Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Brick

RCA 65" 4K UHD TV HOT BUY! $1099.00

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2015 12:11 am
Tags:
Feb 7, 2007
34 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary

[The Brick] RCA 65" 4K UHD TV HOT BUY! $1099.00

Saw the Brick had an RCA 65" 4k TV for $1099 in their flyer. Anyone know anything about these or if they are any good?
31 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2007
2959 posts
463 upvotes
Montreal
RCA = Stay away
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10229 posts
3143 upvotes
Montreal
RCA Canada is owned by Curtco International Ltd. , they buy no name crap from China and rebrand it. Not worth the risk of $1000!

DO NOT BUY RCA products in Canada! UTTER JUNK WITH ZERO WARRANTY with RCA Canada (aka Curtis).

BBB Canada complains against Curtco/Curtis/RCA http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-r ... complaints
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1375 posts
505 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought a cheap $200 42" 1080p rca a few years ago on a great sale. Even at that price I'm not completely happy with it. But for the bedroom it's just fine. I urge everyone to stay away from spending a lot of cash on this brand, it's fine for a throwaway extra TV somewhere but don't buy a large one and don't expect to be satisfied no matter how little you pay.
Banned
Jun 19, 2003
629 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
RCA?? No thanks. (Curtis)

The Brick??? No thanks.
Feb 7, 2007
34 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
Redscott wrote: [IMG]http://www.hdtvexpert.com/wp-content/up ... 65_4k_.jpg[/IMG]

The RCA 65-inch UHD-TV with smart functions provided by the Google TV platform. The set was described as having a “curved design,” which refers the the curved bar of the base, not to the screen being curved rather than flat. (Photo: ON Corp)

http://www.hdtvexpert.com/the-rca-brand-prospers/
I saw that as well. I remember this being junk when I was younger but with how manufacturing is going these days I'm always curious if it's worth it or not?
May 24, 2012
255 posts
327 upvotes
Gatineau, Qc
Hmmm, from a glance, it looks like an LG. I'd suggests for anyone that is interested to buy the warranty. You can get it back after it expires if you do not use it.
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10229 posts
3143 upvotes
Montreal
Redscott wrote: The RCA 65-inch UHD-TV with smart functions provided by the Google TV platform. The set was described as having a “curved design,” which refers the the curved bar of the base, not to the screen being curved rather than flat. (Photo: ON Corp)

http://www.hdtvexpert.com/the-rca-brand-prospers/
RCA United States TV's are not the same as RCA Canada. RCA Canada is REBRANDED China junk by Curtis.

You'll see that NONE of the models are the same when you click on United States (photo on left of link below) or when you click on the Canada link (sends you off to Curtis site):
http://www.rca.com/products/televisions/

RCA Canada = Curtis
RCA United States = another company
Banned
Sep 7, 2015
4 posts
Montreal, QC
yuprules wrote: RCA United States TV's are not the same as RCA Canada. RCA Canada is REBRANDED China junk by Curtis.

You'll see that NONE of the models over laptap when you click on United States (photo on left) or when you click on the Canada link (sends you off to Curtis site):
http://www.rca.com/products/televisions/

RCA Canada = Curtis
RCA United States = another company
China Junk? You do realize that practically everything you buy is manufactured in China.

I agree, I would stay away from RCA Canada = Curtis as they have poor quality control. The chances of getting a dud higher than the norm, and good luck getting decent tech support. The quality of the product has nothing to do with the location to where it is produced but on the quality control & after service practices of the company selling. You pay for what you get. Do not expect to get a rolls royce at the price of a lada.
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10229 posts
3143 upvotes
Montreal
SilentBob2015 wrote: China Junk? You do realize that practically everything you buy is manufactured in China.

I agree, I would stay away from RCA Canada = Curtis as they have poor quality control. The chances of getting a dud higher than the norm, and good luck getting decent tech support. The quality of the product has nothing to do with the location to where it is produced but on the quality control & after service practices of the company selling. You pay for what you get. Do not expect to get a rolls royce at the price of a lada.
Yes but Samsung even though is made in China...it is not REBRANDED junk, they have proper specifications and quality control. Curtis does not.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
kellyahlers wrote: Saw the Brick had an RCA 65" 4k TV for $1099 in their flyer. Anyone know anything about these or if they are any good?
HOT BUY!
if they are any good?
Something doesn't add up.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2003
2366 posts
398 upvotes
Edmonton
gnuman wrote: RCA = Stay away
+
The Brick = Stay away

= STAY AWAY!!!
Definition: Than
A conjunction used to introduce the second element of an unequal comparison: She had better grammar than I.
Aug 4, 2010
691 posts
277 upvotes
Not Winnipeg
Hilarious.
Such a "hot buy" that OP has to ask if they are any good. :facepalm:
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10229 posts
3143 upvotes
Montreal
ahhell wrote: Hilarious.
RCA and HOT buy never go hand in hand. :)
Oct 20, 2009
546 posts
769 upvotes
Beeton
Any good 60" deals out there?

In the market to buy over the next week....
Feb 7, 2007
34 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
ahhell wrote: Hilarious.
Forum post put it in automatically...was meant as a question for this forum. :(