• Mar 10th, 2014 2:58 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2006
2134 posts
169 upvotes

[The Brick] The Brick (in store): MONSTER HDMI Cable (Q4HDMI) 4 ft., $5

Many non branded HDMI cables go for $10 or $20 or more.

MONSTER branded HDMI Cable.
-Regular price is $19.99
-Internet price is $14.99 at The Brick
-In-store Saturday Only (March 8, 2014 only) price $5.00 because of their Electronics Madness Doorcrashers, page 1 of their flyer

http://www1.thebrick.com search Monster Q4HDMI and notice these specs
Corrosion-resistant 24k gold contacts.
Black Medium Small Square Gold-plated heavy-duty metal strain-relief and connector shield.
Black Medium Small Square Nitrogen-injected gas dielectric for maximum signal strength. A dielectric is a substance in which an electric field can be maintained with a minimum loss of power.
Black Medium Small Square Maximum performance for new generation 1080p HDTVs, DVD players, and HD cable/satellite receivers.
Black Medium Small Square Experience 1080p full HD picture and digital surround sound at a price everybody can afford.

Enjoy and you're welcome!!!!
34 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1835 posts
598 upvotes
Guelph
Still cheaper @ the dollar store I believe.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3891 posts
2811 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 24th, 2022 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2006
2134 posts
169 upvotes
Exocet77 wrote: Still cheaper @ the dollar store I believe.
Which locations of Dollarama or dollar store sells Monster HDMI Cables for less than $5.00? Let us know!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3891 posts
2811 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 24th, 2022 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2006
2134 posts
169 upvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote: Meh, you can get longer HDMI cables for this price all day long. Nothing special about Monster. If anything I'd avoid buying it just to not support Monster.
Can you post a link to where I can find a premium brand like Monster cables for less? I checked other stores and most sold brands I've never heard before for $25.00 or more. Even XS Cargo ones were $10 or more.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2006
2134 posts
169 upvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote: Who cares if it's Monster? Nothing special about HDMI cables. All the same. Don't fall for the marketing.
Yes, for $19.99 I wouldn't buy it. Not even for $10.00. But anytime you can get a premium brand cable for the same price as those found at dollar stores and such, it's a good deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3891 posts
2811 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 24th, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4779 posts
1920 upvotes
Vancity
CoolDudeClan wrote: Haha...premium brand HDMI cable.

I got a 25 foot HDMI cable on Amazon.ca for $8 and it's worked perfectly for a year. Like I said, stop falling for marketing. All HDMI cables are the same. This has been common info for years.
Some cables are better made for frequent plugging/unplugging, but most people don't do this with their cables. However, "premium" brands for a "premium" price is still a rip-off.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1835 posts
598 upvotes
Guelph
smartcdn wrote: Which locations of Dollarama or dollar store sells Monster HDMI Cables for less than $5.00? Let us know!

So we should pay for the name?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3190 posts
1624 upvotes
Ottawa
I thought ppl stopped posting "deals" about Monster cables...
Aug 26, 2006
762 posts
504 upvotes
Montreal Area
lol.. ppl still buy premium...unless the cable is made out of rust... all hdmi cable are the same... unless its heavily coated in gold
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2009 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto
CoolDudeClan wrote: Who cares if it's Monster? Nothing special about HDMI cables. All the same. Don't fall for the marketing.
That is just false. I am not saying that people should all run out and buy Monster cables but your claim is just not true. The $3 cables will work fine until you have a problem. You may get lucky or not. There are differences in HDMI cables from the point of view of materials used and quality control.

philip
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1835 posts
598 upvotes
Guelph
pmcd wrote: That is just false. I am not saying that people should all run out and buy Monster cables but your claim is just not true. The $3 cables will work fine until you have a problem. You may get lucky or not. There are differences in HDMI cables from the point of view of materials used and quality control.

philip
What happens when your $5 monster cable has problems? I have had my no-name cables for years now, no problems.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7698 posts
793 upvotes
North York
pmcd wrote: That is just false. I am not saying that people should all run out and buy Monster cables but your claim is just not true. The $3 cables will work fine until you have a problem. You may get lucky or not. There are differences in HDMI cables from the point of view of materials used and quality control.

philip
When buying the dollar shop cables (clearance priced, no name), just be prepared to test them immediately. Don't expect to use them on NEWEST equipment in 3 years ... they do, then great. If not, just toss them.

I mean, they may work now with your current/older equipment that don't use all the new HDMI standards. But if you only paid $3 for it, so what ... buy a new one in 3 years for another $3.

I got two $3 6' standard HDMI from Dollar shop as suggested by RFD ... they work with my stuff. :) :)

A question for RFD ... those new HDMI cables that say they are V1.4 (or whatever the newest standard is) ... under what conditions/equipment would you need these newer speced cables?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2006
2134 posts
169 upvotes

philip
Couldn't be better said.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2006
2134 posts
169 upvotes
Busybuyer888 wrote: When buying the dollar shop cables (clearance priced, no name), just be prepared to test them immediately. Don't expect to use them on NEWEST equipment in 3 years ... they do, then great. If not, just toss them.

I mean, they may work now with your current/older equipment that don't use all the new HDMI standards. But if you only paid $3 for it, so what ... buy a new one in 3 years for another $3.

I got two $3 6' standard HDMI from Dollar shop as suggested by RFD ... they work with my stuff. :) :)

A question for RFD ... those new HDMI cables that say they are V1.4 (or whatever the newest standard is) ... under what conditions/equipment would you need these newer speced cables?
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a deal? Why not pay $5 for a better Monster brand one instead of ending up buying two and always using no-name products? $5 is less than $3 + $3. Simple math.

The funny thing is people will go through big troubles just to get really high end equipment and then go cheap on cables. Anyone hear of the phrase "weakest link"?
Jun 7, 2008
254 posts
25 upvotes
Winnipeg
smartcdn wrote: The funny thing is people will go through big troubles just to get really high end equipment and then go cheap on cables. Anyone hear of the phrase "weakest link"?
Nice try Futureshop associate.
Mar 21, 2010
824 posts
205 upvotes
Edmonton
This thread is silly. What evidence are people using to assume that a monster cable will work longer than a no name cheap cable? An hdmi cable transmits a digital audio signal and a digital video signal. There's no picture or sound quality difference between a $500 hdmi cable and a $2 hdmi cable. For the people claiming that monster cables last longer would you be able to show the research indicating that? If not, please don't claim it in this thread. My $1.80 hdmi cable from amazon I purchased 4 years ago has never had any issue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)