• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 11:31 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1662 posts
844 upvotes

Brake replacement kit suggestion ?

Is Rockauto still the best place in terms of value to buy a brake kit [rotors & pads]. Looking to change them to get rid of the screeching sound.
Was looking at this one RA brake kit

Any place that locally doesn't rip you off to get the same stuff in GTA ? Or even just the pads ?

2014 Nissan Altima
Buy now
6 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37869 posts
23965 upvotes
Center of Universe
Of you're not looking to install economy parts, yes, RA is still best.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11568 posts
2177 upvotes
Guelph
I see a lot of people get the max brake sets from amazon.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37869 posts
23965 upvotes
Center of Universe
squall458 wrote: I see a lot of people get the max brake sets from amazon.
Garbage...stay away.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6727 posts
4296 upvotes
Toronto
If you are looking to buy power stop, cross shop with amazon.ca. Sometimes, it's cheaper to buy front and rear separately and othertimes, their higher models are cheaper on amazon.

Also, don't buy maxbrakes or anything that resemble maxbrakes in terms of price and blackshitjob they do like above link.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4004 posts
3203 upvotes
Ottawa
The coated kits from RA seem like a good option for your car. I haven't seen Amazon carry the coated versions whether they are kits or rotors only. The shipping cost for rotors will be high because they are heavy so I'd get other stuff to make the shipping cost worth it and it's still better than getting them from Canada.

The other option is EBC Brake Kits (the RK series) on Amazon but shipping will be delayed because Amazon doesn't have them in stock.

For the price that you pay from RA and doing it yourself, get a good quality set to last you 4-5 years and don't cheap out. Stay away from Maxbrakes and no name to avoid aggravations.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)