Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bose Canada

Refurbished Bose QC35 (1st Gen) Noise Cancelling Headphones $209.00

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 12:46 am
Apr 18, 2017
706 posts
350 upvotes
Poland
Thanks OP. Bought a pair for my Dad.

Got these at 249.99 a while back. Didn't notice anything different when I updated to the new firmware.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3196 posts
735 upvotes
Ecsta wrote: 30 day return window, if they are updated just return them. I learned the hard way in the past never ever update the firmware on something that's working perfectly if i don't need the new features or am having problems.
Bit of a pain, I wonder if the Halton outlet store has these in stock... Would I just download their app and pair it to see what version is installed? Hopefully pairing it won't initiate an update immediately.
Dec 26, 2010
293 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto
woah123 wrote: How’s the battery life on the refurbished model? Also if you do wired connection (aux) does noise cancellation still work?
No issues with battery life on the refurbished model that I purchased. There's a 1 year warranty if you're concerned.

And yes, ANC still works with wired connection.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2043 posts
696 upvotes
Ottawa
where do they get so many refurbished units?
why are users returned them?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
woah123 wrote: How’s the battery life on the refurbished model? Also if you do wired connection (aux) does noise cancellation still work?
FWIW I recall reading another poster having poor battery life on his refurb QC35 and Bose sent him a brand new pair under warranty. ANC will work with wired connection, once you plug in the aux it will change from Bluetooth to wired connection.
yalinky wrote: Heads up I have the same version of QC35 and noise cancelling became terrible after 3.0.3 update. I wouldn’t recommend.
Not sure if it's the same but I was able to downgrade the firmware on my QC35 2nd gen a few months ago. The ANC/Cabin pressure felt stronger after the downgrade. I found the tutorial on Reddit.
Sep 2, 2014
451 posts
184 upvotes
what is the difference between version i and version ii ?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1473 posts
438 upvotes
Thanks OP... grabbed a pair.... they Boy's Bday is coming up and his Sony's broke (Lower model) .. hopefully these will be more durable and certainly should sound better
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1473 posts
438 upvotes
sammjm wrote: what is the difference between version i and version ii ?
II have Alexa assistant..
May 23, 2017
77 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: Not sure if it's the same but I was able to downgrade the firmware on my QC35 2nd gen a few months ago. The ANC/Cabin pressure felt stronger after the downgrade. I found the tutorial on Reddit.
I did exactly the same by using the same Reddit tutorial. Nothing changed unfortunately. Maybe it doesn’t work as well on Gen 1.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
yalinky wrote: I did exactly the same by using the same Reddit tutorial. Nothing changed unfortunately. Maybe it doesn’t work as well on Gen 1.
That sucks. I guess I got used to the weakened ANC until I downgraded and noticed the difference. How low did you go? I went to 2.1.3.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1241 posts
620 upvotes
The 6ix
How are these for the gym. I'm using true wireless earbuds atm but they are starting to give me trouble. How do they handle sweat?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
cf7777 wrote: where do they get so many refurbished units?
Some are returns/refurb in a plain white box, some are brand new in retail packaging that have a refurb sticker (like the QC35 II I got).

Doesn't matter. Bose is good with warranty claims, and treats out of warranty customers good as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2613 posts
779 upvotes
vr_nguyen wrote: How are these for the gym. I'm using true wireless earbuds atm but they are starting to give me trouble. How do they handle sweat?
wouldn't recommend them for the gym. the ear cups will catch all your sweat and leave u feeling really hot. I can't wear these outdoors during summer
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
link627 wrote: How is this compared to the Sennheiser HD 4.50 Special Edition?

Its on sale right now on amazon for 199.95.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07BMQXVLB/ref ... YIK6Y9EEQB
pricecheck wrote: Same question especially with regards to comfort.
What's the difference between the SE and regular version on sale for $119? From what I read it's only the matte finish?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MSZSL4I/ref ... rEbSWR8H8P

In terms of comfort and ANC, the QC35 is superior. I don't have experience with the 4.5 but most reviews have either the QC35 or Sony XM3 as top of the class. I was on a long haul flight recently and wore the QC35 for almost the entire 8hr flight and had no fatigue at all. I'd personally pay the extra for the QC35, or buy both and compare since it's free returns.

Here's a comparison review: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools ... ii/476/565
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6622 upvotes
London
cf7777 wrote: where do they get so many refurbished units?
I think series 1 are still sold at Costco so these are likely Costco returns. Series1 is missing an extra button that can be assigned. With series 1, you have to use the app to change the nc level

Series 2 has the Alexa/ google button . That button can also be assigned to change the NC level - off/ lo/ hi right on the headset - no app needed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)