Expired Hot Deals

[Bowcycle] Blue Light Special Sale (Calgary)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2019 9:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2147 posts
795 upvotes

Blue Light Special Sale (Calgary)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Bowcycle
I went to one a few years ago and the sale is actually pretty good.

Anyone picking up a thule bike rack on Sun?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6616 posts
6118 upvotes
Calgary
Seks wrote: I went to one a few years ago and the sale is actually pretty good.

Anyone picking up a thule bike rack on Sun?
Every year this sales declines in quality. The Thule discount was much larger at Sport Chek with the employee pricing codes. If the Thule Sport Chek carries are what you need. The very limited sizing and quantity in their sale bikes is not good this year.
Apr 7, 2007
718 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary, AB
If you are in Calgary and need pedals, helmets, etc. this is a good sale. Good to support a local business instead of purchasing from Chain Reaction or some such place.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3210 posts
786 upvotes
Calgary
cheapmother wrote: If you are in Calgary and need pedals, helmets, etc. this is a good sale. Good to support a local business instead of purchasing from Chain Reaction or some such place.
If you want to donate to charity there are better options.

If a UK or German store can sell me an item (made in China or even the USA) for significantly less than a Calgary store, including shipping across the planet, then I'll go with the less expensive option. Specifically at Bow, I was trying to use my Bow Bucks while shopping for Assos clothes. On a slow day, store empty, I asked for help twice at the parts counter, no one came. Too busy socializing about the Flames game ( I could hear them). If the owner trio are not in the store, the sales service sucks.

Everything else being equal, or if you need the service, support local.
Apr 7, 2007
718 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary, AB
lewdvig wrote: If you want to donate to charity there are better options.

If a UK or German store can sell me an item (made in China or even the USA) for significantly less than a Calgary store, including shipping across the planet, then I'll go with the less expensive option. Specifically at Bow, I was trying to use my Bow Bucks while shopping for Assos clothes. On a slow day, store empty, I asked for help twice at the parts counter, no one came. Too busy socializing about the Flames game ( I could hear them). If the owner trio are not in the store, the sales service sucks.

Everything else being equal, or if you need the service, support local.
LOL, I agree. Don't go to a store that you think sucks. But if you don't think the store sucks and it's local then I think you should patronize it.
I've never had service problems at Bow Cycle but I'm an assertive guy so I would have just walked up and interrupted their small talk and asked for service.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6616 posts
6118 upvotes
Calgary
cheapmother wrote: LOL, I agree. Don't go to a store that you think sucks. But if you don't think the store sucks and it's local then I think you should patronize it.
I've never had service problems at Bow Cycle but I'm an assertive guy so I would have just walked up and interrupted their small talk and asked for service.
Yup, I agree. I heard they are hurting a bit at Bow right now too. I’m sure they are feeling the minimum wage increases in Alberta and the downturn in Calgary. I still always buy local when I can.