Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Boston Pizza

$5 Individual pizzas are back at BP's Mon Aug 13, dine in only

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2018 9:03 am
Mar 18, 2005
441 posts
399 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Just adding info to this thread, so I don’t know if anyone shared this info in the last few pages.

Went to BP in Brossard, QC today. Poster shows sale for the whole week, up to the 19th I believe, but it’s listed as 2 individual pizzas for $10, as opposed to $5 each. Only ordered 2 cause I was mainly just grabbing a beer with a friend. I’ll very likely return this week when I’m very hungry lol.

Not sure if it’s the same at all BPs in Quebec.
May 19, 2009
885 posts
1234 upvotes
Vancouver
Went to Metrotown location at Burnaby BC at 8pm, they told us it’s 30 min wait but we got our table in 15 min. We ordered one pizza per person (we didn’t want leftovers) and only waited 10 min after ordering. For $5 it was pretty good (last time we came here we thought it didn’t taste good, dunno if they changed the chef or what), I liked my personalized pizza.

A table near us with 3 dudes ordered like 7 pizzas, and I saw other people take home their leftovers. On our way out at 9pm there were more people waiting than when we got there. We did hear the hostess mention how it was crazy busy earlier, guess we got there at a good time :)
Nov 18, 2014
233 posts
339 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I just want to pipe in and say the Hillside location here in Victoria did a wonderful job all around. Staff was friendly, had no issues ordering as many as we wanted. Pizzas were delicious with lots of toppings. The staff were Very helpful in providing boxes for the leftovers. I am sorry to hear that this level of service was not experienced by everyone. Thanks op for the yearly reminder.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1473 posts
1208 upvotes
British Columbia
sherri-chan wrote: Went to Metrotown location at Burnaby BC at 8pm
Interesting... I ate in Richmond at the Ironwood location. Got there at around 5:45 - there was lots of seating when we arrived, wasn't even a quarter full from what I could see. By 6:20 the place looked full. There was maybe one or two small groups waiting when we left closer to 7 pm. Ordered 3 pizza between 2 people, took home leftovers without issue. It wasn't crazy busy all things considered. Not by a long shot.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2863 posts
2537 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Went to the one on the Coquitlam/New West border at about 9pm, place was about 3/4 full, no wait. Got my pizza relatively quickly and it tasted great.
Nobody cares which companies you use/subscribe to on a monthly basis unless there is a deal to be had. Why advertise for them in your forum signature?
May 14, 2008
408 posts
114 upvotes
Ottawa
Sorry. Don't want to sound inflammatory , but that is honestly a pretty bad reason not to tip. These kids are just trying to pay their way through school or feed their families as waiters...some have no options in terms of jobs....yet you don't want to tip because you don't like their rules about dining in. In my opinion you shouldn't dine there if you aren't willing to acknowledge a tip that would at least cover normal tip.

Sometimes it's not about hassle or money, but character.

I would like implore people to not leave a shitty tip. Yes it's a publicity stunt but make it a win win for everyone that is involved
May 14, 2008
408 posts
114 upvotes
Ottawa
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Why? When people give you trouble, you give them trouble back. Isn't this how the society work?
They have their right to force you to dine in only just to give you a hard time.
You also have the right to take only one bite and leave without a tip.
Both you and the waiter isn't wrong.

I put all the bar code of the points card in one card just to save up some space.
There was one time a person from LCBO said I cannot use it.
So I stand in front of him and download the airmiles app, while lots of people waiting behind me.
The download was painfully slow and all of us are waiting. I login the app and show him the barcode to let him scan.

I believe in you make my life easier, I make yours easier.
Quoting that guy. Sorry for double post
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
maggieandyaothecats wrote: Sorry. Don't want to sound inflammatory , but that is honestly a pretty bad reason not to tip. These kids are just trying to pay their way through school or feed their families as waiters...some have no options in terms of jobs....yet you don't want to tip because you don't like their rules about dining in. In my opinion you shouldn't dine there if you aren't willing to acknowledge a tip that would at least cover normal tip.

Sometimes it's not about hassle or money, but character.

I would like implore people to not leave a shitty tip. Yes it's a publicity stunt but make it a win win for everyone that is involved
Do you know how much they actually got paid? $12.2 an hour. With tips, they get paid more than most people. And if they got paid less than min wage after tips, the restaurant will pay the difference to make it min wage.
What make you think they deserve more paid than others who doesnt get tip? And people who work non tipping job doesn't try to live their life and feed their family? Tipping is actually an insult to the servers because that means they only treat you well if you tip. You can tip if you want, but it is no way that you have to.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Why? When people give you trouble, you give them trouble back. Isn't this how the society work?
They have their right to force you to dine in only just to give you a hard time.
You also have the right to take only one bite and leave without a tip.
Both you and the waiter isn't wrong.

I put all the bar code of the points card in one card just to save up some space.
There was one time a person from LCBO said I cannot use it.
So I stand in front of him and download the airmiles app, while lots of people waiting behind me.
The download was painfully slow and all of us are waiting. I login the app and show him the barcode to let him scan.

I believe in you make my life easier, I make yours easier.
Eh your logic is a bit flawed since it wasn’t the waiter making your life harder, however you’re making their life harder

You sound like my brother, who throws a fit like a baby when you dont do what he wants. And then he blames you for trying to make his life harder, so he will make your life harder.
Last edited by toronto19850 on Aug 14th, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
toronto19850 wrote: Eh your logic is a bit flawed since it wasn’t the waiter making your life harder, however you’re making their life harder

You sound like my brother, who throws a fit like a baby when you dont do what he wants. And then he blames you for trying to make his life harder, so he will make your idea harder.
But it is the server who make your life harder. They refuse to let you order. I know exactly what I want, and probably your brother too.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC
Good deal!
Individual pizza regular price are like $8.95 to $13.95
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
Lag333 wrote: An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. Ever heard of that ?
it is an even trade, you just get to look at the world through someone else's eye as well as your own now
May 14, 2008
408 posts
114 upvotes
Ottawa
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Do you know how much they actually got paid? $12.2 an hour. With tips, they get paid more than most people. And if they got paid less than min wage after tips, the restaurant will pay the difference to make it min wage.
What make you think they deserve more paid than others who doesnt get tip? And people who work non tipping job doesn't try to live their life and feed their family? Tipping is actually an insult to the servers because that means they only treat you well if you tip. You can tip if you want, but it is no way that you have to.
My point isnt the money they make, its that you shouldnt fault the servers. They are following rules, and doing their jobs. It states clearly dine in only, if if tihey want to bend the rules to letyou takeout, then Its their perogative. Yes its also your perogative to leave a shitty tip, but You didnt have to eat there ifyou dislike the rule. But like i said , it should be a win win for all parties invovled, but you are sounding like you are there specifically to take advantage. If you were in the servers shoes, would you want to be in that situation if you had a customerlike this?

Anyway, you say the server refussed to let you order, did you ever think it could have been because your attitude. Perhaps if you were nicer and your expectations were not to just take advantage if this, they would be a bitmoreopen to bending the rule.

Not trying to say you are a bad person, just think you might want to consider someones else’s perspectives
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: But it is the server who make your life harder. They refuse to let you order. I know exactly what I want, and probably your brother too.
The issue isn’t that you want something. It’s that you want something from a person who can’t give you it.
Kind of like asking someone for free money and then punching them because they didn’t give you it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
maggieandyaothecats wrote: My point isnt the money they make, its that you shouldnt fault the servers. They are following rules, and doing their jobs. It states clearly dine in only, if if tihey want to bend the rules to letyou takeout, then Its their perogative. Yes its also your perogative to leave a shitty tip, but You didnt have to eat there ifyou dislike the rule. But like i said , it should be a win win for all parties invovled, but you are sounding like you are there specifically to take advantage. If you were in the servers shoes, would you want to be in that situation if you had a customerlike this?

Anyway, you say the server refussed to let you order, did you ever think it could have been because your attitude. Perhaps if you were nicer and your expectations were not to just take advantage if this, they would be a bitmoreopen to bending the rule.

Not trying to say you are a bad person, just think you might want to consider someones else’s perspectives
First of all, I do not leave shitty tips. I leave no tips. Because I respect them.
Secondly, as I said, it is their right to not let you take out, but it is also our right to take only one bite and take out the rest.
If I am in the server's shoes, I would let them take out in order to avoid unnecessary work.

For your information, my server didn't refuse my order. She gladly let me order take out. And I always believe you make my life easier, I make yours easier. So I do not give people hard time until they do.
Because I want a easier life.
If a server made you dine in this time and everyone who dine in gave him a hard time.
He will learn the lesson and go easier on people next time to avoid trouble.
It is a learning process. Some people will learn without getting burn. Some need to be burnt before learning.
It is within your right to give people a hard time and get your fair share of hard time at the same time, or it they can let you take out and it is a win win situation.
If you say I try to take advantage of the offer, we all do. We all know exactly what we want and will try really hard to make it happen.
Aug 27, 2014
639 posts
397 upvotes
J-Money wrote: Just adding info to this thread, so I don’t know if anyone shared this info in the last few pages.

Went to BP in Brossard, QC today. Poster shows sale for the whole week, up to the 19th I believe, but it’s listed as 2 individual pizzas for $10, as opposed to $5 each. Only ordered 2 cause I was mainly just grabbing a beer with a friend. I’ll very likely return this week when I’m very hungry lol.

Not sure if it’s the same at all BPs in Quebec.
Same experience in Gatineau. Maybe it's a Quebec thing, or maybe those are owned by the same owners.

Waiter was nice and even told us when ordering that we could order more and bring them home.

However, the pizzas were disappointing (we shared 4 between the two of us), and even at that price I'm not sure I'd go again. I definitely wouldn't pay more than $5 for them.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
toronto19850 wrote: The issue isn’t that you want something. It’s that you want something from a person who can’t give you it.
Kind of like asking someone for free money and then punching them because they didn’t give you it.
In my opinion, this analogy is not good.
When a beggar ask you for free money, you ignore them and then they punch you in the face?
Now, that wouldn't be legal, would it? And more importantly, that is a pure revenge and a waste of energy. You still don't get what you want. (free money in your story)
In this society, I learn that it is important to do things logically and reasonably, but more importantly, legally.
You still didn't get the point. It is within our right to do it. It is logical; it is reasonable; it is legal.
They can refuse us to take out. And if it is their rule, I understand and at the same time, we also respect them by following their rules.
So when we play by their rules to get the result we want, it is completely legit. We didn't bend any rules.
Now, if they try to bend their rules to charge you regular price when you cannot finish the food and take out, it is a foul play.
You need to understand who is the good guy here. Those who play by the rules? Or those who bend the rules far and beyond just to give you hard time.

Our goal is clear, get the $5 pizza to take out. Our goal isn't to give anyone a hard time. Any unnecessary extra work to achieve our goal is a waste of energy and should be eliminated.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)