• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2019 10:50 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
11973 posts
137827 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Customer service goes both ways. Sometimes, staff tried really hard to help as much as they can, but some staff aren't paid for that task and assigned to other part of the store. If a staff goes out of the way to help, then management can give them crap for not doing their assigned job, etc.

As for a customer, they should try to be more respectful, towards staff and their fellow customers around. These days, customers are thinking about themselves and doesn't even care how they affected others around. You do it for your own conveniences, nothing else. Like not putting back the carts where it suppose to be in the parking lot. Or even park your cart in the middle of the aisle while looking at something. Hell, parking in non-parking area, blocking others going in and out. Throwing those paper coffee cups anywhere they desire! Talking on their cell phone at the cash. Best, unable to use the bathroom without pissing / crapping everywhere. I can't imagine how they live at home.

Everything is screwed up, in both retail standing point and the customers. But, customers always win mentally... It's everywhere. I wish CBC would actually do an article about bad customers...

Ju Leon...
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2103 posts
1345 upvotes
How does she beg and plea when she can't speak due to surgery?

I'm curious how the exchange happened. Not to say the story is not true but news article often exaggerates the story to get readers riled up to increase readership.

We're never going to hear the other side of the story from no frills. Whatever they say is going to be rewritten into a PR nightmare.
May 21, 2015
850 posts
406 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
It would have taken barely a minute for the cashier to have said to the next customer in line,, Excuse me for a moment while I help this customer " then quickly helped the woman put the stuff in her bags and got back to checking out customer.. and none of this would have happened and only a low life scumbag would bitch about it.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1364 posts
408 upvotes
Calgary
slimysnot wrote: How does she beg and plea when she can't speak due to surgery?

I'm curious how the exchange happened. Not to say the story is not true but news article often exaggerates the story to get readers riled up to increase readership.

We're never going to hear the other side of the story from no frills. Whatever they say is going to be rewritten into a PR nightmare.
Mime it? Grunts and broken speech?
Banned
Jan 12, 2015
4107 posts
27310 upvotes
slimysnot wrote: How does she beg and plea when she can't speak due to surgery?

She is able to speak via a voice prosthesis - an artificial device, usually made of silicone that is used in conjunction with voice therapy to help laryngectomized patients to speak.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/dis ... -1.5032255