• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2019 9:47 pm
[OP]
Oct 25, 2013
49 posts
204 upvotes
London, ON

[Bose Canada] Bose QC35 (first gen) FACTORY RENEWED - $269.99

Just purchased this, tried in Costco with this headphone and the ANC is awesome. For those who missed the outlet sale for qc 35 ii and who do not have a outlet nearby, I think this is a decent deal.
Last edited by nanmo091032 on Mar 20th, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
563 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2196 posts
120 upvotes
I have the silver ones love em so much I just might get the black one too.
Software Engineer
May 29, 2017
245 posts
134 upvotes
What's the difference between this and new gen?
Nov 3, 2018
112 posts
340 upvotes
codex119 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 9:55 pm
What's the difference between this and new gen?
these 1st gen doesn't have Google assistant or Siri support, still researching the difference.

also, first gen came out a while ago.
Nov 3, 2018
112 posts
340 upvotes
does factory renewed mean someone has used it, and Bose just changed the ear cups and wiped down the head band?

I'm on the fence if that's the case...

I was hoping for like printing error or something and they fixed the box.
Jan 31, 2019
30 posts
50 upvotes
supremePug wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 10:02 pm
these 1st gen doesn't have Google assistant or Siri support, still researching the difference.

On top of that, the QC 35 II can adjust the ANC settings using a button on the headphones themselves, as opposed to using an app in the 1st gen.
Oct 21, 2009
609 posts
499 upvotes
supremePug wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 10:06 pm
does factory renewed mean someone has used it, and Bose just changed the ear cups and wiped down the head band?

From that page......

What is a Bose Factory Renewed product?
Factory Renewed products are a great way to enjoy Bose performance at outstanding value. A Factory Renewed product is one that’s been returned to Bose, for any reason.

It’s then thoroughly inspected, tested and serviced to meet strict Bose sound quality standards—the same as a new product. Appearance is closely examined; products occasionally have minor, nearly imperceptible blemishes. All Factory Renewed products have the same warranty as new products. And are available only from Bose. Quantities are limited.
Nov 13, 2005
453 posts
62 upvotes
Calgary
supremePug wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 10:06 pm

From the website:

Factory Renewed products are a great way to enjoy Bose performance at outstanding value. A Factory Renewed product is one that’s been returned to Bose, for any reason.

It’s then thoroughly inspected, tested and serviced to meet strict Bose sound quality standards—the same as a new product. Appearance is closely examined; products occasionally have minor, nearly imperceptible blemishes. All Factory Renewed products have the same warranty as new products. And are available only from Bose. Quantities are limited.
Jun 29, 2005
209 posts
39 upvotes
Edmonton
This is awesome. Thanks OP!

I just started looking at Bluetooth headphones options within the last week since I have quite a few trips coming up.

Free Return shipping even, but I doubt it'll come to that!
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1192 posts
2318 upvotes
Too many good deals lately, I need a second job to be on this site.

This is a great deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2588 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
How about the sound quality between this and the second one??!? Any difference??
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1522 posts
990 upvotes
Calgary
supremePug wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 10:02 pm

I have the first generation and my girlfriend has the second generation.
Second generation Doesn't do Siri. You have to install Google assist on your iPhone

And literally that's the only difference. One less button for a nearly useless feature.
I've tried swapping back and forth and nothing else is different.

One plus for the first Gen is they come with that weird airplane adapter to go from two headphone jacks to one. I haven't seen that on any airplanes recently but it is technically a feature. Lol.
Removed from second generation accessories. (I guess for good reason?)
Last edited by Suthek on Mar 20th, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.