Shopping Discussion

Bought Home - Buy stacked appliances with discount?

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1059 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto

Bought Home - Buy stacked appliances with discount?

Not sure where to post this. I recently bought house frm developer and came with no appliances.

I need to buy all stainless steel appliances. No Dark

Fridge with Water dispenser
Electric Stove
Dishwasher
Dryer/Washer
Over the air Microwave
Range Hood.

quoting me $8300 including tax online.

is there any other place i can go to get discount on multiple purchases?

I read Samsung appliances have lot issues.

i'm thinking, Frigidaire, Whirlpool, LG?
11 replies
Penalty Box
Feb 29, 2008
11761 posts
6905 upvotes
Just stay away from Samsung. They are garbage. Also stay away from gimicky crap which is the 1st to break. Frigidaire and whirpool. Kitchen Aid is decent as well. A lot of appliance stores will give you a discount if you buy 3 or more appliances.

STAY AWAY FROM THE BRICK.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3022 posts
1867 upvotes
Montreal
Look up the actual models and see what others sell them for, and if you are actually getting discount from the developer.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
13541 posts
10820 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
You’ll find the RFD Home & Garden Forum has a lot of threads on Appliances
home-garden-f53/

(It’s prob where the RFD Mods will move this topic to)

Agree with the others.
Stay away from LG & Samsung ... and The Brick & any discount Appliance Stores
(Again lots of threads on RFD concerning all these ... and their problems ... also Reviews all over the www. You can GOOGLE for more info )

Don’t get locked into the idea of having to buy a one brand suite.

Yes you’ll get a discount ... BUT you may not be getting the best appliance for your money.
As not every Co does all 7 of these items well (understandable)

Example ... GENERALLY SPEAKING ... Maytag is exceptionally good on wet appliances like Washers & Dishwashers.
But iffy on Fridges & Stoves.
Frigidaire is good for Fridges & Stove
Etc

My best advice ... do your homework / research
Look at Consumers Reports on anything you are considering (independent evaluation ... much better than Reviews you’ll find online tied to the Manufacture’s websites)

Used to be Sears was the best place to buy ... Pricing, Sales Service, Delivery, Installation, Take Away, Warranty ... and After Care / Repairs
Sadly they are no more
These days ... Costco comes the closest
Lowes isn’t far behind
Or some Mom & Pop Furniture & Appliance Stores ... or the smaller local stores / chains

If you can hold off ...
Autumn is the best time to buy most appliances ... as the NEW models come out
And stores will have featured sales on those
As well as clear out sales on last years models

Exception ... Fridges & ACs ... where NEW Models change over in the Spring not Fall
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeown ... ances.html
Jun 21, 2011
747 posts
83 upvotes
YYZ
Cas will offer a multi product discount. They did for me
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10477 posts
6731 upvotes
GTA, ON
You pretty much can always ask for a discount if you're buying that many appliance. Depending on the company, it's likely the salesperson is working off commission.

-Consensus is stay away from Samsung lines.
-A lot of people like LG for washer/dryers
-A lot of people have commented great things about Bosch dishwashers
-Fridge is the luck of the draw with any brand

Costco you'll get the extra warranty for a good price but of course there is no haggling.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Nov 1, 2001
767 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
JayLove06 wrote: Just stay away from Samsung. They are garbage. Also stay away from gimicky crap which is the 1st to break. Frigidaire and whirpool. Kitchen Aid is decent as well. A lot of appliance stores will give you a discount if you buy 3 or more appliances.

STAY AWAY FROM THE BRICK.
My townhouse came with beautiful stainless steel samsung appliances. Unfortunately a lightning storm messed up the electronics and the fridge and freezer will not reach their cold temps unless I completely turn off and defrost fridge. I needed a second fridge because this happened so often. I curse samsung
Penalty Box
Feb 29, 2008
11761 posts
6905 upvotes
ranjeet2000 wrote: My townhouse came with beautiful stainless steel samsung appliances. Unfortunately a lightning storm messed up the electronics and the fridge and freezer will not reach their cold temps unless I completely turn off and defrost fridge. I needed a second fridge because this happened so often. I curse samsung
Samsung looks nice and has all the bells and whistles....good price too. But they aren't built to last. Cheap crap. Stick to buying their TVs.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13024 posts
7959 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from Korean appliances, like faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!