• Sep 19th, 2020 1:10 pm
[OP]
Jul 5, 2012
509 posts
35 upvotes
Mississauga

Bridge Water community Vs. West Port Condos

Hello Everyone,

Things are moving slowly to routine and so as the condo advertisements. I see two upcoming Pre-condo construction projects in Port Credit area.. Personally i like this area and would like to know the experts opinion on these projects.

Don't know about builders of either of the projects. What are the pros and cons of each project? Which one is good for investment purpose?

Bridge Water - Brightwater Condos is a new condo development by Kilmer Group, Dream Unlimited Corp, Diamond Corp, and FRAM + Slokker currently in pre-construction at 70 Mississauga Rd. Brightwater Condominiums has a total of 2500-units in an expansive condo community in Mississauga’s Port Credit neighbourhood. Brightwater is located in the major intersection of Mississauga Rd & Front St N for an estimated occupancy date in 2023.

Westport Condos -West Port Condos is new high-rise condo project by Edenshaw Developments. Located directly opposite Port Credit GO Train Station, Westport Condos is only minutes to Mississauga City Centre, and 20 minutes to downtown Toronto via the GO Train.

*Above information is taken from buzzbuzzhomes website
77 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4544 posts
2180 upvotes
Toronto
brightwater is a master planned community. that will take probably a decade to build. not really the same thing
Full-time Realtor
[OP]
Jul 5, 2012
509 posts
35 upvotes
Mississauga
taking first condo as an example from Bridge water.. how is it compared?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4544 posts
2180 upvotes
Toronto
nothing has been released yet except some videos and renderings for brightwater. the site is also further from port credit go
Full-time Realtor
Jul 2, 2018
250 posts
238 upvotes
GTA
We have a good relationship with Edenshaw so we are pushing Westport, but regardless of that relationship, the proximity to the GO station is just amazing so the demand is high for this project.
Realtor + Investor
Apr 6, 2020
73 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Westport is going to be very well priced during at least the first round of early access, which will be great for investing. I know at least 4 agents at my brokerage who are seriously considering investing in units. The official sales launch is coming soon, [...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 2nd, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: cleanup
GTA Real Estate Agent
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1457 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
mjkrealty wrote: Westport is going to be very well priced during at least the first round of early access, which will be great for investing. I know at least 4 agents at my brokerage who are seriously considering investing in units. The official sales launch is coming soon, but we are already taking worksheets from clients to submit and give them the best shot at securing a unit early on with the best prices, upgrades, incentives and deposit structures
Is there any indication on price for Westport?
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4544 posts
2180 upvotes
Toronto
I hear in the 400s
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1457 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
If you can buy a 1B/1B under 500K, you will do well IMO!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17463 posts
4338 upvotes
Toronto
CondoMan98 wrote: If you can buy a 1B/1B under 500K, you will do well IMO!
Tough to say, different area, but mississauga is generally getting into "high supply" with condos. July 6th is the launch date for this one.
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Apr 6, 2020
73 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
CondoMan98 wrote: Is there any indication on price for Westport?
Supposed to be an average of about $1000 PSF. Lower sq ft units will be higher on the range, higher sq ft units will be lower on the range.
GTA Real Estate Agent
Jul 2, 2018
250 posts
238 upvotes
GTA
The floor plans look pretty decent for Westport. It's crazy that 540 sq ft is a 1+1 nowadays.
Realtor + Investor
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1457 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
mjkrealty wrote:
Supposed to be an average of about $1000 PSF. Lower sq ft units will be higher on the range, higher sq ft units will be lower on the range.
I don’t know if I’d buy then. It’s a beautiful place, but it’s still Mississauga, but I’ll wait and see.
Jul 2, 2018
250 posts
238 upvotes
GTA
CondoMan98 wrote: I don’t know if I’d buy then. It’s a beautiful place, but it’s still Mississauga, but I’ll wait and see.
The pricing is in line with the area at around 1000, the deposits have been extended out a bit more versus the original plan too. Let's wait and see how many worksheets come in now.
Realtor + Investor
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17463 posts
4338 upvotes
Toronto
RealtorInvestor wrote: The floor plans look pretty decent for Westport. It's crazy that 540 sq ft is a 1+1 nowadays.
Well my 565 sqft 1+1 in ORO was purchased with the full intention to use it as a 2 Bed Face With Tears Of Joy (I bought this one for personal use)
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 9.38.04 PM copy.png
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA