Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bose Canada

Bose QC35 (QC35 II if you're lucky) FACTORY RENEWED - $269.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2019 5:07 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1716 posts
422 upvotes
I already own a pair that I use in the office. Love the noise cancelling. Looking for a second pair for walking dogs, work around the house. Reason for second pair is these will be beaters, will get rained on, may get paint on them etc. Do not want noise cancelling for my second pair.

I noticed bose sells a cheaper pair of headphones , same comfort, slightly less battery life, no noise cancelling for something like 269 at Best Buy and was thinking of grabbing those.

But I am tempted to get the more premium product for the same price (even for the purposes of re-sale value in future)

My question: can I permanently turn off noise cancellation on these (qc35) ? Or is it something I have to do every time I put them on ? If so, I may be better off with the cheaper pair.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1630 posts
442 upvotes
Oakville
Oscar11 wrote: I already own a pair that I use in the office. Love the noise cancelling. Looking for a second pair for walking dogs, work around the house. Reason for second pair is these will be beaters, will get rained on, may get paint on them etc. Do not want noise cancelling for my second pair.

I noticed bose sells a cheaper pair of headphones , same comfort, slightly less battery life, no noise cancelling for something like 269 at Best Buy and was thinking of grabbing those.

But I am tempted to get the more premium product for the same price (even for the purposes of re-sale value in future)

My question: can I permanently turn off noise cancellation on these (qc35) ? Or is it something I have to do every time I put them on ? If so, I may be better off with the cheaper pair.

Thanks
Can I sell you my QC25 with a BT adapter? Lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1716 posts
422 upvotes
apoorv wrote: Can I sell you my QC25 with a BT adapter? Lol.
Sorry not interested in looking like a buffoon! Lol just kidding - but no
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1630 posts
442 upvotes
Oakville
Also, has anyone put Slickwraps or any other stickers on their headsets before?
Just wondering what's a good place to order from (in terms of shipping cost and delivery times!)
Nov 3, 2006
220 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
Depending on what you're looking for, you might want to consider the Sony Hear On 2 that are currently being sold at Costco for $199.

The Hear On 2 and QC35II are both wireless noise-cancelling headphones. The Hear On 2 outperforms in sound quality, but the QC35II outperforms in noise-cancellation.

Some critiques have also claimed that the Hear On 2 sounds better than Sony's flagship WH-1000XM3.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1716 posts
422 upvotes
For me comfort is a huge consideration, and obviously everyone is different.

I’ve owned:

plantronics (good sound, poor fit, clunky looking /fugly)

Beats studio 3, poor sound, tight fit - ears will get sweaty with prolonged use. Good for winter... keeps the ears warm. Sleek looking

Bose qcii: good sound, amazing comfort - can be worn all day without a problem. Head and shoulders Obote the competition. Not as sleek looking as the studio 3’s but acceptable.

Was torn between the Sony’s and the Bose, but trying on instore, Bose was the clear winner in terms of comfort and fit. But to be fair, I have not had extensive experience with the Sony’s.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3012 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
Bought my QC35 from the last renewed sale. So far so good and no issues with the build quality or battery.

My only negative about these headphones is the sound leakage. After about 70% volume, people around can start hearing your music. Other than that, sound quality is amazing, super light weight and very comfortable. I had them on for 5+ hours straight the other day and no discomfort.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1716 posts
422 upvotes
For me comfort is a huge consideration, and obviously everyone is different.

I’ve owned:

plantronics (good sound, poor fit, clunky looking /fugly)

Sennheiser bt4.0 - poor fit, ok sound, clunky, I also had range issues with these... may have just been me. Sold this pair.

Beats studio 3, poor sound, tight fit - ears will get sweaty with prolonged use. Good for winter... keeps the ears warm. Sleek looking

Bose qcii: good sound, amazing comfort - can be worn all day without a problem. Head and shoulders Above the competition. Not as sleek looking as the studio 3’s but acceptable.

Was torn between the Sony’s and the Bose, but trying on instore, Bose was the clear winner in terms of comfort and fit. But to be fair, I have not had extensive experience with the Sony’s.
Last edited by Oscar11 on Apr 23rd, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 26, 2018
162 posts
414 upvotes
allawi wrote: Depending on what you're looking for, you might want to consider the Sony Hear On 2 that are currently being sold at Costco for $199.

The Hear On 2 and QC35II are both wireless noise-cancelling headphones. The Hear On 2 outperforms in sound quality, but the QC35II outperforms in noise-cancellation.

Some critiques have also claimed that the Hear On 2 sounds better than Sony's flagship WH-1000XM3.

Agree. I had the Sony 900N hear on and QC35 II side by side compared, noise cancelling on Bose is much better than Sony, but I prefer the sound on Sony, plus the touch pad feature making skip songs and change volume so much easier.
Apr 3, 2010
311 posts
62 upvotes
Montreal
- Sound is always very subjective (Most people find the Sony XM3 way better, but I actually prefer the QC35 II sound)

- In terms of comfort (for a regular size head), it's: QC35 >>>> XM3 >>>>> Sennheiser BT4.5 (yes it does get better over time but it feels like a clamp initially)
Oct 26, 2018
18 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg
I bought the QC35 silver version on the 21st April. they just shipped the QC35 II :-)

QUIETCOMFORT 35 II,WLSS,HDPHN,SLV,WW,FR
Quantity: 1
Oct 26, 2018
18 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg
whatyoulookinatbud wrote: Is there a return policy for factory renewed?
from Bose: All Factory Renewed products have the same warranty as new products
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2981 posts
1066 upvotes
quinnman wrote: I bought the QC35 silver version on the 21st April. they just shipped the QC35 II :-)

Lucky! i ordered on the 21st... but looks like i didn't get upgraded.

QUIET COMFORT35,WLSS,HDPHN,SILVER,FR
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
2143 posts
531 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
How long does it take to get a shipping notice or update?
Oct 26, 2018
18 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg
First update on the order status page took 2 days, eg below

QUIET COMFORT35,WLSS,HDPHN,SILVER,FR
Silver

Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2338 upvotes
Langley
iamagtaguy wrote: We have Great West Life insurance from office, if someone knows how to claim through GWL i will buy a beer :-)
You need a health spending account/wellness account to be able to claim something like this. It's impossible to know what type of coverage you have since all plans are different.

My friend also has a health spending account and he can claim ANYTHING associated with health and fitness, which includes yoga mats, classes, sunglasses, helmets, bikes, headphones, etc.
I have a government insurance plan that does not have a health spending account.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1068 posts
782 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I've got a confirmation email but I cant check the status on the website, it says the billing postal code is wrong? Anyone have the same?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1630 posts
442 upvotes
Oakville
pca1987 wrote: I've got a confirmation email but I cant check the status on the website, it says the billing postal code is wrong? Anyone have the same?
A1A 1A1, case sensitive, with a space in between.
Last edited by razorblade705 on Apr 23rd, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)