Cell Phones

Bought a Bell Locked S7 Edge, Now I need a PUK code cus i entered Unlock Code incorrect 3 times

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2017 3:46 pm
Sep 30, 2008
556 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto

Bought a Bell Locked S7 Edge, Now I need a PUK code cus i entered Unlock Code incorrect 3 times

Hey guys

Bought a Bell locked S7 Edge.

Got an unlock code service thru ebay.
It was incorrect. Entered it 3 times (my dumbness i know) and now its PUK locked.

The SIM i used to trigger the "Enter unlock code" message was my Koodo sim.

Contacted Koodo with my SIM # and they gave me a PUK code.
Its wrong.

Now I am at a loss...what am i doing wrong :S
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
:)
17 replies
Sep 27, 2003
11121 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Are you sure it's asking for a PUK code? The PUK code is linked to your SIM card, not the phone.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1399 posts
301 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Friend's don't let friend's use eBay.

It's like $18 to unlock from a reputable place.

If you're being asked for a PUK, you'll have to get it from the provider that issued you the SIM card. The PUK locks the SIM card.

PUK stands for Personal Unblocking Code. This acts as a security feature on your mobile phone. Whenever you switch the phone on, you must enter a 4 - 8 digit PIN code to enable the calling functions. If you have entered your PIN code incorrectly three times your SIM card will be locked and you will be unable to make and receive calls. To unlock it, the PUK code must be entered.

If the wrong PUK code is entered ten times in succession, the device will become permanently blocked and unrecoverable, requiring a new SIM card. All mobile phone users are therefore advised to keep their PUK written down in a safe place.

A PUK code is assigned to each SIM card by the service provider. It can be usually found on the card that is attached to your SIM card. If you lose your card with the PUK on it and do not remember the PUK code you should contact your service provider for it.
Sep 30, 2008
556 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
^^Ok.

So then would it be the PUK code for the sim that was present at the time of me entering the network unlock code incorrectly 3 times (koodo sim) orrrr the original Bell sim that came with the phone when it was purchased thru bell?
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
The phone is probably promoting you to enter the code for the sim in the phone. Change the sim card to see if you still get the prompt.
Sep 27, 2003
11121 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
OP can you post a screen shot / photo of what you're seeing. PUK code has nothing to do with the unlock code for a device when using a foreign SIM.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4351 upvotes
There is no such thing as a PUK code for a phone.
If you enter the network unlock code incorrectly 10 times, the phone will be permanently locked.

If you enter the SIM card PUK code incorrectly 10 times, the SIM card will become useless.
robertz wrote: Friend's don't let friend's use eBay.

It's like $18 to unlock from a reputable place.
:lol: "reputable"
There is that feedback system on eBay for a reason.
How about not letting your friend enter the network unlock code as if it was the SIM card's PIN code?
Sep 30, 2008
556 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Alright. Just to clarify for everyone:

1) Bought a Bell Locked S7 Edge
2) Bought a Ebay Unlock Service which provided me with an unlock code.
3) I put in my Koodo sim and the "Enter Network Unlock code" message pops up. I enter the Unlock Code i got from ebay
4) It was incorrect. Thinking I entered it incorrectly the first time, I try it again 2 more times.
5) After pressing Enter the third time and the "Incorrect network unlock code" message popping up, the message on the screen changed to Enter SIM PUK Code.

SO you are only allowed to enter an unlock code 3 times,
And then you have to enter your PUK code to reset the 3 incorrect attempts you had.
And the PUK code has a max entry attempt of 10 times.

I entered the PUK code provided by Koodo based on my SIM card #, and it DOES NOT work.
I have NOT entered the incorrect PUK code more than 10 times.
Hope this clarifies a lot of things.
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like the phone may be hard locked to bell at this point?
Last edited by audit13 on May 24th, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 27, 2003
11121 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Interesting that the phone would ask for the SIM PUK code in response to entering the Network Unlock Code incorrectly. Never heard of that.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1768 posts
759 upvotes
you wouldnt need a puk code you would need a what is called a defreeze code.
Last edited by WorldIRC on May 25th, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Self promotion is not allowed.
are we there yet?
Sep 30, 2008
556 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Ok. So anyone has further information on the defreeze code Samsung phones?
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2609 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Samsung Defreeze codes for Canadian phones are around $45-$55 cad from various unlockers.
It used be around $30-40 in the past.
Aug 30, 2012
183 posts
95 upvotes
If your phone freeze is a result of the incorrect code being inputted incorrectly too many times, it means your Samsung device is Hardlocked. You will require a Defreeze code plus a Network Code to Unlock your phone.
Sep 30, 2008
556 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Alright
So now where am i able to get one?
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1399 posts
301 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Try a Samsung store, or try calling Samsung.
Sep 30, 2008
556 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
robertz wrote: Try a Samsung store, or try calling Samsung.
Called em. No use at all.
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
Aug 30, 2012
183 posts
95 upvotes
I suggest perhaps readup on the problem on a few sites to make sure that is in fact your problem:
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Samsung-Cell-Ph ... 090/g.html
http://www.releasemycode.com/samsung-phone-freeze/
http://www.cellunlocker.net/samsung-unl ... ctions.php
Then try googling various sites including ebay for sellers of MGK codes and read the reviews .Might email some unlockers to see if they can deal with MGK codes.
As I understand the unfreeze is a MGK code. Sometimes the seller of unlock codes send an number of different codes in addition to an unlock so double check what was sent to you . Have you emailed seller and explained problem?
Might start another thread specific to MGK problems so those that solved it can add comments.