Shopping Discussion

Briggs & Stratton 20gal compressor at Costco--anyone seen this?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2021 8:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28725 posts
9173 upvotes

Briggs & Stratton 20gal compressor at Costco--anyone seen this?

About a month or so ago I saw a 20 gal oil-free, low-noise, compressor at my local [Vaughan West] Costco. Pretty sure, but not 100% sure that it was this model or very similar:
https://www.briggsandstratton.com/na/en ... essor.html

The price seemed pretty good and they had a couple in stock. Seems somewhat similar to HF's McGraw 21 gal oil-free model though that has slightly more volume and a little higher max PSI--of course can't go to US for a long time now so haven't done any HF shopping...

However like anything at Costblo I thought if it comes on clearance it's gonna be a great deal, I'd just wait for that. Unfortunately it seems to have disappeared entirely from my local Costco. I haven't bothered to check any others in the covid hysteria, but wondering if anyone has seen this around the GTA recently and could they say the price if they have seen it?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2809 posts
2100 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
ES_Revenge wrote: About a month or so ago I saw a 20 gal oil-free, low-noise, compressor at my local [Vaughan West] Costco. Pretty sure, but not 100% sure that it was this model or very similar:
https://www.briggsandstratton.com/na/en ... essor.html

The price seemed pretty good and they had a couple in stock. Seems somewhat similar to HF's McGraw 21 gal oil-free model though that has slightly more volume and a little higher max PSI--of course can't go to US for a long time now so haven't done any HF shopping...

However like anything at Costblo I thought if it comes on clearance it's gonna be a great deal, I'd just wait for that. Unfortunately it seems to have disappeared entirely from my local Costco. I haven't bothered to check any others in the covid hysteria, but wondering if anyone has seen this around the GTA recently and could they say the price if they have seen it?
Can't be 100% sure but I'm thinking I saw an air compressor a couple of weeks ago in Surrey.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28725 posts
9173 upvotes
Well was back in stock at my local store when I was there today, several in stock at reg. price of $299.99. If/when it goes on sale (or even better clearance) will pick one up! Well unless border opens up before that--then I'll just get the McGraw from HF.