Shopping Discussion

The brick and defective chair

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2019 11:47 am
Jul 21, 2018
13 posts
2 upvotes

The brick and defective chair

Hi folks. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the brick offering what seems to be a weird lowball compensation for a product under warranty.

I had a severe weird injury in 2014 and with the insurance money I got a massage chair from the brick in 2015. I used it to supplement physiotherapy. It had one small problem early on that was fixed easily and quickly.

Now, it doesn't work. It hasn't been used even once a week but the remote died or who knows what. Nobody technical has checked it out. Just the brick warranty person who didnt know the product.

They are offering us the original money back as a store credit or a much lower amount in a refund.

They don't even sell these chairs anymore as far as I can tell. We have 30 days to decide.

Has anyone had a similar experience and has advice for us?

Thank you!!
6 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
You are not alone in your Warranty Issues with The Brick

A few From RFD:

brick-extended-warranty-2197518/#p30360696

the-brick-dont-buy-anything-thebrick-fu ... #p30359142

appliance-warranty-claim-brick-2160891/#p30358134

And one from CBC:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.2686015

My BEST ADVICE ... don’t shop there
They have a lonnnng history of poor Customer Service
(Like 30+ Years long)

They stay in business solely by attracting unsuspecting newcomers who are out to buy furniture, appliances, mattresses for the first time in their lives

Which is pretty much an endless supply of folks looking to save some money
Everyone of them getting sucked in by their flashy ads

(little known fact, The Brick was even ordered to change their ad Program, because it misrepresented the business due to so much bait & switch... and other sneaky tactics)

No doubt you’ve learned a hard lesson
And will be like most of their PAST Customers (myself included)... where one encounter was more than enough!
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Will the original money back in store credit be enough to replace it with a new one? Or is it not needed anymore at all?

At least they're offering that though, when the couches I had had all the padding in the arms shift to one side and one foot rest had the lining rip under the foot rest and the padding fall out they basically turned around and said too bad and did nothing to help us.

If it's enough to replace it or purchase other furniture that you would have a use for then I'd say that's fair. However offering a lower amount back as a refund is also not good of course.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9093 upvotes
Toronto
AndreaT11452 wrote: Hi folks. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the brick offering what seems to be a weird lowball compensation for a product under warranty.
The Brick??? ..... LOL... good luck
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Jul 21, 2018
13 posts
2 upvotes
I hear you. They were the only accessible retailer that carried the chairs, unfortunately Face With Rolling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9474 posts
2650 upvotes
If you're still looking for a decent massage chair checkout the ones at costco.ca. If the cash back is enough to cover the cost of one from Costco, I'd do it.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Only buy Panasonic or Inada.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)