Bought a new sofa and it’s not comfortable:( what to do

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 9:58 am
[OP]
Jan 22, 2017
263 posts
163 upvotes

Bought a new sofa and it’s not comfortable:( what to do

Hi, I bought a 2 seater Elran recliner sofa a few weeks back. I tried the sofa at the store for a good 30 minutes and it was very comfortable. They are custom made with the material we select.

The sofa was 3500$ + tax and it’s going to be used exclusively for our home theater room.

Anyway, the issue is that the padding is really thin and the more I use it, the more pack the padding become. It’s only been a few weeks and when I recline the chair my back is almost directly over a piece of hard wood. It’s really uncomfortable.

Any idea what I can do, is there a warranty for comfort?

I’m going to go back to the store to see what can be done, but I would like to have feedback from anyone who faced similar issues.

Thank tou
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5154 posts
2576 upvotes
I’ll start off with what store did you buy it from?
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13773 posts
8811 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
If you're shipping it back, make sure to lend a helping hand.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35227 posts
21212 upvotes
Center of Universe
Cheapo-Findo wrote: If you're shipping it back, make sure to lend a helping hand.

That's normal.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5154 posts
2576 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: If you're shipping it back, make sure to lend a helping hand.

Kind of ridiculous to expect one person to deliver/pick up such an item
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide