Bright water - Mississauga

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 5:10 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17463 posts
4338 upvotes
Toronto
CondoMan98 wrote: I saw an agent rationalizing Brightwater 1 and 2 on YouTube by saying they are better than the beach ones because you are so close to the GO train station. You can walk there in minutes.

When I was at Port Credit, I walked west from Ann Street across Lakeshore. I didn’t even reach the bridge and I was kind of bored/tired. NOT STEPS TO THE GO!
LMFAO @ the agent trying to justify this as a better building than the waterfront ones....
cleardevil wrote: For sure, by the time they actually release the buildings that everyone thinks of Bright water, the prices will reflect the premium of actually being by the water.

Clever marketing to build interest..
Yep! Clever marketing to sell "junk" product first while the hype keeps building up for the premium product that everyone actually wants.
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Jul 20, 2003
528 posts
41 upvotes
For anyone who misses out on this there will be lots of other buildings going up - but it will cost you upwards of 1200-1400psf by then.

Getting in first on the cheapest units that will ever be sold for the new liberty village was worth it for me. If anyone wants to see them msot other agents get access now
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1458 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
Masterplanned condos are becoming overpriced. Developers know buyers will overpay because well...it’s masterplanned lol.

I’d take the Daniels masterplanned at Square One over Brightwater with crazy prices.
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4544 posts
2180 upvotes
Toronto
I rather just buy a condo near a subway or future subway. over 'master planned'
Full-time Realtor
Jul 23, 2020
83 posts
58 upvotes
any master planned condos that have been successful? humber bay?
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1458 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
ricodeals wrote: any master planned condos that have been successful? humber bay?
City Place, I guess.
Jul 20, 2003
528 posts
41 upvotes
Daniels are crooks with the deposit structure.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1458 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
7thEye wrote: Daniels are crooks with the deposit structure.
You are putting too much emphasis on the deposit structure. The units are/were (not sure if they are still available) really well priced at their Square One condo, so who cares if you have to pay the 5% either within a year or the year after. You can either afford the condo or you can't...and if you are going to buy one of these to flip in a year, you will be disappointed. The resale market will probably be weak for the next couple of years.
Dec 27, 2004
374 posts
19 upvotes
Saw the price lists & floorplans - its not that bad 1000-1050/sqft in Brightwater II, and lower than that in Brightwater I.
Jan 5, 2020
492 posts
528 upvotes
ricodeals wrote: any master planned condos that have been successful? humber bay?
There have been no successful master planned communities in the GTA. Imo, it is always better to just by a stand-a-lone condo in a good neighborhood.

Master planned communities end up becoming an area that is dense with many condos with relatively little amenities. Humber Bay is a good example of this.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4544 posts
2180 upvotes
Toronto
I rather buy 8188 Yonge Street. if I was to buy something I am selling.
Full-time Realtor
Dec 27, 2004
374 posts
19 upvotes
7thEye wrote: Daniels are crooks with the deposit structure.
If i remember correctly, Daniels worked out to 10% in Year 1.. Brightwater is the same, 5% within 30 days, and another 5% in 180 days. Yes its in a different calendar year..but still need to find 10% in 6 months, Daniels was 9% in 6 months.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17463 posts
4338 upvotes
Toronto
Hogo wrote: Saw the price lists & floorplans - its not that bad 1000-1050/sqft in Brightwater II, and lower than that in Brightwater I.
The $/sqft isn't bad but the units are in a building which has nothing unique about it. The later towers are whats unique and worth while. For this price, Westport was a better buy.
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA