• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2021 12:37 am
Tags:
Dec 1, 2012
74 posts
50 upvotes

BRA Agreement

Quick question for the experts....

Signed a 3 month contract with a goofy amateur realtor for Hamilton jurisdiction as it states on paper and now I am no longer interested in that area.

I am looking in the Peel / Halton etc now, am I legally able to use a new realtor?

Thanks.
8 replies
Penalty Box
Mar 27, 2004
10493 posts
9009 upvotes
Toronto
yes
Full-time Realtor
Dec 1, 2012
74 posts
50 upvotes
So a different real estate agent in each jurisdiction no problemo, no consequence. Lol
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2010
1625 posts
3388 upvotes
GTA
easypicks wrote: So a different real estate agent in each jurisdiction no problemo, no consequence. Lol
That isn’t absurd. Some agent based in the westend probably wouldn’t be super familiar with houses in Durham nor want to commute there for viewings every day
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
1621 posts
766 upvotes
GTA
Ideally, you should inform the agent you are no longer interested in working with him/her and sign a cancellation form to sever the ties formally instead of ghosting them and moving onto a new realtor, but nothing's stopping you from doing it.
CPA. Realtor.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1310 posts
761 upvotes
Oshawa
Better to call the broker since that is who the contact is actually with, not the agent.
Clueless Fox wrote: Ideally, you should inform the agent you are no longer interested in working with him/her and sign a cancellation form to sever the ties formally instead of ghosting them and moving onto a new realtor, but nothing's stopping you from doing it.
Oct 6, 2020
345 posts
761 upvotes
If you signed up for detached freehold homes in Hamilton and for example want to start looking in Burlington or even condos in Hamilton, you can have another realtor represent you if you want. I honestly advocate for signing BRA for a specific address to avoid tying you down to someone you don't want to work with in the future.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3839 posts
7802 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
HotDeals20 wrote: If you signed up for detached freehold homes in Hamilton and for example want to start looking in Burlington or even condos in Hamilton, you can have another realtor represent you if you want. I honestly advocate for signing BRA for a specific address to avoid tying you down to someone you don't want to work with in the future.
This
RE Broker
Dec 1, 2012
74 posts
50 upvotes
Thanks everyone who gave a moment to comment here.

Lots of love from me!

👌🏻