Expired Hot Deals

[Brands in Motion] Baby Jogger City Tour LUX stroller $239.99 after 40% discount

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2020 10:51 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 16, 2017
112 posts
120 upvotes

Baby Jogger City Tour LUX stroller $239.99 after 40% discount

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
40%
Retailer:
Brands in Motion
Just came out of my Gmail's oven. Baby jogger throwing a 40% off on their City Tour LUX stroller.

NOTE: While the ad came to my email from baby jogger email, the sale is posted on a different site (find it strange to be honest). I confirm the url is legit as I also reached it from babyjogger.ca website as well. The url is

https://shop.brandsinmotion.ca/products/tourlux

Happy shopping
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 30th, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
9 replies
Aug 3, 2010
219 posts
402 upvotes
North York
We’re expecting in August, does anyone have any recommendations in a travel system as we will need a car seat as well? We considered the stroller in the OP for the price and features but the car seat that would go with it is $329. Is it a good deal still to get both?
Feb 16, 2003
486 posts
88 upvotes
Stroller seems to be a good deal as it is portable and can still take an infant seat. Pair it with the Chicco Keyfit 30 which is on sale at Bestbuy for $220 and an adapter for $60 and $520 seems to be a good deal.

Adapter - https://shop.brandsinmotion.ca/collecti ... at-adaptor
Chicco Keyfit 30 - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ch ... n/12855774
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3646 posts
2519 upvotes
Toronto
qdn745 wrote: We’re expecting in August, does anyone have any recommendations in a travel system as we will need a car seat as well? We considered the stroller in the OP for the price and features but the car seat that would go with it is $329. Is it a good deal still to get both?
Congrats, expecting for August too Person With Folded Hands. We got the UPPA baby Vista stroller and car seat system. It was on sale at the Bay a few months ago so we jumped on it.
Jun 7, 2019
34 posts
35 upvotes
Thank you OP!!

Even at the full price, this was the cheapest stroller that met all my requirements - lightweight, compact fold, reversible seat, suspension. Since we are not going anywhere out for sometime due to the covid, i deferred the purchase hoping to see a sale. And this was it!! :)

The only concern I have is that some reviews complain about canopy falling back down when the seat is reclined. Will see how it goes.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16934 posts
1784 upvotes
Thornhill
We got this on clearance at TRU a while back and we like it.
qdn745 wrote: We’re expecting in August, does anyone have any recommendations in a travel system as we will need a car seat as well? We considered the stroller in the OP for the price and features but the car seat that would go with it is $329. Is it a good deal still to get both?
Baby Jogger is weird in that you can stick almost any car seat into it, but have to buy an adapter in the range of $60 to $100... even Baby Jogger car seats (facepalm). Anyway, we got the Peg Perego 4-35 SIP because it worked well for our first kid. Wife wanted a lighter car seat and the Baby Jogger seat was a pound heavier.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4813 posts
870 upvotes
We went with the Britax b safe infant seat and the Britax b-ready stroller. We're using it now for our second kid too.

One important thing to know is that you want a stroller with big wheels. The big wheels help with pushing the stroller through snow.

However, you'll need to consider the size of your vehicle too. If you have a small car stick with a smaller stroller like the Britax b-agile.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Jun 1, 2005
959 posts
261 upvotes
GVR
The Mountain Buggy posted up above takes any car seat, since you basically open it up to lie flat, put on any infant seat, and then tie it via bungee cords (more or less). Ever since we bought our Nano, we stopped using our Nuna stroller altogether, even though the Nuna was a lot smoother and can carry more stuff. Also a bonus is that the Nano fits into an overhead compartment of a plane

If you live in the city and are constantly walking out your door strolling around the neighborhood/shops over sidewalks, cobblestones, etc, then investing a bigger travel system will be worth it. But if you are planning on putting a stroller in a trunk and driving to places with nice smooth paved walkways, then don't bother with a bigger one like Uppababy Vista, Nuna Mixx, etc.

The Nano isn't without its faults, but it really depends on what you are looking for. You may just end up with more than 1 stroller, like the most of us :)
Aug 3, 2010
219 posts
402 upvotes
North York
We decided to go with the Graco Modes Click Connect Travel System on sale For $329.99 at BestBuy right now (backordered though): https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/gr ... x/13371086

It seems to be the best value for the features and flexibility we need. What are y’all’s thoughts on it?

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations!