• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2021 2:58 pm
[OP]
Nov 11, 2003
337 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto

Bought counterfeit products from Walmart.ca

The quality of them is obviously different than the ones I bought from Staples store, verified the serial numbers on the package on the manufacturer's official website and none of them could be found/verified/registered.

Had to spend two hours to a Walmart store to return them.

In short, stay away from third-party sellers on walmart.ca!
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9148 upvotes
The NORTH
Third party sellers are a huge problem on marketplace's like walmart, Best Buy, Amazon... It's hard to find any reliable source of info on them and getting support from the retailer can be next to impossible. Authentic business will suffer being on a marketplace because the scam sellers just bring down the platforms.

Glad you were able to get it sorted out OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2587 posts
1492 upvotes
Ontario
Stay away from third-party sellers ANYWHERE!
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6921 posts
4655 upvotes
SW ON
The Bay? Really???
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4565 posts
2120 upvotes
Edmonton
cba123 wrote: Choose any category, then click on filters, you should find a Sold By filter.

They don't make it obvious when shopping.
I think thats the key problem for these sites - People assume they are at whatever store, and the item they buy is sold from them. You would assume if you're shopping walmart.ca, the item is going to be from Walmart. Some sites like bestbuy are terrible, where often 3/4 of the results arent even from Bestbuy.

Not all third party sellers are bad, but alot of stuff coming out of China can be questionable. Often with amazon though, the exact same item might be fufilled by Amazon, but sold by xyz vendor. Many of the same items are all coming from China regardless, so they just get rebranded, etc under multiple sellers. Typically just try and pick the one that has the easier return policy.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7349 posts
8020 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
At least with Walmart you can return anything that's priced under $150 to a retail store so as long as you're not paying shipping on top of it it straight-up removes a ton of the risk from buying stuff from third-party sellers on there.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5271 posts
3735 upvotes
Vancouver
I never buy from BB, WM, or even amazon non fulfilled by amazon. I mean if i want to buy from 3rd party, might as well go aliexpress/ebay given the protection are similar and generally the exact same seller will list the same item there for less (and ship from the same location).