Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bed Bath And Beyond

Breville BES870XL Espresso Machine $639.99 (discount from 799.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2022 4:50 pm
Aug 11, 2016
343 posts
325 upvotes
eahmed wrote: A very good machine IMO as has performed solid for 10+ years now. I am on my second one as the first I sold due to a move. Good resale as well. I wasn't aware you aren't supposed to descale. I use it daily for a drink (sometimes two) backflush once a week with tablet. Descale every 6 months. O Rings I change when needed (maybe every other year or so)
I have a palm tamper not sold on the doser yet. Also recommend removing the plastic plate in the portafilter. Was thinking of getting a naked portafilter but after due diligence its not worth it IMO.
Also recommend cleaning the steam nozzle with a paperclip or something as that can cause issues by clogging up.
Here is my attempt at latte art :)
Whats an O-ring? I dont think ive ever changed that
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2017
1733 posts
1797 upvotes
eahmed wrote: A very good machine IMO as has performed solid for 10+ years now. I am on my second one as the first I sold due to a move. Good resale as well. I wasn't aware you aren't supposed to descale. I use it daily for a drink (sometimes two) backflush once a week with tablet. Descale every 6 months. O Rings I change when needed (maybe every other year or so)
I have a palm tamper not sold on the doser yet. Also recommend removing the plastic plate in the portafilter. Was thinking of getting a naked portafilter but after due diligence its not worth it IMO.
Also recommend cleaning the steam nozzle with a paperclip or something as that can cause issues by clogging up.
Here is my attempt at latte art :)
Latte art looks good! What cleaning tablets are you using, I need to get more!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2011
1241 posts
1916 upvotes
ead009 wrote: Whats an O-ring? I dont think ive ever changed that
chris416yyz wrote: Latte art looks good! What cleaning tablets are you using, I need to get more!
The gasket needs replacing as the plastic gives away and you won't get a proper seal after a year or two depending on how much you use the machine. When you are cleaning shower screen (you need to take it out) you will notice the ring.
I use cafiza e31 for the flush and leave the frothing tip for milk in the flushed water to get rid of the residue from milk.
Also I removed the hex screw to a Philips one. Can share the size if you need to do the same as the original is a pain to deal with
Dec 26, 2008
631 posts
344 upvotes
Ottawa
Pulled the trigger. Anyone knows that if I can return an openbox/used machine to BedbathandBeyond in case it is not what I expect? I saw they have 60 days for small appliance.
Apr 3, 2018
296 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa
my order has been cancelled....
Dec 26, 2008
631 posts
344 upvotes
Ottawa
Fechin wrote: my order has been cancelled....
sh*t, my order is cancelled as well, but I have not received the email yet, only a text message.
Apr 3, 2018
296 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa
Aymer wrote: sh*t, my order is cancelled as well, but I have not received the email yet, only a text message.
me too... text message only...sign
Apr 24, 2014
993 posts
2463 upvotes
rrroxanne wrote: I love this machine. I've had mine since 2015. Still going strong. I remember paying $439 for it during Amazon Prime Black Friday. (Reg price back then was $699) Crazy to see how much it's gone up!
Same here but in 2017. It was on the deal of the day sale for $480 when I bought mine.
samung692 wrote: Tried and true machine with a ton of accessories and parts on the market. Upvoting for a decent deal. Recommending a few game-changing things for those of you getting or have this already:

In this order:
Digital Mini Scale (Consistent grind amount to extraction) - $20
Weighted Distributer and tamper 53cm (Even tamping. The one that comes with just isn't good enough) - $40
Dosing Funnel 53cm (Prevents spilling grinds) - $15
Make your own WDT at home - Free
Single Dose Grinder -Niche/DF64/Eureka (expensive, but a step up in shot quality for sure) - $550+
IMS Shower Screen and Basket (for some extra crema and flavour depth) - $80
And of course, always fresh roasted coffee .
Nice selection of accessories. The only accessory I bought is this 54mm dosing funnel from Amazon to minimize the mess.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09PZ6 ... UTF8&psc=1

As well, all Breville espresso owners should buy replacement gasket/steam rings for their machines. My gasket has finally broke down in after ~ 4+ years of daily use. You will never know when the gasket will break until you see hot water/espresso spraying out of the machine.

I bought a few from Forum Home Appliances Inc for $8 in February. Now, it has increased to $10 each.

https://forumappliances.com/products/br ... c730&_ss=r
Wear shoes instead of sandals or going barefoot when walking to the smoker/grill.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2011
1241 posts
1916 upvotes
uofs09 wrote: Same here but in 2017. It was on the deal of the day sale for $480 when I bought mine.

Nice selection of accessories. The only accessory I bought is this 54mm dosing funnel from Amazon to minimize the mess.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09PZ6 ... UTF8&psc=1

As well, all Breville espresso owners should buy replacement gasket/steam rings for their machines. My gasket has finally broke down in after ~ 4+ years of daily use. You will never know when the gasket will break until you see hot water/espresso spraying out of the machine.

