• Sep 9th, 2019 8:13 pm
[OP]
Aug 8, 2019
0 posts
33 upvotes

[Bose Canada] Refurbished Bose QC35 headphones (Black, First gen) - $249.99

Factory refurbished qc35 (first gen) - black on sale
Been eyeing this for a while, but they were always out of stock

249.99 + tax + free shipping (3-5 business days).

I hope this is a hot deal.
133 replies
Feb 20, 2009
156 posts
90 upvotes
Mississauga
The Verge reported on model II and OP listed model I.
Aug 4, 2018
26 posts
14 upvotes
Might not be hot for some people.
But I'm just like you keep watching this for awhile. I was hesitate to buy either the used this QC35 / Sony 1000xm3 on KJJ or ebay.
Finally this comes! a lot safer and discount! why would this bad

Thank OP
Apr 20, 2018
47 posts
17 upvotes
ravenjo wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 9:44 pm
The Verge reported on model II and OP listed model I.
QC35 I users complained about degraded ANC as well. But very likely the headphones sold in stores or shipped from warehouse won't have the latest firmware. Just don't upgrade it.

Also, Bose outlets stores have renewed QC35 II for $300.
Aug 9, 2019
1 posts
Aelanord wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 11:40 pm
QC35 I users complained about degraded ANC as well. But very likely the headphones sold in stores or shipped from warehouse won't have the latest firmware. Just don't upgrade it.

Do you know how to prevent getting the latest firmware and not upgrading it?
Nov 13, 2003
152 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Been waiting for these to come back in stock knowing that the Bose 700 isn't far better in performance (I rarely use the mic in a noisy environment), has a stronger clamping force on the head, and doesn't fold (ok, honestly don't think this last point is a huge deal).

I like the multi-point connectivity that the Sony doesn't support.

In for one.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1701 posts
734 upvotes
dinguszoo wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 5:00 pm
Thanks for posting, but I fear it might not be the best time to buy the qc35.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/16/2069 ... n-problems
I've seen many people mention that Bose nerfed the ANC on these, and there's not much you can do besides downgrading the firmware and never connecting to the app
I just want to say that Bose users complained about this in earlier versions of firmware before and also complained for same reason. They took users headsets back and did comprehensive testing (with documentation on what they did) and found that the qc35 first gen performed the same pre and post firmware upgrade in the lab.

Meanwhile, I have done the firmware upgrade and didn't notice any difference in anc feature.

My conclusion is Bose forums are mostly people who like to complain because Bose mods actually respond to them.

In the meantime, my qc35 first gen is still working great and sounds the same.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1374 posts
270 upvotes
Oshawa
Aelanord wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 11:40 pm

I picked up the QC35II for $279 at the Bose outlet. Then I heard they gave another $30 off (but can’t verify) so I’m not sure the first gen is worth the $250.
Jul 15, 2008
840 posts
149 upvotes
Edge
slimysnot wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 7:09 am
I just want to say that Bose users complained about this in earlier versions of firmware before and also complained for same reason. They took users headsets back and did comprehensive testing (with documentation on what they did) and found that the qc35 first gen performed the same pre and post firmware upgrade in the lab.

Meanwhile, I have done the firmware upgrade and didn't notice any difference in anc feature.

My conclusion is Bose forums are mostly people who like to complain because Bose mods actually respond to them.

In the meantime, my qc35 first gen is still working great and sounds the same.
They have a legit reason, I have experienced this in my refurb QC35i that I bought here.

Before just ANC ON you can't hear people talking after the upgrade it is night and day difference you can hear people talking and even the keyboard sound while you're typing, so they have reasons to complain.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1003 posts
502 upvotes
Burlington
I was on the lookout for these, but grabbed the QC25 for $135 on Prime day and can no longer justify the price for the recertified Q35s.
Dec 22, 2017
191 posts
207 upvotes
On my QC35 II, no difference in ANC performance.

The thing with internet anecdotes is that everyone gives skewed responses to some degree.

QC35 is still a great buy and sounds awesome.
Nov 23, 2017
966 posts
1959 upvotes
I bought these during the sale last time at $269. They sound no where near as good as the WH1000XM 2/3 but they are way more comfortable, I’d take these over the XM2/3 on a long haul flight any day.

Mine came basically brand new. A solid buy IMO.
Jul 23, 2007
173 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
dieselboy27 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 7:43 am
I picked up the QC35II for $279 at the Bose outlet. Then I heard they gave another $30 off (but can’t verify) so I’m not sure the first gen is worth the $250.

When was this? They told me 300. Anyone hear anything different?