Expired Hot Deals

[Bose Canada] Bose on-ear wireless headphones – Refurbished $209.99-$160=$49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 9:39 am
Apr 16, 2014
127 posts
163 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
bishop613 wrote: Just filled out my return from my $3.99 clip via UPS. :) Jerks.
I got my $4.51 back this morning. lol
Aug 2, 2012
117 posts
132 upvotes
Sainte-Marthe-sur-le…
psxp wrote: Glad for you getting your items. I'm not desperate enough to want them that bad, so many people got screwed by this whole fiasco. Theres been other times and items Ive got made about and fought for. I'm interested to see how the people in QC make out with this whole thing.
I'm about to send a formal notice. It's printed, just need to send it with signature with Canada Post to the Bose Canada headquarter
Sep 10, 2007
470 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Holy cow @ this Bose mess! Back when this thread first started, I had the item my cart, ready to pull the trigger, when I nearly forgot to remind myself to check who their shipping carrier is. Turns out it was the dreaded UPS (whom I’d vowed to never ever use again or have them touch my stuff after countess examples of gross incompetence). So I backed out and abandoned the order.
So now it turns out that Bose has its own set of examples of incompetence too (that my avoiding UPS helped me dodge that second bullet)? Geez. :facepalm:

Sorry to see that such a potential deal turned into a bloody disaster. I hope you all at least get ALL of your money back (including the taxes as some folks mentioned was calculated wrong too).
This would have been my first order with Bose too if I had done it. Now it looks like it’s just yet another company to stay the hell away from. That list gets longer... :rolleyes:

I’d already removed a couple more companies from my list that I used to deal with, due to their foolishness and diminished customer service. My ‘deal with’ company list has gotten shorter with fewer of them getting my money, time, or business. This has been an interesting year indeed, with 2021 incoming.
pmb

"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."
~ Henry J. Kaiser
Aug 25, 2020
12 posts
6 upvotes
I got a shipping notification this morning after having two extremely painful, long and drawn out Whatsapp service conversations. Clearly they have people they probably pay about 5 cents a case to resolve that are handling 10 or more at once and they will not help you nor do anything useful, they just want you to get off the phone and be 'happy' so you don't give them a bad review. Horrible system and Bose should be ashamed of putting people in that situation.

I had ordered an extra cable and they shipped it via UPS. Luckily they didnt charge shipping (which would've really made me flip my lid) and after calling they said they would just refund me and i don't need to send it back. Unreal. Clearly someone in their sales department is off the christmas card list for everyone associated with customer service. Idiotic really. They could've just shipped out the headphones and probably not even made a loss. Instead they pissed off thousands of customers, caused thousands of customer service calls and lost tonnes of goodwill. If they had fulfilled the orders and said 'while we made a mistake we will fulfill your order and we value your business' they could have turned it into a customer relations coup. Unbelievable stupidity and I guess I need to find a new headphone brand now, because this whole saga is not worth revisiting.
Aug 25, 2020
12 posts
6 upvotes
themightydrek wrote: I got a shipping notification this morning after having two extremely painful, long and drawn out Whatsapp service conversations. Clearly they have people they probably pay about 5 cents a case to resolve that are handling 10 or more at once and they will not help you nor do anything useful, they just want you to get off the phone and be 'happy' so you don't give them a bad review. Horrible system and Bose should be ashamed of putting people in that situation.

I had ordered an extra cable and they shipped it via UPS. Luckily they didnt charge shipping (which would've really made me flip my lid) and after calling they said they would just refund me and i don't need to send it back. Unreal. Clearly someone in their sales department is off the christmas card list for everyone associated with customer service. Idiotic really. They could've just shipped out the headphones and probably not even made a loss. Instead they pissed off thousands of customers, caused thousands of customer service calls and lost tonnes of goodwill. If they had fulfilled the orders and said 'while we made a mistake we will fulfill your order and we value your business' they could have turned it into a customer relations coup. Unbelievable stupidity and I guess I need to find a new headphone brand now, because this whole saga is not worth revisiting.
I should add, explicitly, multiple times, in both whatsapp conversations I said 'if you have cancelled the headphones please cancel the rest of the order' and they said they would...