing a complaint vs hours on the phone without a resolution and result in more frustration. Choice is obvious.
My Heatware - My Heatware
Nov 14, 2019
61 posts
69 upvotes
Ottawa
coolman217 wrote: Sounds like bait and switch. If only one person filed, hard to make a case but if the Competition Bureau received many cases of the same complaint, it will force unethical Bose to actually do something.

5-10 min of writing a complaint vs hours on the phone without a resolution and result in more frustration. Choice is obvious.
Ya I really do wish that it was resolved or that Bose just kept all the orders to maybe one. It also makes you think about the reasons why they couldn't even offer this headphone to anyone, even after cancelling. I don't think they had the stock either to support the number of orders which is why they cancelled.

I've been using Bose products for well over a decade and now I don't know if I'll be buying any in the future. It's just sad really.

I do hope others take the time to fill out a complaint. Takes a short time to write it up and submit. You can find the form here to submit:

https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic ... 89T-7TDNA5
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
2882 posts
356 upvotes
GVR
Umbriss wrote: Ya I really do wish that it was resolved or that Bose just kept all the orders to maybe one. It also makes you think about the reasons why they couldn't even offer this headphone to anyone, even after cancelling. I don't think they had the stock either to support the number of orders which is why they cancelled.

I've been using Bose products for well over a decade and now I don't know if I'll be buying any in the future. It's just sad really.

I do hope others take the time to fill out a complaint. Takes a short time to write it up and submit. You can find the form here to submit:

https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic ... 89T-7TDNA5
Some of the customers from this promotion could have resulted in loyal customers buying other products down the line. Instead, Bose did quite a bit of damage to themselves and end up losing long term customers like you. Guess the execs are asleep behind the wheel and care more about their pockets than the business.

I've done my part already before seeing your post but glad you added a link and bringing awareness to what we can do than hanging up the phone ending in more frustration.
My Heatware - My Heatware
Nov 17, 2012
24 posts
19 upvotes
My MSG to them. I already left their stores bad google reviews and I will be posting negatively on every Bose deal I see. Garbage company
Images
  • 41782247-92E8-4B34-A15A-FECFEC904FA3.jpeg
Jun 9, 2008
417 posts
138 upvotes
Ottawa
anyone know how long it takes to go from in progress to completed :) i placed an order on friday...still no dice! Maybe they dont process orders on the weekend ?
Oct 6, 2020
23 posts
12 upvotes
London
^^ Well I received my UPS tracking number since sunday evening but there has not been any updates yet.

On Bose Canada, my order says "completed" since the day after a new order was placed for me.

To answer your question, a day or 2 (business days)? But you will receive an additonal email with your UPS tracking number and it will say so on your MY BOSE account as well.

I realize there are some true professionals over at Bose Corp and not everybody is confused like the one's most of us had to deal with. Their whatsapp customer service is a complete disaster.

What I was told in the end was that there were way too many orders placed (3000+) and their customer service wasn't thoroughly updated on what measures to take. Hence, the variance in how customers were received.

All in all, after some persistence I stand satisfied.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
I can't believe it! After this fiasco, they used my info to email me a sale email.
Aug 23, 2011
65 posts
60 upvotes
MONTR
townie22 wrote: I can't believe it! After this fiasco, they used my info to email me a sale email.
They made themselves a nice mailing list because of the price error. I marked their email as junk :)
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
vamp8888 wrote: They made themselves a nice mailing list because of the price error. I marked their email as junk :)
Is there no unsubscribe link in the email?
Destiny is all
Jul 6, 2014
476 posts
444 upvotes
Nepean, ON
vamp8888 wrote: Face With Tears Of Joy Never trust unsuscribe links
Correct, it's more like you confirming you have received email, and more will be coming.
Last edited by amsoil on Nov 11th, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 9, 2008
417 posts
138 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey guys since Christmas is coming up, I’d like to offer these headphones to someone who actually wants them before returning!

They are the soundlink 2, I never opened the box, they come with an additional 2 year warranty from Bose. I paid 84.74 total, PM me for pickup.

Hope someone who really wants them gets them.
Aug 2, 2012
143 posts
189 upvotes
Sainte-Marthe-sur-le…
If anyone know the email address of the legal department at Bose, please share it. Thanks
Dec 11, 2012
348 posts
1115 upvotes
Waterloo
So, I was a lucky one and got two bose QC11 brand new for $290 all in. I called Bose and spoke to an agent, then got transferred to a supervisor and spoke to them, they both told me nothing can be done and those orders were cancelled as an internal notice was sent company-wide and no compensation will be provided. I was adamant and asked to get transferred to the UK team and she did eventually after convincing her.

The UK rep was really nice, we joked around, I told him I heard my friend got the QCII for $88 and he said yes, the situation does vary person to person and he said he can't do anything. I asked him why, my friend was in the same boat as me and then he agreed he could. He said that the other person got $100 off any headphones of their choosing and at that time the QCII were on sale for $188 (I never saw that price anywhere, so maybe he thought I was in the US). He said the sale for $188 was done, but he can honour the price and take $100 off. I then asked if I could get 2, he said he is only allowed to take $100 off total. So he said he could give both them for $188 each and then subtract $100, so got them for $290 all in after-tax (Ontario). I consider this to be an amazing deal as it brings the price to $145/headphone after tax. I confirmed with him if they were brand new and he said yes.

He said Canada was sold out so he would get them shipped from US with express shipping for free. Got them in 3 days and I love them.

I was very polite with the guy, I joked around with him, I was persistant and I do have great negotiating skills. It does take luck and patience.
Jul 1, 2019
146 posts
92 upvotes
Thecheapindian wrote: So, I was a lucky one and got two bose QC11 brand new for $290 all in. I called Bose and spoke to an agent, then got transferred to a supervisor and spoke to them, they both told me nothing can be done and those orders were cancelled as an internal notice was sent company-wide and no compensation will be provided. I was adamant and asked to get transferred to the UK team and she did eventually after convincing her.

The UK rep was really nice, we joked around, I told him I heard my friend got the QCII for $88 and he said yes, the situation does vary person to person and he said he can't do anything. I asked him why, my friend was in the same boat as me and then he agreed he could. He said that the other person got $100 off any headphones of their choosing and at that time the QCII were on sale for $188 (I never saw that price anywhere, so maybe he thought I was in the US). He said the sale for $188 was done, but he can honour the price and take $100 off. I then asked if I could get 2, he said he is only allowed to take $100 off total. So he said he could give both them for $188 each and then subtract $100, so got them for $290 all in after-tax (Ontario). I consider this to be an amazing deal as it brings the price to $145/headphone after tax. I confirmed with him if they were brand new and he said yes.

He said Canada was sold out so he would get them shipped from US with express shipping for free. Got them in 3 days and I love them.

I was very polite with the guy, I joked around with him, I was persistant and I do have great negotiating skills. It does take luck and patience.
Well.. lets say, Bose will never get any money from me.. and I believe most of the people in this thread feel the same way!!
Dec 27, 2011
133 posts
158 upvotes
So... I finally received my order today - two of on ear headphones. My initial order got cancelled, called in and talked to a supervisor about the situation and finally she agreed on honouring the offer but next day it got cancelled again. I was pissed off and called in again. One of service reps actually completed another order and it didn't get cancelled. It took about two weeks to get my headphones. I didn't get an upgrade like others did but am just glad my order came through as I bought them as christmas gift. Hope this helps.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2004
1763 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
corea8336 wrote: So... I finally received my order today - two of on ear headphones. My initial order got cancelled, called in and talked to a supervisor about the situation and finally she agreed on honouring the offer but next day it got cancelled again. I was pissed off and called in again. One of service reps actually completed another order and it didn't get cancelled. It took about two weeks to get my headphones. I didn't get an upgrade like others did but am just glad my order came through as I bought them as christmas gift. Hope this helps.
Glad for you getting your items. I'm not desperate enough to want them that bad, so many people got screwed by this whole fiasco. Theres been other times and items Ive got made about and fought for. I'm interested to see how the people in QC make out with this whole thing.
Apr 16, 2014
395 posts
630 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
bishop613 wrote: Just filled out my return from my $3.99 clip via UPS. :) Jerks.
I got my $4.51 back this morning. lol
Aug 2, 2012
143 posts
189 upvotes
Sainte-Marthe-sur-le…
psxp wrote: Glad for you getting your items. I'm not desperate enough to want them that bad, so many people got screwed by this whole fiasco. Theres been other times and items Ive got made about and fought for. I'm interested to see how the people in QC make out with this whole thing.
I'm about to send a formal notice. It's printed, just need to send it with signature with Canada Post to the Bose Canada headquarter