Credit Cards

Brim Mastercard - No-Fee Foreign Exchange Card!

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 1:59 pm
Tags:
None
Sr. Member
Oct 19, 2002
620 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
Vasyllaw wrote: You will probably get a second approval email with the credit limit as I did 2 weeks ago. Still no card.
This is my first email and it did actually tell me my credit limit...
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2017
1176 posts
965 upvotes
Calgary
AdidasROXX wrote: This is my first email and it did actually tell me my credit limit...
Out of curiosity, was the credit limit, low, high or average compared to the credit limits on your other cards?
Member
Jan 14, 2017
363 posts
260 upvotes
AdidasROXX wrote: This is my first email and it did actually tell me my credit limit...
It seems their approval process is still developing. 3 weeks later still no card for me. Applied Feb 6.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3672 posts
1402 upvotes
Ottawa
Why are people still so excited to get the card? The fee increase is not worth it imo, and a company that changes it on a whim is not to be trusted
Newbie
Apr 20, 2012
45 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
AdidasROXX wrote: 2018-07-31 23.38.11.png


Got my approval email today. Applied on March 5. Let's see how long the actual card takes.
This gives me (very slight) hope that mine will be done in a few days as I applied on March 5th as well.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5389 posts
3455 upvotes
Vasyllaw wrote: It seems their approval process is still developing. 3 weeks later still no card for me. Applied Feb 6.
clearly they are not going by application date as they had promised. how does someone applying march 5 get the card before someone applying feb 6?
Member
Jan 14, 2017
363 posts
260 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote: clearly they are not going by application date as they had promised. how does someone applying march 5 get the card before someone applying feb 6?
Sorry if I missed, who got a card applying March 5?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 24, 2016
7676 posts
7858 upvotes
The Prairies
yikes7772 wrote: This gives me (very slight) hope that mine will be done in a few days as I applied on March 5th as well.
Feb 06 here, and still haven’t heard a peep, so don’t hold your breath.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3672 posts
1402 upvotes
Ottawa
Poutinesauce wrote: Because for no FX cards we have extremely slim pickings.
Sure, but is Brim worth the struggle and frustration?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5389 posts
3455 upvotes
Vasyllaw wrote: Sorry if I missed, who got a card applying March 5?
Adidasroxx a few posts up.

He got approval email and said he applied march 5. No card in hand yet but will be soon.
Sr. Member
Feb 1, 2018
959 posts
1093 upvotes
Montréal
Poutinesauce wrote: Well a no FX card easily means hundreds of dollars saved every year. So yes it is.
However, Brim has already backtracked on the no FX thing. They aren't stating their exchange rates so the chances of it being actually 0% FX are slim.
Jr. Member
Oct 27, 2015
122 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am done with this company and their endless false promises. Got my HomeTrust VISA and Rogers WE MasterCard in my wallet.

Went to their website, filled out their online form and got the following email:
We confirm that your application for a Brim card has been cancelled and we will make no further attempts to verify your identity or credit history. Information relating to your application has been deleted unless required for regulatory purposes.

Thank you,

Privacy Officer
Brim Financial Inc.
brimfinancial.com
Very poor security. They took that form at face value. No validation, nothing.
Member
Jan 14, 2017
363 posts
260 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote: Adidasroxx a few posts up.

He got approval email and said he applied march 5. No card in hand yet but will be soon.
I got a second approval email almost 3 weeks ago and still no card. "Soon" means not a lot nowadays.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 24, 2016
7676 posts
7858 upvotes
The Prairies
Vasyllaw wrote: "Soon" means not a lot nowadays.
No, soon still means soon, just not in Brim world, where the definition of soon changes by the hour.
Jr. Member
Dec 15, 2017
133 posts
98 upvotes
I recently called Brim, and asked if I have been approved or not (I applied around middle of February). The representative said that if you application is not really on file that means it was declined (which surprised me since I have a good credit score). Thus, applicants who get refused are not even told that hey have been declined, they are still left there waiting.
ROGERS $45 25GB 📱 Brim Financial MasterCard💳, and Tangerine.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1967 posts
876 upvotes
ON
TheStefmeister wrote: I recently called Brim, and asked if I have been approved or not (I applied around middle of February). The representative said that if you application is not really on file that means it was declined (which surprised me since I have a good credit score). Thus, applicants who get refused are not even told that hey have been declined, they are still left there waiting.
I wouldn't trust the Brim CSR. I'd bet you are still going to get something eventually.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
1742 posts
470 upvotes
Montreal
batcave wrote: Yes. I saved some screenshots though. Some were in poor taste but very funny at the same time because it was basically juvenile humour. I'm surprised the one dissing the mods remains. That is the tombstone.

In response to your post, I answer with a question. Why would anyone with a TD Infinite Privilege card want a Brim card? Meh
Why were the posts deleted?

Top