I bought a few from Forum Home Appliances Inc for $8 in February. Now, it has increased to $10 each.

https://forumappliances.com/products/br ... c730&_ss=r
Bummer for the folks who got the orders cancelled the ramp up in price for the barista express has been astonishing but I guess they keep selling them so why not. My local service dealer was selling a refurbished version for cheaper but not by much Imo ( around 200-250 less than MSRP)
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
2101 posts
799 upvotes
ORLEANS
The subscription coupon doesn’t work on this machine anymore?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1501 posts
651 upvotes
Montreal,QC
opened it 2 days ago, been playing with it, messy but it's getting there. been using lavazza crema e aroma (costco). anything that comes out from the Breville is much better than the philips superauto (prime day)

color is nice, taste is getting better, noticed double basket (non pressurized) is much better than single basket., was able to get the extraction on point (middle of the range) with grind size 3 at near 30 sec extraction.

did a lot of YouTube. I found this guy in YT, specifically for this machine BBE

https://youtube.com/c/HoonsCoffee

have fun!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2011
1241 posts
1916 upvotes
irodeo wrote: opened it 2 days ago, been playing with it, messy but it's getting there. been using lavazza crema e aroma (costco). anything that comes out from the Breville is much better than the philips superauto (prime day)

color is nice, taste is getting better, noticed double basket (non pressurized) is much better than single basket., was able to get the extraction on point (middle of the range) with grind size 3 at near 30 sec extraction.

did a lot of YouTube. I found this guy in YT, specifically for this machine BBE

https://youtube.com/c/HoonsCoffee

have fun!
Ok just some input from years of working with this machine. I double tamp the grinds. Single dose tamp and then another dose to tamp on a dbl basket. I have found local roasted beans give good results and am using farmers blend by Balzac sold at Costco as find it fresher. Lavazza and William Spartivento beans require a lot more qty and tamping to get ideal results. Kirkland espresso beans are a disaster so are the ones from Starbucks. Milk I am using 2% organic. Palm tamper are way better to use but won't work with the doser accessory.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1501 posts
651 upvotes
Montreal,QC
eahmed wrote: Ok just some input from years of working with this machine. I double tamp the grinds. Single dose tamp and then another dose to tamp on a dbl basket. I have found local roasted beans give good results and am using farmers blend by Balzac sold at Costco as find it fresher. Lavazza and William Spartivento beans require a lot more qty and tamping to get ideal results. Kirkland espresso beans are a disaster so are the ones from Starbucks. Milk I am using 2% organic. Palm tamper are way better to use but won't work with the doser accessory.
thanks ! I saw the Balzac medium roast at Costco for about 17$ yesterday. will give it a try

do you recommend a palm tamper? I've noticed the one that comes with it is not perfect fit.

was eyeing a tamper/distributer
Feb 25, 2015
531 posts
295 upvotes
Montreal, QC
It's better to get an espresso machine separated from the grinder. You will have the freedom to upgrade any of them without issue. Also if the grinder fails and you need to replace the grinder, you will be stuck with an espresso machine taking extra useless space.
Even cost wise a bambino + SGP on special will be less expensive
Oct 17, 2003
561 posts
177 upvotes
Fredericton
They must be doing a firesale of old stock with the newer Barista Express coming out.
Oct 16, 2002
834 posts
674 upvotes
DarthV wrote: They must be doing a firesale of old stock with the newer Barista Express coming out.
Hardly a firesale with prices 50% up from deals 2 years ago.
Oct 17, 2003
561 posts
177 upvotes
Fredericton
methyl wrote: Hardly a firesale with prices 50% up from deals 2 years ago.
Oh the new model is called the Barista Express Impress and looks to be ummmm massively overpriced. Doubt the current model is going anywhere!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2011
1241 posts
1916 upvotes
irodeo wrote: thanks ! I saw the Balzac medium roast at Costco for about 17$ yesterday. will give it a try

do you recommend a palm tamper? I've noticed the one that comes with it is not perfect fit.

was eyeing a tamper/distributer
Yes I prefer a palm tamper as its easier to get a good tamp with it no to mention its easier on the wrist. I am using grind level 4 for Balzac Farmer's blend (5 grind setting for Balzac Espresso blend)
I mentioned earlier as well I have removed the plastic plate from the portafilter as I noticed you get a hotter temp shot that way :)
Enjoy your purchase as I haven't looked back since I bought it.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4653 posts
1087 upvotes
Toronto
verby wrote: how come did the price went so high on these? I've got one couple of years ago at the bay for like $470 after some coupons.
using daily, very happy with the machine.
Inflation, dude!
Mar 4, 2009
492 posts
283 upvotes
Waterloo
eahmed wrote: Ok just some input from years of working with this machine. I double tamp the grinds. Single dose tamp and then another dose to tamp on a dbl basket. I have found local roasted beans give good results and am using farmers blend by Balzac sold at Costco as find it fresher. Lavazza and William Spartivento beans require a lot more qty and tamping to get ideal results. Kirkland espresso beans are a disaster so are the ones from Starbucks. Milk I am using 2% organic. Palm tamper are way better to use but won't work with the doser accessory.
Thanks, bought Balzac from Costco off your reco (have been always on Lavazza as I found it the most consistent).
Interesting note about higher dosages for Lavazza. How many grams do you aim for with Balzac for each of your two single dose tamps?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)