Expired Hot Deals

Bose Canada

Reduced [$304.99] Refurbished Bose QC35 (2nd Gen) Noise Cancelling Headphones

[OP]
Apr 1, 2015
57 posts
18 upvotes

[Bose Canada] Reduced [$304.99] Refurbished Bose QC35 (2nd Gen) Noise Cancelling Headphones

RFD Addicts like Gen 1 deal a lot link refurbished-bose-qc35-1st-gen-noise-can ... 0-2354967/

So there are Gen 2 on sale too.

90-day Risk Free Trial
Free standard delivery for all orders over $50 and free return shipping
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Last edited by antemeridiem on Aug 10th, 2020 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
23 replies
Apr 11, 2019
292 posts
306 upvotes
why is title price 209 but 324 here? the gen 1 is exactly the same as gen 2 except for google assistantt iirc. not worth the extra 115 imo.
Zoomer Wireless - $36/month|800 Minutes|5GB Data|Unlimited Texts
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5644 posts
2038 upvotes
why u lie op, WHY U LIE??

[EDIT: OP originally lied and said price was $209 :P]

New price: definitely don't think this is a good deal, an extra $115, just for the addition of the assistant.
Last edited by deezz on Jul 23rd, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
[OP]
Apr 1, 2015
57 posts
18 upvotes
deezz wrote: why u lie op, WHY U LIE??

[EDIT: OP originally lied and said price was $209 :P]

New price: definitely don't think this is a good deal, an extra $115, just for the addition of the assistant.
Copy paste form Gen 1 Winking Face. Editted
Last edited by antemeridiem on Jul 23rd, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 18, 2019
21 posts
45 upvotes
There's two linked in the title, once for QC35 II and the other for the QC35 I @ $209. Great deal :)
[OP]
Apr 1, 2015
57 posts
18 upvotes
Tommytppt wrote: There's two linked in the title, once for QC35 II and the other for the QC35 I @ $209. Great deal :)
I was close to buy gen 2 just for fast charging, but then I gave my wallet a rest.
Last edited by antemeridiem on Jul 23rd, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 11, 2019
292 posts
306 upvotes
instead of getting the gen2 for fast charging, you could get another pair of gen 1 for just $95 more and you can just switch between the two between charges. its actually quite convenient haha.
Oct 11, 2015
721 posts
273 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Cataclysm wrote: Bose or Sony, any one has suggestions?
I have both, Sony hands down quality wise and noise cancel, comfy wise Bose win.
I would've not bought Bose tho if i didn't get at 190$ Refurb haha.
I also have sony XM3 ear bud and it noise cancel as good as Bose, at a fraction of it size.
Apr 11, 2019
292 posts
306 upvotes
they are marginally similar in pretty much each way. it really just depends what matter to you more. bose has my vote because of 2 connections, physical on/off button is quicker than the hold down of sony, better clamping force, and FAR FAR FAR better customer service.

sony beats out the bose in pretty much every other aspect but very slightly. slightly better sound (but bluetooth limitations on sound quality), slightly-moderately better looks, i think sony is just slightly better at noise cancellation for higher pitched noises, but i honestly don't know if its just placebo from others telling me so. sony also has usb c charging. xm4 is supposed to have 2 connections on bluetooth as well so maybe wait for that?

at current prices of qc35 I for 209 vs the xm3 at 300/350 depending if you have epp at the source, the bose hands down is by far the better deal. even at the same price point, i think its a toss up on what is more important to you.
Jun 28, 2015
66 posts
78 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
Rtings.com has bose better, that's how I made my decision.
Feb 15, 2011
196 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
I saw at numerous forums that Sony has better noise cancelling, while Bose is much more comfortable.
I tried Bose at their store & was sold.
I'm sure most big electronic retailers has both Bose and Sony models on display. Try them & then decide.

One thing: Bose, at least at their stores, offers 90 days return policy. That led me to get Bose.

BTW, refurbished products are cheaper at most times if you go to Halton Hills. Call to check their price and stock level.
Early July:
Bose 700 black was 429.99 - 20% = $343.99 + tax
QC35 II was 360 - 20% = $288 + tax
Aug 27, 2011
615 posts
2034 upvotes
If you don't mind the color or getting one for your wife or gf, there is the pink one at amazon, brand new for $5 bucks more at $329.

https://www.amazon.ca/QuietComfort-Wire ... B07NXDPLJ9

I have two bose headphones, the QuietComfort 2 Acoustic from 2005 and the QC 35 II that I bought a couple years back as an upgrade. The sound quality is amazing. You cannot go wrong with Bose. My first pair lasted me for about 12 years, then the glue in the earpiece dried out, had to get a replacement off ebay but the unit still works great. It has traveled around the world, probably flown about a million miles with me around the world (I was a management consultant) and slept on the planes with it many many hours. Absolutely love the headset.

Please note that the noise cancellation does not mean it can filter out everything. When I had these on an airplane, I can still hear a crying baby. No noise cancelling headphones can filter a crying baby or if someone screams but it does an excellent job on white noise, engine noise, chatting and background noise.
May 12, 2009
375 posts
767 upvotes
I am interested in noise cancellation, but I am also interested in sound quality, and I don't mind the wire. So my question is: is the sound quality better when using the wire vs using Bluetooth?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2357 posts
5124 upvotes
Mississauga
Surprised to see this post receive a single upvote. The headphones have been on sale for $249.99 quite often and most recently on sale for $179.99.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)