Sports & Recreation

Boxer abandons fight and walks out of ring

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2018 4:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 14, 2009
15174 posts
6195 upvotes

Boxer abandons fight and walks out of ring



LOL
I am a Zoomer customer.
10 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4602 upvotes
Montréal
What I don't get is why boxing is still popular in light of MMA?
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
47130 posts
10301 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
tranquility922 wrote: What I don't get is why boxing is still popular in light of MMA?
Its still 2 people beating each other up Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I looooove basketball. I never cared for soccer... both have teams trying to get a ball in net, albeit in a different fashion. But the spirit of team sport competition is there Electric Light Bulb
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4602 upvotes
Montréal
UrbanPoet wrote: Its still 2 people beating each other up Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I looooove basketball. I never cared for soccer... both have teams trying to get a ball in net, albeit in a different fashion. But the spirit of team sport competition is there Electric Light Bulb
True but boxing is a subset of mma, and on top of that seems more corrupt, so don't get its continued appeal.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
22481 posts
3773 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote: True but boxing is a subset of mma, and on top of that seems more corrupt, so don't get its continued appeal.
while MMA incorporates more fighting styles and techniques and has become mainstream the last decade or so - boxing has been around forever. The sweet science will always have appeal I think - just the ups and downs of appeal to the general public...

Boxing industry typically will shoot itself in the foot (i.e. the corruption) but I'm hoping the recent years have been pretty in quelling the corruption.

Saw this vid this morning - can't blame the boxer for walking out....Ajaba is an absolute beast. one look by Harper and he had to walk away. He's probably thinking "I'm not getting paid enough to be smashed by that guy!!!" LOL
Sr. Member
Nov 12, 2014
936 posts
638 upvotes
Kingston, ON
I read that he wanted to review/see his contract before the fight and wasn't allowed or able to....so he walked.
Sr. Member
Sep 23, 2013
517 posts
298 upvotes
Windsor, Ontario
ji2o0k wrote: while MMA incorporates more fighting styles and techniques and has become mainstream the last decade or so - boxing has been around forever. The sweet science will always have appeal I think - just the ups and downs of appeal to the general public...

Boxing industry typically will shoot itself in the foot (i.e. the corruption) but I'm hoping the recent years have been pretty in quelling the corruption.

Saw this vid this morning - can't blame the boxer for walking out....Ajaba is an absolute beast. one look by Harper and he had to walk away. He's probably thinking "I'm not getting paid enough to be smashed by that guy!!!" LOL
You're right, boxing is deeply ingrained on a global scale, it's been around for far too long to not get this level of appeal. The problem is that the corruption is still blatantly obvious and very recent (GGG vs Canelo).

It sucks that the guy waited so long to bail on the fight, but yeah, brain damage isn't fun haha
Life and Health Insurance Agent.
Licensed with 8 companies, access to nearly a dozen more.
Newbie
Jun 18, 2018
21 posts
10 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote: True but boxing is a subset of mma, and on top of that seems more corrupt, so don't get its continued appeal.
Some people don't find grappling, wrestling, bjj interesting, even kickboxing/muay thai to some extent. It's a certain form of "art" that some people still want to see in it's purer form. Just like say, crossfit includes a whole lot of different disciplines, but you won't see the individual disciplines disappear anytime soon even though crossfit and crossfit games has been made more mainstream and lucrative.

I think a perfect example of this throughout the past decades are triathlons. It mixes all 3 but the 3 disciplines still get their own respect/coverage
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4602 upvotes
Montréal
zephillou wrote: Some people don't find grappling, wrestling, bjj interesting, even kickboxing/muay thai to some extent. It's a certain form of "art" that some people still want to see in it's purer form. Just like say, crossfit includes a whole lot of different disciplines, but you won't see the individual disciplines disappear anytime soon even though crossfit and crossfit games has been made more mainstream and lucrative.

I think a perfect example of this throughout the past decades are triathlons. It mixes all 3 but the 3 disciplines still get their own respect/coverage
Good pt. I'm just looking at it from the angle of it's basically one man wanting to beat up another, so why have what's essentially a hand tied behind one's back? Just let them tangle w/ less restrictions.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 4, 2018
93 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
thats awful.. cant believe he did that
I am a licensed Mortgage Broker in the Vancouver / Lower Mainland area.

Top