• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2017 5:30 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 12, 2015
116 posts
45 upvotes
Saint-Epiphane, QC
adamm wrote: Yes but only if it says "sold and fulfilled by Amazon" and only if the reviews are good and I've usually already done a ton of research on what I'm about to buy if it's expensive. I usually don't buy generic/unbranded electronics on amazon (because I can get that stuff just about anywhere else) but if I do, it's usually under $50. Anything over that and it has to be a brand name and say "sold and fulfilled by Amazon"

here some exemple of jbl charge 2+ can be sold by amazon.com (most of them can't be shipped idk why...)

1- $74.79 Refurbished jbl charge 2+ sold by "Noble Planet" and FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON import duty $15.28 and shipping $7.97 total = $98.04 us

2-$87.42 New jbl charge 2+ sold by "Amazon Export Sales LLC" import duty $48.58 and shipping $9.07 total = $145.07us

3- $79.95 Refurbished jbl charge 2+ sold by "Dave Parkers"and " FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON " import duty $16.33 and shipping $7.64 total = $103.92

so the 3 questions here,
a)why the hell the item sold by amazon is so overpriced in import duty...???
b)the 2 others seller and "FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON" who are cheaper into import duty, idk why... can we trust them when the "FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON" is in there to counter the chiness fake copy? amazon protect consumer when these words are there?
c) why some new items and some seller can't ship that shit to canada and some can..?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1658 posts
255 upvotes
gtfodude wrote: here some exemple of jbl charge 2+ can be sold by amazon.com (most of them can't be shipped idk why...)

1- $74.79 Refurbished jbl charge 2+ sold by "Noble Planet" and FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON import duty $15.28 and shipping $7.97 total = $98.04 us

2-$87.42 New jbl charge 2+ sold by "Amazon Export Sales LLC" import duty $48.58 and shipping $9.07 total = $145.07us

3- $79.95 Refurbished jbl charge 2+ sold by "Dave Parkers"and " FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON " import duty $16.33 and shipping $7.64 total = $103.92

so the 3 questions here,
a)why the hell the item sold by amazon is so overpriced in import duty...???
b)the 2 others seller and "FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON" who are cheaper into import duty, idk why... can we trust them when the "FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON" is in there to counter the chiness fake copy? amazon protect consumer when these words are there?
c) why some new items and some seller can't ship that shit to canada and some can..?
Kind of off topic for this thread, but it seems like none of those are sold by Amazon.ca. The one that says sold by Amazon Export Sales LLC seems like it's sold by Amazon in the US (hence the "Export Sales"). Whether any of these are chinese knockoffs, I don't know. All I know is that I usually focus on items that say "Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca" like this one. Items like these are eligible for free shipping and there are no import duties because they're sold within Canada.

Al the items you mentioned seem like they coming from the states. They all have "import duty". I usually avoid those altogether.
adamm
May 4, 2006
311 posts
67 upvotes
Mississauga
I agree, not the best sounding headphones you can get in that price range, but with the NC and comfort, probably one of the best overall headphones. Ive had them for a few weeks and they are really good! I got them from ebay, a canadian seller for $400 CDN. I verified the serial number with Bose and they are legit. Since the QC35s are new, its difficult to find clones of them. One way to tell, touch the side of the earcups, they should feel cool to the touch since they are glass filled nylon.
May 4, 2006
311 posts
67 upvotes
Mississauga
I havent been able to recreate that issue, along with many other people on reddit or head-fi. Maybe they fixed the issue with a firmware update? I just got the headphones and they are on the most recent firmware.
Jucius Maximus wrote: Supposedly the Bose QC35 headphones has significant problems with songs that use a lot of bass:
http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/21/11975 ... ort-flawed

Reportedly they give off static noise under these conditions.
Jan 12, 2015
116 posts
45 upvotes
Saint-Epiphane, QC
they have no bose qc35 on indigo to stack coupon 20% off with masterpass =,(
Jan 7, 2011
747 posts
229 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: QC25's and QC35's never go on sale. The only one that does is the Soundtrue II Apple version. It's not that they are popular, it's because Bose sells their product directly on their website. So the store price has to be the same as the Bose.ca price. I'm buying the QC25 myself.
They were on sale through Staples through coupon stacks last year. 249.99 for them, thread is on RFD somewhere. IMO QC25 is better since itll last 40 hours ish with AAA batteries and that's good enough even for the longest flights. Can even carry a spare. The new QC35 is lithium ion and replacing those is probably difficult.
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2040 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
I had the QC35's, but hated the sound; they definitely didn't sound like $400 headphones, so I ended up returning them.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2014 posts
356 upvotes
Red Deer
Eluder wrote: I had the QC35's, but hated the sound; they definitely didn't sound like $400 headphones, so I ended up returning them.
Did you end up getting another set that you like better? Looking for a decent (comfortable) wireless around-ear (not on-ear) set with NC, for under $500.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2040 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
I got the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless. They sound way better, but the ANC is pretty useless in comparison; which doesn't bother me, because that's not something I really need. Apparently the Sennheisers do a good job of blocking the noise of a plane, engine drone, etc, which is probably the only time I'd really care to have ANC, so to me, it's a fair trade off. I'll find out next week when I fly out to SFO and take my Sennheisers with me.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2886 posts
450 upvotes
Vancouver
Eluder wrote: I got the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless. They sound way better, but the ANC is pretty useless in comparison; which doesn't bother me, because that's not something I really need. Apparently the Sennheisers do a good job of blocking the noise of a plane, engine drone, etc, which is probably the only time I'd really care to have ANC, so to me, it's a fair trade off. I'll find out next week when I fly out to SFO and take my Sennheisers with me.
Did you manage to find a deal or a sale on the Sennheiser?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2040 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Ya, I had got them from Amazon for $347.99 a couple of weeks ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4271 posts
2063 upvotes
Toronto
litebrite wrote: Did you manage to find a deal or a sale on the Sennheiser?
They do go on sale from time to time, I've seen them under $400 a few times but you'd have to patient.