Bright water - Mississauga

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 5:10 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1456 posts
2135 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: I don't understand the LCBO comment. Somehow having an LCBO raises the site to a new level? :S
Face With Tears Of Joy
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2003
1854 posts
388 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: I don't understand the LCBO comment. Somehow having an LCBO raises the site to a new level? :S
Haha.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17463 posts
4336 upvotes
Toronto
7thEye wrote: It’s not. It was about 1000 PSL and this is a planned community with an LCBO. It’s not even remotely the same in terms of potential and doesn’t have the crap payment structure District did
I'm so confused about why you are so fond of this release (this specific release of 2 low rise buildings that aren't anywhere close to the lake at least)....I mean I get some of the appeal, but LCBO? Are you implying that encouraging locals drinking = High Return Investment for your Pre-Con?

Westport was a far better project than whats currently being released at Brightwater

Edit: missed Jon's comments
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1456 posts
2135 upvotes
Toronto
deal_with_singh wrote: I'm so confused about why you are so fond of this release (this specific release of 2 low rise buildings that aren't anywhere close to the lake at least)....I mean I get some of the appeal, but LCBO? Are you implying that encouraging locals drinking = High Return Investment for your Pre-Con?

Westport was a far better project than whats currently being released at Brightwater

Edit: missed Jon's comments
I’m disappointed with the Brightwater buildings. In all of the ads, we see those beautiful condos by the lake. But instead they give us this short, ugly building, and another mediocre building that looks just run of the mill.

Festival > Brightwater
Oct 22, 2019
233 posts
211 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: I’m disappointed with the Brightwater buildings. In all of the ads, we see those beautiful condos by the lake. But instead they give us this short, ugly building, and another mediocre building that looks just run of the mill.

Festival > Brightwater
Its all by design, by the time they release the high rise towers right by the water, the prices would have surged by then.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17463 posts
4336 upvotes
Toronto
CondoMan98 wrote: I’m disappointed with the Brightwater buildings. In all of the ads, we see those beautiful condos by the lake. But instead they give us this short, ugly building, and another mediocre building that looks just run of the mill.

Festival > Brightwater
It was seen coming. Hype up "Brightwater" brand, and then hope no one realizes the brightwater you were hyping up is not the brightwater you're releasing.

Its a great marketing strategy, and a lot of unsuspecting buyers will take it just because it has the Brightwater name attached, only to later find out this isn't the same building that's hyped up!

Like JD_Inv pointed out....by the time we reach those buildings that are the "poster child" of bright water...we'll probably see $1400+/sqft rather than the $1050 or so we're seeing now.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4542 posts
2178 upvotes
Toronto
deal_with_singh wrote: Brightwater.jpg
lmao...
i think those are the later phases close to the water right..

watch Harley pump this shit building up.
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1456 posts
2135 upvotes
Toronto
oasis100 wrote: lmao...
i think those are the later phases close to the water right..

watch Harley pump this shit building up.
I saw an agent rationalizing Brightwater 1 and 2 on YouTube by saying they are better than the beach ones because you are so close to the GO train station. You can walk there in minutes.

When I was at Port Credit, I walked west from Ann Street across Lakeshore. I didn’t even reach the bridge and I was kind of bored/tired. NOT STEPS TO THE GO!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44426 posts
4999 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Festival > Brightwater
I haven't even seen the site plan - can someone share that? Which two buildings are the ones being sold right now?
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Jun 6, 2009
516 posts
81 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: It was seen coming. Hype up "Brightwater" brand, and then hope no one realizes the brightwater you were hyping up is not the brightwater you're releasing.

Its a great marketing strategy, and a lot of unsuspecting buyers will take it just because it has the Brightwater name attached, only to later find out this isn't the same building that's hyped up!

Like JD_Inv pointed out....by the time we reach those buildings that are the "poster child" of bright water...we'll probably see $1400+/sqft rather than the $1050 or so we're seeing now.
For sure, by the time they actually release the buildings that everyone thinks of Bright water, the prices will reflect the premium of actually being by the water.

Clever marketing to build interest..
Jul 20, 2003
528 posts
41 upvotes
i think port credit is much better investment that those touted as Festival bc of location. Vaughan sucks and the location will never reach levels PC will. It’s like comparing a garbage dump to a castle.

As for Bridgewater it’s a hyped planned community. People are dying to get in and I think you can make good money on the hype of the place and the future plans over anywhere else.

Also the deposit structure is great. District was horrible last year wanting so much money on the first year.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17463 posts
4336 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: I haven't even seen the site plan - can someone share that? Which two buildings are the ones being sold right now?
These are the buildings being sold right now
Building 1: 5 stories
Building 2: 14 stories....
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 11.15.16 AM.png
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17463 posts
4336 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: I haven't even seen the site plan - can someone share that? Which two buildings are the ones being sold right now?
This is the "site plan"
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 11.14.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 11.14.57 AM.png
Jul 20, 2003
528 posts
41 upvotes
Are you crazy?

Festival is trash. It’s in stuoid Vaughan where you are lucky if anyone cares to live.

Brightwater is going to become Liberty village. It will soon be well over 1400psf by the time they are done.

You are getting in now on the first buildings for far less. When other towers release these prices will never be seen again.

Everyone is free to make their own choice but with the amazing deposit structure I’ve grabbed two units for chump change and will see what happens